Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Not Bad For OP Huh?

I have been called OP by a few on here & I assume it means Old Tme Pentecost & I have no qualms about that, after all there are worse things to be called.
Something happened to this OP husband & wife that I wanted to share here with you.

Last January, my wife was traveling on the city bus going to work downtown when a lady got on the bus & sat beside my wife.
She was cussing & swearing at the cops, the social workers, & the Government.
She turned to my wife & said words to the effect, "the Government & society are corrupt, aren't they?"
My wife acknowledged that there is some corruption out there but that God could help her & would it be all right if I prayed for you?"
She said "yes." My wife began praying for her, God started to touch her & she started bawling & crying. The people on the bus were all staring & she introduced herself to this woman, gave her a Church card, & our home phone number.
We didn't here from her for two months until she called & we arranged to meet her at Tim Horton's nearby & get her story.
Turns out she was thirty years old & was a fetal alcohol syndrome baby.
She told us that she remembers living with her dad in a garage until she was 8. She then was sent from foster home to foster home, until she went on her own at 15.
She has 3 kids that are put in different foster homes & she has no contact with them & strangely, she desires no contact with them.
She has been out to Church & has come to the altar & God has just poured out a Spirit of love & surprisingly she was praying to God very simply & very sincerely. I, my wife, the evagelist & his wife were praying with her.
I spoke softly to her that she could trust the Lord--he would never hurt you.
Without missing a beat, she was still praying & said, "Lord, this womans husband is pushy & he is annoying--but he is nice too!"
I just smiled.
She called us about 5-10 times a day & asked her to pray for herself & some of her issues.

Cont'd
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM
My Family!

Re: Not Bad For OP Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I have been called OP by a few on here & I assume it means Old Tme Pentecost & I have no qualms about that, after all there are worse things to be called.
Something happened to this OP husband & wife that I wanted to share here with you.

Last January, my wife was traveling on the city bus going to work downtown when a lady got on the bus & sat beside my wife.
She was cussing & swearing at the cops, the social workers, & the Government.
She turned to my wife & said words to the effect, "the Government & society are corrupt, aren't they?"
My wife acknowledged that there is some corruption out there but that God could help her & would it be all right if I prayed for you?"
She said "yes." My wife began praying for her, God started to touch her & she started bawling & crying. The people on the bus were all staring & she introduced herself to this woman, gave her a Church card, & our home phone number.
We didn't here from her for two months until she called & we arranged to meet her at Tim Horton's nearby & get her story.
Turns out she was thirty years old & was a fetal alcohol syndrome baby.
She told us that she remembers living with her dad in a garage until she was 8. She then was sent from foster home to foster home, until she went on her own at 15.
She has 3 kids that are put in different foster homes & she has no contact with them & strangely, she desires no contact with them.
She has been out to Church & has come to the altar & God has just poured out a Spirit of love & surprisingly she was praying to God very simply & very sincerely. I, my wife, the evagelist & his wife were praying with her.
I spoke softly to her that she could trust the Lord--he would never hurt you.
Without missing a beat, she was still praying & said, "Lord, this womans husband is pushy & he is annoying--but he is nice too!"I just smiled.
She called us about 5-10 times a day & asked her to pray for herself & some of her issues.

Cont'd
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

Cont'd,

We had many meals with her & am sure that she considers ketchup part of the four food groups as she would put half a bottle on her food.
She was staying in a bug infested, rat hole downtown & she needed to move out.
I started looking at vacancies & realized that she didn't have enough from her welfare rates to afford anything, I got down on my knees & wept & talked to the Lord saying "I can't help her--I feel inadequate"
Well, God opened a door at a women's shelter that was newly renovated & "clean!"
God is good!
She called my wife "mom" & me "dad" which i didn't mind.
I & my pastor went to the probation office to try and advocate on her behalf & she was cussing & swearing up a storm. She reminded us of a 6 year old with a temper & foul mouth. Such is the deal with those with Fetal Alcohol syndrome.
My Pastor got in touch with a private clinic in BC that treats this sydrome.
He talked to the President & they knew her & were surprised that we were attempting to work with her. In fact she said, "are you burnt out yet?"
"Nobody wants to deal with people like this.
Insert broken heart here.
In early fall she started going down hil with somebody on the street getting her hooked on Crack. I am sure she was hookiung to get the fix.
She came to a Bible study & was very disruptive, calling us liars & Pastor tried talking to her to please settle down as that was innapproprate behaviour" she swore at him & at his wife & at my wife.
She has never came back & people that have seen her on the street say she is in a bad way.
We still pray for her & miss her & want to help her.

I am just mystified when people say that OP's are hard uncaring, no compassion.
If they only knew.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Cont'd,

We had many meals with her & am sure that she considers ketchup part of the four food groups as she would put half a bottle on her food.
She was staying in a bug infested, rat hole downtown & she needed to move out.
I started looking at vacancies & realized that she didn't have enough from her welfare rates to afford anything, I got down on my knees & wept & talked to the Lord saying "I can't help her--I feel inadequate"
Well, God opened a door at a women's shelter that was newly renovated & "clean!"
God is good!
She called my wife "mom" & me "dad" which i didn't mind.
I & my pastor went to the probation office to try and advocate on her behalf & she was cussing & swearing up a storm. She reminded us of a 6 year old with a temper & foul mouth. Such is the deal with those with Fetal Alcohol syndrome.
My Pastor got in touch with a private clinic in BC that treats this sydrome.
He talked to the President & they knew her & were surprised that we were attempting to work with her. In fact she said, "are you burnt out yet?"
"Nobody wants to deal with people like this.
Insert broken heart here.
In early fall she started going down hil with somebody on the street getting her hooked on Crack. I am sure she was hookiung to get the fix.
She came to a Bible study & was very disruptive, calling us liars & Pastor tried talking to her to please settle down as that was innapproprate behaviour" she swore at him & at his wife & at my wife.
She has never came back & people that have seen her on the street say she is in a bad way.
We still pray for her & miss her & want to help her.

I am just mystified when people say that OP's are hard uncaring, no compassion.
If they only knew.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 PM
My Family!

I know that has to be hard.

Ron, there are a lot of caring and compassionate people in the world and we do know that OP's are some of them too.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Ron, have you ever seen the show Intervention? It's on either A&E or History or Natgeo (one of those anyways). She sounds a lot like many of the people they feature on there minus a few close family members who actually arrange the interventions at the end of the show.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
I know that has to be hard.

Ron, there are a lot of caring and compassionate people in the world and we do know that OP's are some of them too.
Yes, it is & there are those with a more liberal bent that are caring as well!
It just realy said something to me when I heard the director of the Fetal Alcohol centre say, "nobody wants these people!"
That really hurts to the core as I know in God's eyes, while he hates sin, he so desperately loves humanity!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Ron, have you ever seen the show Intervention? It's on either A&E or History or Natgeo (one of those anyways). She sounds a lot like many of the people they feature on there minus a few close family members who actually arrange the interventions at the end of the show.
I have heard of it, but not seen it unless they have it on at some place where they have it on.
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome babies are a whole thing unto themselves, & it makes it even worse when they grow up on the street!

Pray for her, her name is cathy (similar name) that God would bring her out of the darkness!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I have heard of it, but not seen it unless they have it on at some place where they have it on.
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome babies are a whole thing unto themselves, & it makes it even worse when they grow up on the street!

Pray for her, her name is cathy (similar name) that God would bring her out of the darkness!
I will. I surely hope SHE never heard anyone say that "no one wants these people". There is definitely a cycle that needs to be broke, a healing that needs to occur, and an infilling of the spirit that needs to take place -don't know what order, but all three need to happen (sorta stating the obvious).
Old 01-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I will. I surely hope SHE never heard anyone say that "no one wants these people". There is definitely a cycle that needs to be broke, a healing that needs to occur, and an infilling of the spirit that needs to take place -don't know what order, but all three need to happen (sorta stating the obvious).
Thanks, amen!
I am sure being on the street she has heard that & much worse!
With God--all things are possible!