Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > New Member Info
Facebook

Notices

New Member Info Wanting to sign up to become a member of AFF? Please read 'New Member Registration Info' stickied here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Board Note, from the Admin

Just some notes and reminders.

This is a self moderated board. It always was and still is. That means that if you think there is a problem you need to bring it to our attention by using the post reporting tool.

Upon reporting a post please be patient as we often have to read several posts and concur with other Admins unless something is blatent.

And reporting an Admin is taken into consideration too. But remember that Admin are board users also and are allowed to have and express opinions just as you are.

If an Admin feels they need to take action now, be it a ban or a forum closure, and you feel such action was unwarranted, please contact one of the admin. Very often we take an action and then discuss things.

The reason for that is part of the reason for this next point. Besides the forum rules our purpose is to have a smooth running forum. This takes both YOU and US. There may be times we feel the need to take some sort of action that might not be a clear violation of forum rules, but simply because the smooth operation of the board is being disruptive.

An example might be a public spat between two individuals that end up taking over a thread and taking it off topic. In that case it might be best to take that to PM. But, if not and it appears to be disruptive to the rest of the board then we might have to take action. This can be subjective at times, but you have to realize there are other board members here.

When we do take an action towards an individual it may not necessarily be apparent to the entire board. We may have had to talk to that individual in private.

Consider that rarely is just one person out of line around here. If people across the aisle are both out of line either side is going to expect us to give them a pass while taking action against the other side. That is just not going to happen.

The solution is for everyone to behave, not lash back and report the post. What does not work is to reciprocate and then complain about the other person's behavior.

Also, consider that if you attempt to stir up the pot, do not be surprised that someone bites, after all that is what stirring the pot is intended for.

Finally, very often what we have to "adjust" around here is not opinions but HOW those opinions are expressed.

This remains an Apostolic board. Not everyone has ever agreed though on the hows and whys of Apostolic doctrine. It was never that way. Please when discussing your views do not take a mocking or flippant tone with each other. Treat each other as dear brothers and sisters in the Lord. It might be that you need to step back for a time and pray about that.

If you have thoughts on how to make the board better for all users feel free to drop one of us a note in PM.

God bless

1Co 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
1Co 13:2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
1Co 13:4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
1Co 13:5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
1Co 13:6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
1Co 13:7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1Co 13:8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
1Co 13:10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.
1Co 13:12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
1Co 13:13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

The Admin Team
*AQuietPlace*
CC1
Esther
Hoovie
Prax
The Mrs
votivesoul

Take a moment to review the Forum Rules by clicking here.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Re: Board Note, from the Admin

Just a reminder that Admin do not live here 24/7.

When a post is reported there may only be one admin on at that time. Please allow time for other admin to weigh in and make an educated call.

Also, please refrain from demanding things from the admin.

The Admin Team
*AQuietPlace*
CC1
Esther
Hoovie
Prax
The Mrs
votivesoul

Take a moment to review the Forum Rules by clicking here.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:55 PM
My Family!

Excellent Post by Ferd that I hope all will read!!!!

In response to should the name Apostolic be taken out of the name of this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Come on guys, by now we all ought to realize that the word “Apostolic” doesn’t mean just people that believe like me (meaning each of us individually).
There are many different sets of believe that have just as legitimate a claim to the term “Apostolic” as any of us.

This board and its predecessors were never meant to be some specific group with a monolithic doctrine! In fact just the opposite is true!

Being completely honest AFF, NFCF, and FCF have always had people who don’t even consider themselves “Apostolic” anymore but they have roots that are.

This place is a place where people from many different understandings/beliefs can fellowship based on a shared set of values or cultural underpinnings.

Some don’t attend any kind of Pentecostal church, but their roots are Pentecostal and I think they should be just as welcome as an Apostolic preacher.

There are others who believe something vastly different than what I believe but their heritage is just as “Apostolic” as my own, even though that heritage stems from a different doctrinal perspective.

What makes this board “Apostolic” is not a monolithic doctrine. What makes this board “Apostolic” is a shared culture and heritage.

We either believe or have a heritage that is based on the Oneness Doctrine
We either believe or have a heritage that is spirit filled

Apostolicfriendsforum cannot be about who is right on doctrine. It can only be about basic common culture and heritage.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Go Dodgers!

Post Reporting Tool..the red triangle in the right hand side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (19.9 KB, 18 views)

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Closed Thread