Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Prepper's Patch
Facebook

Notices

Prepper's Patch Prepping & Planning; Share your practical prepping and survival skills!

Old 01-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Re: Any Jesus Name Apostolic prepper familys out t

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
You might check out Earthship Biotecture, http://earthship.com/

I'm heading there soon, to get my master's in composting toilets.
I think I've heard just about everything now!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:04 PM
On the road less traveled

Don't laugh. It might be the way of the future. You know that tap water you drink... you are more than likely digesting particles of drugs, human waste + no telling what other chemicals, because the water treatment plants can only do so much. Composting toilets would eliminate the chemicals/waste getting into your water supply.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

It terrifies me to think of all the drugs people are ingesting through their water supply.....

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 01-21-2014, 01:33 PM
On the road less traveled

Yes it is a terrifying thought! We are on well water, and so thankful that we are. We live in a remote area, so no worry of chemicals, pesticides or such being in the well water. We also have a filter.

But people who live in cities, and are on city water, or sewer water, as my husband likes to call it... ewww... it is just disgusting to think about how all that water keeps being recycled, and it is not pure, just loaded with chemicals.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Don't laugh. It might be the way of the future. You know that tap water you drink... you are more than likely digesting particles of drugs, human waste + no telling what other chemicals, because the water treatment plants can only do so much. Composting toilets would eliminate the chemicals/waste getting into your water supply.
I just found it amusing that there's a master's degree in toilet composting. I really like the earthship.com link. That would be incredible to live in.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Yes it is a terrifying thought! We are on well water, and so thankful that we are. We live in a remote area, so no worry of chemicals, pesticides or such being in the well water. We also have a filter.

But people who live in cities, and are on city water, or sewer water, as my husband likes to call it... ewww... it is just disgusting to think about how all that water keeps being recycled, and it is not pure, just loaded with chemicals.
We are also on well water. I had it tested and that tells some things. It looked good. We are also up on a hill to some extent so fertilizers from the nearby fields hoefully doesn't come our way.

What do you know about water softeners for health benefit/risk?

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 01-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Banned

i'm convinced that the whole 'fracking' thing is more about ruining the aquifer than oil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I think I've heard just about everything now!
Lol. i was sold when i learned of the lady who makes about $5k a year on the side selling flowers from her compost-toilet-fed greenhouse, while 'we' pay to have what is essentially fertilizer removed from the property.