Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 03-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

Re: Jihad vs Crusades - Obama distorts history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
In present time you wouldnt follow Jesus just because He had long hair.

Jesus had many opportunities to speak on marriage law and marriage practices and these are missing not only from His time but for the entire period of history covered in the bible.

If it is there go get it and post chapter and verse on it.
Actually, Jesus DIDN'T have long hair. Many paintings abound that show him with long hair, but he condemned long hair on men calling it shameful. If I read correctly on the practice, Hebrew males were not to cut the end of their beards, and their hair was to grow no further than the coller area. In other words, they took a knife and cut it right before it hit the shoulders.
If he HADN'T addressed hair at all and it was proven his hair was "long", it wouldn't have stopped me from following him because his life was pure, his deeds compassionate and miraculous and he wasn't a sex pervert like many religious leaders and prophets constantly cropping up throughout history.

Last edited by anon5; 03-01-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
In present time you wouldnt follow Jesus just because He had long hair.

Jesus had many opportunities to speak on marriage law and marriage practices and these are missing not only from His time but for the entire period of history covered in the bible.

If it is there go get it and post chapter and verse on it.
Actually, Jesus DIDN'T have long hair. Many paintings abound that show him with long hair, but he condemned long hair on men calling it shameful. If I read correctly on the practice, Hebrew males were not to cut the end of their beards, and their hair was to grow no further than the coller area. In other words, they took a knife and cut it right before it hit the shoulders.
If he HADN'T addressed hair at all and it was proven his hair was "long", it wouldn't have stopped me from following him because his life was pure, his deeds compassionate and miraculous and he wasn't a sex pervert like many religious leaders and prophets constantly being reported out there.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon5 View Post
If he HADN'T addressed hair at all and it was proven his hair was "long", it wouldn't have stopped me from following him because his life was pure, his deeds compassionate and miraculous and he wasn't a sex pervert like many religious leaders and prophets constantly being reported out there.
In your excitement to post misleading stuff you doubled down.

http://www.thenazareneway.com/likene...ur_saviour.htm

Not what this letter from Pilate said. Said wavy and hanging around the shoulders.
Romans recorded every mundane thing it seems.
I dont remember Jesus mentioning hair length. Please share that verse with us. Sounds like you might be pulling a fast one there general.

Innocently wondering if you perhaps have another source? For appearance of Jesus I mean? Did any of the apostles mention it or write it down maybe? Check maybe some of the banned gospels? Thomas? Others?

At any rate did you get that chapter and verse about marriage age? Still waiting on that too.
Note: I'm not actually the right one to quote made up verses to. Nice try.

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 03-01-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, I get that a rogue and sadly isolated terrorist who associates himself with Christian beliefs exist, but did he shout right before shooting, All praise to Jesus? Was he trained alongside THOUSANDS of others in a Christian jihad terrorism camp? Is he just one of countless Christian suicide bombers blowing up car after car, or kidnapping schoolgirls by the hundreds, sending them off as child brides to be raped? Yes, nonmuslims have done all these things at some point, but it PALES in size, scope and intention of the Islam brand.

Seriously, trying to put the two in the same category is like equating a dripping faucet to Niagara freaking falls.
You really dont have much of a leg to stand on sport considering that our forefathers, after centuries of religious persecution, penned protection from religious rule at the very top of the Bill of Rights.

You're "better" because those wise men tied your hands. Not because you are better people.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
In your excitement to post misleading stuff you doubled down.

http://www.thenazareneway.com/likene...ur_saviour.htm

Not what this letter from Pilate said. Said wavy and hanging around the shoulders.
Romans recorded every mundane thing it seems.
I dont remember Jesus mentioning hair length. Please share that verse with us. Sounds like you might be pulling a fast one there general.

Innocently wondering if you perhaps have another source? For appearance of Jesus I mean? Did any of the apostles mention it or write it down maybe? Check maybe some of the banned gospels? Thomas? Others?

At any rate did you get that chapter and verse about marriage age? Still waiting on that too.
Note: I'm not actually the right one to quote made up verses to. Nice try.

1 corinthians 11, 3 thru 15 speaks on the hair length. As far as I'm concerned, hair can, as you say, hang around the shoulders, without touching it, but whatever. I think you like to pick fly poop out of pepper. Marriage age, as far as I can tell is never mentioned, but when did I say anything specific about age. I do know that generally speaking, grown men waited until their brides at least reaches puberty before marriage and not say, 9 years old. The life expectancy back then was considerably lower, so perhaps it's relative. I DO know that we are still one of the few countries in the world that has the luxury of having teenage CHILDREN.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You really dont have much of a leg to stand on sport considering that our forefathers, after centuries of religious persecution, penned protection from religious rule at the very top of the Bill of Rights.

You're "better" because those wise men tied your hands. Not because you are better people.

WHAT are you talking about?? Your making zero sense here. The last thing I want is some sort of Nehemiah Scudder type rule. What I was TRYING to point out was that in size, intensity and scope, Islam terrorism is FAR worse then anything dreamed up by the modern NON Muslim world.

You can come up with all the excuses and arguments you want to downplay that bit of fact, but muslim terrorists are taking this junk too far, and all I got to say is God help them the first time a school is taken hostage and kids beheaded. That just might be the straw that breaks the camels back.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Banned

Old 03-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
1 corinthians 11, 3 thru 15 speaks on the hair length. As far as I'm concerned, hair can, as you say, hang around the shoulders, without touching it, but whatever. I think you like to pick fly poop out of pepper. Marriage age, as far as I can tell is never mentioned, but when did I say anything specific about age. I do know that generally speaking, grown men waited until their brides at least reaches puberty before marriage and not say, 9 years old. The life expectancy back then was considerably lower, so perhaps it's relative. I DO know that we are still one of the few countries in the world that has the luxury of having teenage CHILDREN.
Jesus neither spoke in nor wrote 1st Corinthians and in what was recorded of what Jesus said there is nothing about hair. You attribute those words to Jesus? LOL

My own teenage children are in my view children however I do not judge something from 1400 years ago as sin or not sin. Until the 1920's teenagers were not considered "children" in our own country so the application of very recent changes in social views would not be the standard I would apply for sin or not sin anyway.

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 03-01-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
WHAT are you talking about?? Your making zero sense here. The last thing I want is some sort of Nehemiah Scudder type rule. What I was TRYING to point out was that in size, intensity and scope, Islam terrorism is FAR worse then anything dreamed up by the modern NON Muslim world.

You can come up with all the excuses and arguments you want to downplay that bit of fact, but muslim terrorists are taking this junk too far, and all I got to say is God help them the first time a school is taken hostage and kids beheaded. That just might be the straw that breaks the camels back.
Who made excuses?

More Muslims die fighting terrorism and standing up against terrorism than anyone else. Every day actually. A Muslim pilot died by fire at the hands of DAESH and a Muslim policeman died in France at the hands of terrorists you blame their beliefs for their deaths? No. Sign up and join the fight or keep silent about straws and camels.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:

What makes no sense is you rattling about how good and peaceful you are while enjoying protections for you that were put in place because of hundreds of years of violence and persecution under christian church rule.