Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Live like it.

Anyone know of Wayne Lawhorn

Anyone remember him? Know where he presently is? If he's still very conservative?

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
Anyone remember him? Know where he presently is? If he's still very conservative?
Yes.

Kentucky, I believe.

Yes.

He actually preached at the AMC meeting a couple of years ago.

He's still a good singer too for those of us that like that style.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Maybe I'm wrong but I think this brother is from Georgia,but I can't tell you if he is Con,LIB,Mod or whatever.
I think there are some Lawhorns in Georgia that have a ministerial fellowship.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

He is in Beckley, WV pastoring the church his father pastored. That is unless he has moved in that last few years. Still conservative.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

I stand to be corrected I was thinking about some brethren with the last name of Longshore.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Sister Alvear

yes he is from w.virginia and he is UC.
very good singer.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 01-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I recall his singing some song about "Momma" ....Something about a son who was astray for years but Momma kept praying and "now everything's all right and she could sleep tonight"...
Old 01-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Center of his will

bro. lawhorn pastors in bedford virginia. a very good man of God. a good church
Old 01-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkLady View Post
I recall his singing some song about "Momma" ....Something about a son who was astray for years but Momma kept praying and "now everything's all right and she could sleep tonight"...
Yes, I remember it. When I was younger my parents weren't huge music listeners... they only had a handful of records... and Lanny Wolfe Trio and Wayne Lawhorn were among them.
Seeing Lanny's name reminded me of those old records.. the Hemphills were one of the few as well...

Wayne married a girl from our church, and I just wondered where they were. It's been ages since I've seen them.

He had some very memorable songs...

"Dope and cigarettes, beer and magazines, cause a great commotion. Skatin' rinks, picture shows, pool halls dominos, men, with mixed emotions. The church has a dance hall, the preacher has a bowling ball and they think it's good clean livin'. Sunday Schools are having races, teachers have their painted faces, oh what a time we're livin;... but you gotta keep your love on things above, not on the things of the devil. You gotta keep your eyes lookin' at the skies and you will live with the Lord forever"

There was also the

"Come out of her my people, thus saith the Lord. You can find it written in your Bible revelation 18:4. You gotta be filled with the Spirit and I'll guarantee you will see... God the rock now sendin' revival to the free.
I know some Apostolics, who claim to live right. But if you preach Jerimiah 10, they get mad and wanna fight. They're so sanctified, they won't watch a tv. But their just like thier mother they still love a Christmas tree"

I think he wrote those himself lol..

He also sang one about America, has forgotten God... and the Hello Momma one... I just called to tell you, all those tears you shed for me, they were not in vain.

We had a couple tapes and a couple records of his, if I remember correctly.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes, I remember it. When I was younger my parents weren't huge music listeners... they only had a handful of records... and Lanny Wolfe Trio and Wayne Lawhorn were among them.
Seeing Lanny's name reminded me of those old records.. the Hemphills were one of the few as well...

Wayne married a girl from our church, and I just wondered where they were. It's been ages since I've seen them.

He had some very memorable songs...

"Dope and cigarettes, beer and magazines, cause a great commotion. Skatin' rinks, picture shows, pool halls dominos, men, with mixed emotions. The church has a dance hall, the preacher has a bowling ball and they think it's good clean livin'. Sunday Schools are having races, teachers have their painted faces, oh what a time we're livin;... but you gotta keep your love on things above, not on the things of the devil. You gotta keep your eyes lookin' at the skies and you will live with the Lord forever"

There was also the

"Come out of her my people, thus saith the Lord. You can find it written in your Bible revelation 18:4. You gotta be filled with the Spirit and I'll guarantee you will see... God the rock now sendin' revival to the free.
I know some Apostolics, who claim to live right. But if you preach Jerimiah 10, they get mad and wanna fight. They're so sanctified, they won't watch a tv. But their just like thier mother they still love a Christmas tree"

I think he wrote those himself lol..

He also sang one about America, has forgotten God... and the Hello Momma one... I just called to tell you, all those tears you shed for me, they were not in vain.

We had a couple tapes and a couple records of his, if I remember correctly.
WOW, that brought back some memories..The one I recall was about "Momma"...I think it started out with "Hello Momma" and he was calling to tell her that all those tears were not in vain. My mother-in-law had his album.