Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Apostolic Articles
Facebook

Notices

Old 07-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

Considering the glory of god in creation.

THESE ARE THE OPENING THOUGHTS OF MY BOOK ENTITLED "CONSIDERING THE GLORY OF GOD IN CREATION". IN OUR WRITINGS, OUR ONE ON ONE CONVERSATIONS, WE DESIRE TO REACH INTO YOUR FAITH, IN SO DOING FIND A COMMON PLACE OF OF UNDERSTANDING, IN A FELLOWSHIP OF HIS UNDERSTANDING AND WISDOM.OPENING THOUGHTS We are writing of an old history, about one of the very beginning of all things, a much different scene from what we know and see now. This is not an archeological find, of which we look for some kind of remains, something left for us to rediscover in some way. In all reality, we must admit that the church of Jesus Christ prevails here, if only to know more of its beginning roots within Gods eternal plan. Moving somewhat carefully, wishing only to let Him reveal to you and I of the mind [perfect wisdom] of this celestial being, our God. In this, we mean that by having the mind of Christ, [and every believer should?] we have access to both the mind of an eternal God, and his express image, of which we declare unto you, is the same. He that has seen me [Christ], hath indeed seen the father…. My father and I are one. The fullness of the godhead becomes seeable, and is revealed to you and I [us]. We have nothing to prove here, only something to believe, yes, something by faith to give us all a renewed hope of Gods eternal love, and most assuredly, an insight into His eternal grace and purpose. As we move [in time] into Christ, God is also fully realized with the quest [mission] of His son. The process automatically, presents the manifestations of God [dispensational], within our understanding of Him. In addition, we are made aware of the revelation of God in Christ [one], which reconciles us, unto him. This writing will take us into a different realm of His grace, we all understand the “by grace” we walk with Him, now, we will begin to know of the “eternal grace of God”. Grace defined more perfectly, enlarging your understanding in such a way as to help you see the reasoning of its true purpose. To enter us completely, and empower us with true understanding and wisdom. It is then, and only then that some, maybe not all, but we wish that all would, find and understand the “fullness of His grace”. The change that takes place here, is in this understanding, we move from “by grace”, into a more secure place “of grace”, a completed movement in time, and fully realized at His appearing, a spiritual body much like His. Nevertheless, we can, and as we have said before, many do, move into “an understanding” of the mindset of this eternal being we call “our God”. All within our mind now, and within our lives now, very possible, and achievable, but you must believe. Now, returning to our thoughts of creation, and what God has made, and yes the fact that we are living in the closing days of the Gentiles, but still within the sixth day of creation, it’s self. You and I are experiencing a part of creation still unfolding before us [the sixth day has not been judged yet, “and God saw that it was good”, is yet to be determined]. I understand that moving through the Apostolic understanding of the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ, can be overwhelming. Yet, it is very important that we look a little closer at the enlightening possibilities of truth itself, the very panorama of spiritual intent. The mind of God, His purpose, and yes, more expressedly, the part we play in all of this. There is much thought to be taken into consideration here, yes, even some prayer to stay focused and alert spiritually in its unfolding. The far-reaching connections of an eternal God will come alive in your minds, giving the reader much food for thought indeed. We are born of Him in Christ, but must move carefully through His understanding of these matters of a most spiritual enlightenment. To say why? and for what reason do we go back to the beginning, for this writing? Well, because the church, [body of Christ], the bride most particularly, needs to come home [Gods word] to their roots and foundation. A pilgrimage, a journey of researching our exalted purpose and moral significance [renewing of beliefs and faith]. May the Lord grant you this wisdom and understanding as we read, as we wish only to add to your knowledge of him, just a little more hope in the viewing of the awesomeness of it all? Proving that the presence of God, that is in Christ, so dwells in us, and we need to act accordingly in our daily lives. We must become a living testimony of our faith and teachings of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. The beginning of this unfolding truth begins with an eternal God, his mindfulness of the challenge before Him, and most certainly the plan. David spoke to us, telling us that the heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament sheweth his handy work [ Psalms. 19;1]. David continues with the words in [Psalms 8:3], When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy finger. From these two verses, we are made to see through David’s eyes and wisdom, “the glory of God”, and the phrase “I consider”. It is from this thought or maybe we should say thoughts, that we begin our writing, “I consider the glory of God”. As we write to you, remember that we also hope that there is a forming of a spiritual understanding within your minds of the greater truth of an eternal, almighty God. Known to us in the final presentation of redemptions work of salvation, as God in Christ, the fullness of the Godhead. We cannot understand the work of creation nor of its unfolding revelation, without understanding the mind of God and the movement of His manifestations also. Now stay with us as we look through the scriptures beholding the answers they give us and the blessing we will receive through faith. We speak of faith being used as a key here, yes, faith must be applied. Some, not all things spoken in the book of Genesis, can be proven naturally, and are not to be so taken, but as we say, will be understood only by faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen [Hebrews.11:1]. Let us consider here, a structural pillar of truth, faith. Now place faith where it is intended to be, by a believer. In the understanding process of God’s creation, and yes, most everything scriptural [bible]. We must believe and except by faith everything given us by God, first by faith, and later through the reading and or preaching of the truth of this glorious gospel of Jesus Christ. Paul clearly explains this in the book of Hebrews, [11:3], through “faith” we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. If God, through the porthole of faith, framed the worlds, then should we not view creation and all of Gods work by faith also? Paul is encouraging us to proceed by faith, in other words, “through faith we understand” [evidence by faith first]. What comes later is called substance. Are you beginning to understand the tool [of faith] that is very commonly known to us, and the power of its use in understanding Gods word? We must understand the faith that is used by god here; it is the faith that dwells within “the perfect choice” of a love that cannot be lost. God’s love, and eternal faith, sees and beholds the beginning and the end, and yes, the outcome of all of his work. He chooses us by faith here, should we not choose Him also by faith? Now we are coming to the reason of our faith, “the saving of our soul” and in that, Gods faith becomes a reality to us all. We restate the obvious again, “Lord I believe”! And that by faith. It is very easy to talk to a group of true believers, very comforting indeed. The word comes alive when we by faith search Gods truth for sound understanding, it is in this attitude, that the light of this glorious truth comes to us, first by faith, “Lord I believe”. You are also beginning to understand that many readers have a portion of faith, an understanding already present within them. This was acquired through reading and studying Gods word, and the hearing and teaching of it and most certainly the preaching of it. So let us continue in our search by faith, and of our faith already realized, and add to our faith more knowledge of the word of truth. Before we go any farther, we must look somewhat further into the very source and beginning of faith. For myself, and I speak comfortably here, faith first moved in the very works of creation, our eternal God presented it in the movement of His hope of the completeness of the reasoning of true love and of the offering of himself, a ransom. All by the faith [grace] of God, because everything that is righteous comes from the enter workings of the very coming forth of love, God is Love, God is faith. When we have faith then, we are in the process of believing and receiving God into our lives, can you see this? The more your faith controls your life, the more of God is found in your life. The movement of grace, so moves our faith, and our faith then, is by His grace, and inseparable. What a wonderful work this grace that we have found, by faith [His and ours combined], Lord, let it be true, even now, with every reader. Now we are ready to look by faith, into Gods work, yes a very wonderful endeavor of perfect love. He loved His work then, He still does even now, and His eternal purpose remains unshaken.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:17 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Considering the glory of god in creation.

