Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-21-2018, 01:54 PM
Banned

Re: Irvin Baxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
So everybody who was ever raised from the dead is still alive somewhere?
Lazarus, where art thou?
There is a difference between a resurrection and a miracle. Why stop with one example of miracles Esaias? There are many miracles of the dead coming to life. But each of these miracles are of those lived their same lives after a very short period of death.

I Kings 17:23 (KJV) And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived. 23 And Elijah took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house, and delivered him unto his mother: and Elijah said, See, thy son liveth.

II Kings 4:35 (KJV) Then he returned, and walked in the house to and fro; and went up, and stretched himself upon him: and the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes. 36 And he called Gehazi, and said, Call this Shunammite. So he called her. And when she was come in unto him, he said, Take up thy son.

II Kings 13:21 (KJV) And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.

Mark 5: 41 (KJV) And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise. 42 And straightway the damsel arose, and walked; for she was of the age of twelve years. And they were astonished with a great astonishment.

Luke 7:14 (KJV) And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. 15 And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother.

John 11:1-43 (KJV) And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. 44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Acts 9:40 (KJV) But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up. 41 And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.

Acts 14:19 (KJV) And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and, having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead. 20 Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city: and the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe.

Acts 20: 10 (KJV) And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him. 11 When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed. 12 And they brought the young man alive, and were not a little comforted.

Except for Paul and Lazarus the majority of these raised from death were young people or children. But they were dead for a short time and they lived out the rest of their remaining lives. This event had many saints coming out of the graves after Christ’s resurrection which matches 1 Peter 3:19 and Ephesians 4:9. I put a difference in the miracle of those who are dead for a short time and those who resurrected to a new life having a glorified body.

1 Peter 3:19 (KJV) By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison.

Ephesians 4:8 (KJV)Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

The scriptures may have translation nuisances but they defiantly do not conflict with each other. For one to take miracles of coming back to life and declaring that humanity now has two lives is error. If these people just visited their relatives to warn or extol the Kingdom of God; then walked back to their graves, that would be a conflict of scriptures found in Luke. If they lived for years afterwards then there would be a tremendous amount documentation of their testimonies.

Luke 16:28 (KJV) For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

I know that you meant that as I got you moment, but we are not comparing the same events. There are no errors in scriptures only our understanding of them. I stand by what I said; that after we die, then judgment.

Hebrews 9:27 (KJV) And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

Selah

Last edited by CalledOut238; 09-21-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
The purpose was to fulfill the type/shadow of firstfruits. Remember a handful or sheaf was taken before the actual harvest not just one stalk. Therefore the OT saints who were part of that were not all who were worthy. It was just a sampling. Most of them will be part of the actual harvest, or resurrection. I remember Bro. Blume discussing this and he made the point that they would have had to ascend or be translated for it to be a complete firstfruits.
The scriptures do not teach there are any other firstfruits of the resurrection other than Jesus himself and the 144 thousand in rev. other firstfruits consist of those who first received the new covenant. if I understand correctly
Old 09-21-2018, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

I am also a little surprised he is teaching at GC but the issue some have with him as I understand it is that he teaches prophecy and is often wrong, some teach that if you give a prophecy and it falls flat that makes you a liar.
Acts 2:38
Old 09-21-2018, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaddaeus417 View Post
I am also a little surprised he is teaching at GC but the issue some have with him as I understand it is that he teaches prophecy and is often wrong, some teach that if you give a prophecy and it falls flat that makes you a liar.
He is probably reaching more people with his radio broadcast for the Oneness message than anyone today. They realize the value of that.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:59 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
He is probably reaching more people with his radio broadcast for the Oneness message than anyone today. They realize the value of that.
Yeah, sure.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:03 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledOut238 View Post

If you going to act like I am stupid by using Uh, then why should I show you respect?.
Why are you doing this? Where did Mike disrespect you? He is asking you a question concerning clarification.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:04 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Any notice what Texe Marrs have written on his name tag?
Old 09-22-2018, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

Any notice what Texe Marrs have written on his name tag?
What?
Old 09-22-2018, 02:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael the disciple View Post
what?
מה זה אומר?
Old 09-22-2018, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote: