Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-22-2018, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

Re: Vicki Yohe has seen Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Bro David will be more disappointed after watching that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Bro, that Facebook video of Sister Vicki Yohe was sad.
Quote:
Sad, and therefore she needs our prayers that she wakes up.
It's very sad, because I knew her parents. She was raised better.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
All of this sounds pretty creepy.

If people are seeing "something", I'm certain that "something" isn't Jesus.
Agree...it left me feeling sad in my spirit.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Agree...it left me feeling sad in my spirit.
Amen, it is disappointing.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Amen, it is disappointing.
What is it about the Christian community that we leap at a gimmick? I'm serious here...matters not what label we wear, Christians of every stripe seem to relish the absurd, and I don't get it.

If it's not laying uncut hair on a lamp when the bulb burn out it's pulpits splitting in half, and now this...it's just craziness.

The 'every wind of doctrine' spirit is everywhere...so disturbing. VY said on a video that she came upon this book because she was seeking "more." And there's nothing wrong with desiring to know more and grow more, but when more takes us into delusion, all in the name of 'enlightenment', something is seriously wrong.

My brother is the pastor of a church in Illinois, and he says this..."Enlightenment will never take away from Light already given. It will only enhance it."

At least that's the yardstick I go by...

I'm finished now.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
What is it about the Christian community that we leap at a gimmick? I'm serious here...matters not what label we wear, Christians of every stripe seem to relish the absurd, and I don't get it.
I think it's not limited to Christians. I think it is symptomatic of modern western society. And, I think it is entirely biblical:
The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart: And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.
(Deuteronomy 28:28-29 KJV)

The LORD hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.
(Isaiah 19:14 KJV)

He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them: he enlargeth the nations, and straiteneth them again. He taketh away the heart of the chief of the people of the earth, and causeth them to wander in a wilderness where there is no way. They grope in the dark without light, and he maketh them to stagger like a drunken man.
(Job 12:23-25 KJV)

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-22-2018, 07:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
There is a video I posted of two girls who are testifying about the preacher who is spearheading this circus act. One girl quotes a verse and says "this is for all the Bible nuts" The thing about the Scarismatic movement is that for the most part they don't like doctrine. Forget about a preacher quoting Greek and Hebrew over a pulpit. This guys find the weirdest ideas about everything from the Tower of Babel being a rocket ship to God impregnating us with the Word. It goes from mild to wild. Yet, people love the goof ball void of doctrine Churchanity.

Quote:
If it's not laying uncut hair on a lamp when the bulb burn out it's pulpits splitting in half, and now this...it's just craziness.
Brother William Chalfant wanted Word Aflame press to carry his anti-Preterist book. But they didn't want to sell it because Brother Chalfant called Josephus a Roman sycophant. The reason they gave him is that too many of the brethren thought highly of the Josephus material. Elder Chalfant was absolutely right about Josephus, and with the research it was easy see that the adopted Flavian was bogus. Yet, since Josephus was a household name they decided against Elder Chalfant's book. But, Power Before the Throne, by Ruth Rieder was given a pass. Filled with leprechauns, wood sprites, and colorful unicorns which couldn't be found in the pages of the Bible even if you used a flashlight and a laser beam. But, it was welcomed with open arms. Elder Chalfant presents his case why he doesn't favor Josephus, and Ruth Rieder believes that uncut hair on a woman is angelic WFii. Because people want the far out and odd.

Quote:
The 'every wind of doctrine' spirit is everywhere...so disturbing. VY said on a video that she came upon this book because she was seeking "more." And there's nothing wrong with desiring to know more and grow more, but when more takes us into delusion, all in the name of 'enlightenment', something is seriously wrong.
The truth be known, Sister Vickie Yohe wants to be Supergirl, standing akimbo while the lights are on her. She said intimacy meant "into me?" Did she get her etymology from Dr Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham? She sits on Facebook and gathers in the sheaves. Those who really desire more, hopefully won't stop at Sister Vicki's ecclesiastical tourist trap. But move on when they notice that the prophetical two headed tortoise has one head taped on.

Quote:
My brother is the pastor of a church in Illinois, and he says this..."Enlightenment will never take away from Light already given. It will only enhance it."
Excellent in wisdom. No truer words, and words which may break the chains of goof ball Crazymatic Churchanity.

Quote:
At least that's the yardstick I go by...

I'm finished now.
Sister, the Lord bless you, your family, and continue to keep you moving in an unhindered direction in Christ.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
There is a video I posted of two girls who are testifying about the preacher who is spearheading this circus act. One girl quotes a verse and says "this is for all the Bible nuts" The thing about the Scarismatic movement is that for the most part they don't like doctrine. Forget about a preacher quoting Greek and Hebrew over a pulpit. This guys find the weirdest ideas about everything from the Tower of Babel being a rocket ship to God impregnating us with the Word. It goes from mild to wild. Yet, people love the goof ball void of doctrine Churchanity.

Brother William Chalfant wanted Word Aflame press to carry his anti-Preterist book. But they didn't want to sell it because Brother Chalfant called Josephus a Roman sycophant. The reason they gave him is that too many of the brethren thought highly of the Josephus material. Elder Chalfant was absolutely right about Josephus, and with the research it was easy see that the adopted Flavian was bogus. Yet, since Josephus was a household name they decided against Elder Chalfant's book. But, Power Before the Throne, by Ruth Rieder was given a pass. Filled with leprechauns, wood sprites, and colorful unicorns which couldn't be found in the pages of the Bible even if you used a flashlight and a laser beam. But, it was welcomed with open arms. Elder Chalfant presents his case why he doesn't favor Josephus, and Ruth Rieder believes that uncut hair on a woman is angelic WFii. Because people want the far out and odd.

The truth be known, Sister Vickie Yohe wants to be Supergirl, standing akimbo while the lights are on her. She said intimacy meant "into me?" Did she get her etymology from Dr Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham? She sits on Facebook and gathers in the sheaves. Those who really desire more, hopefully won't stop at Sister Vicki's ecclesiastical tourist trap. But move on when they notice that the prophetical two headed tortoise has one head taped on.

Excellent in wisdom. No truer words, and words which may break the chains of goof ball Crazymatic Churchanity.

Sister, the Lord bless you, your family, and continue to keep you moving in an unhindered direction in Christ.
Thank you...may the Lord bless you and your family as well.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Brother, have you read Power Before The Throne?
Old 01-25-2018, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Isn't this a bit of chickens coming home to roost? Now, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of very sane and noble people in Pentecost, but there has been a tolerated fringe for a long time, too, that frequently gets the limelight because there is a pre-conditioning at times, to expect God to do anything and everything under the sun, so one spiritual high needs must lead to the next and the next, and when the well runs dry, go find another one, regardless of where the water's been.

I remember listening to a sermon by JT Pugh years ago, and if memory serves, he was invited to go hear a preacher somewhere so he went and the guy was talking about gold dust and fillings turning into gold and when there was some resistance, he began berating the assembly with "My God can do anything! My God can do anything", at which point Brother Pugh interjected "Except LIE!"

I feel a sort of compassion for those who get caught up in such shenanigans, because Acts is full of the most wonderful, wild stories of the raw power of God, and we just want to see the same occur here in our world, but that desire becomes concupiscence because people go about it the wrong way, to try and see those things. Short-cuts get short results.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-25-2018, 12:52 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
I remember listening to a sermon by JT Pugh years ago, and if memory serves, he was invited to go hear a preacher somewhere so he went and the guy was talking about gold dust and fillings turning into gold and when there was some resistance, he began berating the assembly with "My God can do anything! My God can do anything", at which point Brother Pugh interjected "Except LIE!”
Was the preacher Apostolic?