That is way too long to read, without any paragraph breaks. Could you edit, to make it easier to read?
Old 07-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

Thank you. Please advise as to how i can edit, again thank you for your help.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Saul Stephen;1173691]THESE ARE THE OPENING THOUGHTS OF MY BOOK ENTITLED "CONSIDERING THE GLORY OF GOD IN CREATION". IN OUR WRITINGS, OUR ONE ON ONE CONVERSATIONS, WE DESIRE TO REACH INTO YOUR FAITH, IN SO DOING FIND A COMMON PLACE OF OF UNDERSTANDING, IN A FELLOWSHIP OF HIS UNDERSTANDING AND WISDOM.OPENING THOUGHTS We are writing of an old history, about one of the very beginning of all things, a much different scene from what we know and see now. This is not an archeological find, of which we look for some kind of remains, something left for us to rediscover in some way. In all reality, we must admit that the church of Jesus Christ prevails here, if only to know more of its beginning roots within Gods eternal plan. Moving somewhat carefully, wishing only to let Him reveal to you and I of the mind [perfect wisdom] of this celestial being, our God. In this, we mean that by having the mind of Christ, [and every believer should?] we have access to both the mind of an eternal God, and his express image, of which we declare unto you, is the same. He that has seen me [Christ], hath indeed seen the father…. My father and I are one. The fullness of the godhead becomes seeable, and is revealed to you and I [us]. We have nothing to prove here, only something to believe, yes, something by faith to give us all a renewed hope of Gods eternal love, and most assuredly, an insight into His eternal grace and purpose. As we move [in time] into Christ, God is also fully realized with the quest [mission] of His son. The process automatically, presents the manifestations of God [dispensational], within our understanding of Him. In addition, we are made aware of the revelation of God in Christ [one], which reconciles us, unto him. This writing will take us into a different realm of His grace, we all understand the “by grace” we walk with Him, now, we will begin to know of the “eternal grace of God”. Grace defined more perfectly, enlarging your understanding in such a way as to help you see the reasoning of its true purpose. To enter us completely, and empower us with true understanding and wisdom. It is then, and only then that some, maybe not all, but we wish that all would, find and understand the “fullness of His grace”. The change that takes place here, is in this understanding, we move from “by grace”, into a more secure place “of grace”, a completed movement in time, and fully realized at His appearing, a spiritual body much like His. Nevertheless, we can, and as we have said before, many do, move into “an understanding” of the mindset of this eternal being we call “our God”. All within our mind now, and within our lives now, very possible, and achievable, but you must believe. Now, returning to our thoughts of creation, and what God has made, and yes the fact that we are living in the closing days of the Gentiles, but still within the sixth day of creation, it’s self. You and I are experiencing a part of creation still unfolding before us [the sixth day has not been judged yet, “and God saw that it was good”, is yet to be determined]. I understand that moving through the Apostolic understanding of the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ, can be overwhelming. Yet, it is very important that we look a little closer at the enlightening possibilities of truth itself, the very panorama of spiritual intent. The mind of God, His purpose, and yes, more expressedly, the part we play in all of this. There is much thought to be taken into consideration here, yes, even some prayer to stay focused and alert spiritually in its unfolding. The far-reaching connections of an eternal God will come alive in your minds, giving the reader much food for thought indeed. We are born of Him in Christ, but must move carefully through His understanding of these matters of a most spiritual enlightenment. To say why? and for what reason do we go back to the beginning, for this writing? Well, because the church, [body of Christ], the bride most particularly, needs to come home [Gods word] to their roots and foundation. A pilgrimage, a journey of researching our exalted purpose and moral significance [renewing of beliefs and faith]. May the Lord grant you this wisdom and understanding as we read, as we wish only to add to your knowledge of him, just a little more hope in the viewing of the awesomeness of it all? Proving that the presence of God, that is in Christ, so dwells in us, and we need to act accordingly in our daily lives. We must become a living testimony of our faith and teachings of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. The beginning of this unfolding truth begins with an eternal God, his mindfulness of the challenge before Him, and most certainly the plan. David spoke to us, telling us that the heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament sheweth his handy work [ Psalms. 19;1]. David continues with the words in [Psalms 8:3], When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy finger. From these two verses, we are made to see through David’s eyes and wisdom, “the glory of God”, and the phrase “I consider”. It is from this thought or maybe we should say thoughts, that we begin our writing, “I consider the glory of God”. As we write to you, remember that we also hope that there is a forming of a spiritual understanding within your minds of the greater truth of an eternal, almighty God. Known to us in the final presentation of redemptions work of salvation, as God in Christ, the fullness of the Godhead. We cannot understand the work of creation nor of its unfolding revelation, without understanding the mind of God and the movement of His manifestations also. Now stay with us as we look through the scriptures beholding the answers they give us and the blessing we will receive through faith. We speak of faith being used as a key here, yes, faith must be applied. Some, not all things spoken in the book of Genesis, can be proven naturally, and are not to be so taken, but as we say, will be understood only by faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen [Hebrews.11:1]. Let us consider here, a structural pillar of truth, faith. Now place faith where it is intended to be, by a believer. In the understanding process of God’s creation, and yes, most everything scriptural [bible]. We must believe and except by faith everything given us by God, first by faith, and later through the reading and or preaching of the truth of this glorious gospel of Jesus Christ. Paul clearly explains this in the book of Hebrews, [11:3], through “faith” we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. If God, through the porthole of faith, framed the worlds, then should we not view creation and all of Gods work by faith also? Paul is encouraging us to proceed by faith, in other words, “through faith we understand” [evidence by faith first]. What comes later is called substance. Are you beginning to understand the tool [of faith] that is very commonly known to us, and the power of its use in understanding Gods word? We must understand the faith that is used by god here; it is the faith that dwells within “the perfect choice” of a love that cannot be lost. God’s love, and eternal faith, sees and beholds the beginning and the end, and yes, the outcome of all of his work. He chooses us by faith here, should we not choose Him also by faith? Now we are coming to the reason of our faith, “the saving of our soul” and in that, Gods faith becomes a reality to us all. We restate the obvious again, “Lord I believe”! And that by faith. It is very easy to talk to a group of true believers, very comforting indeed. The word comes alive when we by faith search Gods truth for sound understanding, it is in this attitude, that the light of this glorious truth comes to us, first by faith, “Lord I believe”. You are also beginning to understand that many readers have a portion of faith, an understanding already present within them. This was acquired through reading and studying Gods word, and the hearing and teaching of it and most certainly the preaching of it. So let us continue in our search by faith, and of our faith already realized, and add to our faith more knowledge of the word of truth. Before we go any farther, we must look somewhat further into the very source and beginning of faith. For myself, and I speak comfortably here, faith first moved in the very works of creation, our eternal God presented it in the movement of His hope of the completeness of the reasoning of true love and of the offering of himself, a ransom. All by the faith [grace] of God, because everything that is righteous comes from the enter workings of the very coming forth of love, God is Love, God is faith. When we have faith then, we are in the process of believing and receiving God into our lives, can you see this? The more your faith controls your life, the more of God is found in your life. The movement of grace, so moves our faith, and our faith then, is by His grace, and inseparable. What a wonderful work this grace that we have found, by faith [His and ours combined], Lord, let it be true, even now, with every reader. Now we are ready to look by faith, into Gods work, yes a very wonderful endeavor of perfect love. He loved His work then, He still does even now, and His eternal purpose remains unshaken.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Go Dodgers!

Try using page breaks for one? Break it into smaller segments for readability.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:39 AM
Registered Member

I think there should be a group of paragraphs where each paragraph contains different subtopics...