Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

too much great cajun food is sending me to weight watchers....plus greek plus Italian also Thai and Mexican sigh.....
Curry though is my favorite.I love Indian food and also South Asian.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:59 PM
A rose in the desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
I had a Pastor in Texas that was against a hispanic/"white" marriage. He claimed that at the tower of babel, God divided the races and that He/God does not approve of interracial marriage. I believe that Pentecost reversed babel, when christians are united in spirit by "speaking in tongues." I also showed him I Cor 7:39:

"The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord."

This issue has been a constant source of consternation in my own life. I can see both sides of the argument. What do "y'all" think? :sshhh
This kind of mentality frost's my wheaties! I'm Hispanic and I consider myself white....look at my avatar......it irritates me when folks find out I'm spanish and say "Wow I thought you were White". IGNORANT!! My mother in law was all in a tither when she found out my husband was going to marry a hispanic....mind you she had never met me. Anyway, I still remember the first time she saw me get out of the car her first words were "My Lands look at that auburn hair" (said in a texas drawl) .

We have raised our son that whomever he marries the race does not matter to us; what matters is that they love the Lord and our Son.

Apostolics and other religions as well need to stop looking at the color of peoples skin and then maybe they would have even more success in winning the lost.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

There is one race.. the human race! There will not be one single prejudice racist person in heaven!
Old 08-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
I had a Pastor in Texas that was against a hispanic/"white" marriage. He claimed that at the tower of babel, God divided the races and that He/God does not approve of interracial marriage. I believe that Pentecost reversed babel, when christians are united in spirit by "speaking in tongues." I also showed him I Cor 7:39:

"The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord."

This issue has been a constant source of consternation in my own life. I can see both sides of the argument. What do "y'all" think? :sshhh

If what he is saying is true then Moses was living in sin. His wife was an Ethiopian. When is the last time you saw a white Ethiopian. I hate prejudice in the Church.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:

Well argument aside...hispanics are European by descent .

Nothing about babel gives us the authority to tell others who they can or can't marry. And in fact the bible contains inter "race" marriages and are never condemned.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
:diggin
Get a good policy.You are going to be needing to call NLYP.
Where do you think the french that live in Canada and Louisiana originated?
Some of us have family that never lived in Canada.
Yes but still...in theory it's a good idea...preventing the French from reproducing. That way the Arabs can take over and move Mecca to Paris

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
God a good Lamb Masala recipe?

Chicken Tekka (sp)?
Excuse me?

Old 08-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
If God does not approve of mixed marriages, than He would certainly not approve of their offspring, that pastor should have reminded Him before He filled me with the Holy Ghost, since my dad is Scottish descent and my mom is Japanese.

ARPH
And here I thought you were a scotts terrier

Old 08-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
This kind of mentality frost's my wheaties! I'm Hispanic and I consider myself white....look at my avatar......it irritates me when folks find out I'm spanish and say "Wow I thought you were White". IGNORANT!! My mother in law was all in a tither when she found out my husband was going to marry a hispanic....mind you she had never met me. Anyway, I still remember the first time she saw me get out of the car her first words were "My Lands look at that auburn hair" (said in a texas drawl) .

We have raised our son that whomever he marries the race does not matter to us; what matters is that they love the Lord and our Son.

Apostolics and other religions as well need to stop looking at the color of peoples skin and then maybe they would have even more success in winning the lost.
lol, I remember I met a girl from Bangladesh back east and thought she was hispanic.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Sounds like the pastor gots issues.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.