Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Canadian Flavour
Facebook

Notices

Canadian Flavour FROM C2C ~The Canadian Corner~

Old 06-13-2007, 06:36 AM
Registered Member

Pentecostals in Canada

I was wondering if someone could tell me the reason why some pentecostal women in Canada wear those hat looking things? Is it a cultural thing? I've visited a few websites from churches in Canada and some practice it and some don't.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:53 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consapostolic1 View Post
I was wondering if someone could tell me the reason why some pentecostal women in Canada wear those hat looking things? Is it a cultural thing? I've visited a few websites from churches in Canada and some practice it and some don't.
Some do hold fast to the older interpretation of Cor. 11, and practice vieling their heads. This was common in most all denoms at one time.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 06-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Its not just a Canada thing,they do it Europe also and elsewhere.Are you referring to the "hanky" they put on their head?
Old 06-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

They are following the Apostles doctrine.

1: Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2: Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3: But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4: Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5: But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

Would that all Oneness Churches taught the truth!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:23 AM

I have no intent to hijack this thread (perhaps I need to start a new one?)

Here is my question: Where can I get a list of Oneness Pentecostal churches in Ontario?

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 06-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Mr. Hoover,

You can find the UPC ones on the UPCI website. ALJC ones on their website and independent ones from our Canadian friends here on AFF!!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Mr. Hoover,

You can find the UPC ones on the UPCI website. ALJC ones on their website and independent ones from our Canadian friends here on AFF!!
need nothing further on the Canadian UPC in this case. I had no luck with the ALJC site for Canada, and that is why I am asking here.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE E View Post
Its not just a Canada thing,they do it Europe also and elsewhere.Are you referring to the "hanky" they put on their head?

No I was referring to the shallow circular shaped hat that seems to only come in black. http://www.familyworship.ca/FWC/anvil07.html
Old 06-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
They are following the Apostles doctrine.

1: Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2: Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3: But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4: Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5: But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

Would that all Oneness Churches taught the truth!
I don't have my bible here with me, but doesn't the bible also state that her hair is given to her for a covering?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
[/B]
No I was referring to the shallow circular shaped hat that seems to only come in black. http://www.familyworship.ca/FWC/anvil07.html
That is from the Plaster Rock church website. They held that belief since Bro Ralston preached there way back decades and decades ago. All the really old timers in New Brunswick believed in that. Look back in very old apostolic pictures from anywhere, in the USA as well, and you will find that the women usually always wore a hat in church.

This church you saw on the site believes in a hat of some sort, but nothing in particular. They come in varying styles as the years come and go, changing the way the hat is. I personally met the pastor of the site you referenced.

MOST pentecostals in Canada DO NOT Wear this sort of head covering or hat whatsoever.