Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Missions Area
Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 09-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

We're losing it.

Paul Washer on missions and the condition of the heart here in the U.S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqfEymjW7co

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?

Last edited by Rudy; 09-29-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

Re: We're losing it.

So true!

And how can we come out of this Babylon?
Old 09-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

HEY!

A fellow PAUL WASHER listener!
I really enjoy listening to him preach and teach.
My favorite sermon of his is the one where he is speaking at a youth conference of sorts. He sets the tone very early in his sermon to them.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Sister Alvear

I am weeping....

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 09-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

Okay, so I watched this video. The preacher says it was easy to live for God in Peru but it's hard in the US and then he says "We're losing it". So what exactly are we losing and why? I agree that the decadence of America compared to Peru is disgusting, but what exactly are those of us who live here supposed to feel and do about the message in this video? He says to come out of Babylon. What does that mean? Go live in Peru? Give $50.00 to a missionary? I ask this simply because this was a very emotional appeal but I am not sure to what end.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 09-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

There is a way to come out of Babylon. It is the same thing as to simply come out of the world. The same thing.

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 2 Cor. 6:16-18

You come out by COMING IN!

By coming INTO the kingdom of God. Separating our lives to the WILL of God.

As one does this he is coming out of the "world". Out of "Babylon".

Who truly wants to come out?

The next verse says:

2 Cor. 7:1

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Give our lives to PERFECTING HOLINESS in the fear of God.

No one will be saved from the destruction of the world or "secret Babylon" unless they do this. This is the way.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
There is a way to come out of Babylon. It is the same thing as to simply come out of the world. The same thing.

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 2 Cor. 6:16-18

You come out by COMING IN!

By coming INTO the kingdom of God. Separating our lives to the WILL of God.

As one does this he is coming out of the "world". Out of "Babylon".

Who truly wants to come out?

The next verse says:

2 Cor. 7:1

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Give our lives to PERFECTING HOLINESS in the fear of God.

No one will be saved from the destruction of the world or "secret Babylon" unless they do this. This is the way.
But this message seems to be for those who are already IN the Kingdom of God. So, those who are in the Kingdom have nothing to worry about then, apparently? Or does it mean people have to do MORE and MORE and MORE in order to pay for the sin of living in America?

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 09-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
But this message seems to be for those who are already IN the Kingdom of God. So, those who are in the Kingdom have nothing to worry about then, apparently? Or does it mean people have to do MORE and MORE and MORE in order to pay for the sin of living in America?
I mean holiness has been rejected en mass in America. It is considered grievous to be obedient to the commands of Christ. Its not that obedient believers have to do more and more.

Its that the standard for believers has been set SO LOW that any call to come to the true standard of obedience seems unreasonable nowadays.

Believers in Christ in general are not dwelling in the secret place of the most high.

Look at the kingdom of God as the place where Christ is KING. Where he has servants that do his will.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I mean holiness has been rejected en mass in America. It is considered grievous to be obedient to the commands of Christ. Its not that obedient believers have to do more and more.

Its that the standard for believers has been set SO LOW that any call to come to the true standard of obedience seems unreasonable nowadays.

Believers in Christ in general are not dwelling in the secret place of the most high.

Look at the kingdom of God as the place where Christ is KING. Where he has servants that do his will.
So what exactly is the "true standard of obedience" and how does a person know if they've reached it? And, are the people of Peru more holy?

Old 09-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Okay, so I watched this video. The preacher says it was easy to live for God in Peru but it's hard in the US and then he says "We're losing it". So what exactly are we losing and why? I agree that the decadence of America compared to Peru is disgusting, but what exactly are those of us who live here supposed to feel and do about the message in this video? He says to come out of Babylon. What does that mean? Go live in Peru? Give $50.00 to a missionary? I ask this simply because this was a very emotional appeal but I am not sure to what end.
I agree, ILG.

I am sick up to my eyeballs of the emotional "Americans are fat, lazy, greedy slobs who don't give a $#%^ about missions" appeals.

Personally, Peru is probably more Christian than America. It is predominately Catholic and the government is aligned with Catholicism.

America, on the other hand, is godless. I wonder when Peru will send some missionaries over to evangelize?

Also, is Paul Washer Apostolic? If not, why are we celebrating anything he says?