Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Doctrines held "In Common"

Hebrews 6:1-2 enumerates six elementary principles (i.e., components/parts) of the "doctrine of Christ":

Repentance from dead works
Faith toward God
Baptisms
The laying on of hands
The resurrection of the dead
Eternal Judgment

Every thing ever taught by our Lord, as well as the holy prophets and the chosen apostles, were centered upon these fundamental principles. With this in mind, while also acknowledging the warning written in Revelation 18:4 - "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues," then my question is this:

What doctrinal teaching(s), if any, does the Contemporary Oneness Apostolic Pentecostal crusade hold "in common" with the "other woman" (that is, the Great Harlot and her many Daughters)?

Ah, the benefits to be gained by re-examining what we accepted as truth at first glance!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Re: Doctrines held "In Common"

Pre trib rapture and immortal soul.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Pre trib rapture and immortal soul.
Tks, MTD, but which of the six doctrines noted are such things an integral part thereof?
Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafon View Post
Tks, MTD, but which of the six doctrines noted are such things an integral part thereof?
The resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Don't ask.

What?
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 02-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Don't ask.

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Hebrews 6:1-2 enumerates six elementary principles (i.e., components/parts) of the "doctrine of Christ":

Repentance from dead works
Faith toward God
Baptisms
The laying on of hands
The resurrection of the dead
Eternal Judgment

Every thing ever taught by our Lord, as well as the holy prophets and the chosen apostles, were centered upon these fundamental principles. With this in mind, while also acknowledging the warning written in Revelation 18:4 - "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues," then my question is this:

What doctrinal teaching(s), if any, does the Contemporary Oneness Apostolic Pentecostal crusade hold "in common" with the "other woman" (that is, the Great Harlot and her many Daughters)?

Ah, the benefits to be gained by re-examining what we accepted as truth at first glance!
My friend, it is nearing midnight and I must retire. However, I came across this most interesting post. You present a very interesting thought here that it seems no one has taken upon to respond in depth. I'd like to revisit this at a later time. Until then peace in our Lord!
Old 04-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:

The rejection of the Sabbath, most oneness still worship on the same day as the Great Harlot.

There are a few of us Apostolics who totally reject the day of the sun as a proper day for worship, and instead worship on the day that God himself established.

Some of us Oneness Apostolics still keep all the Ten Commandments,
which were the only commanments
Pronounced by God Himself
Written by the Finger of God, twice
Put inside the ark of the coventant.
and reafirmed by Jesus himself when he spoke with the rich young ruler.

The rejection of the Ten Commandments by the majority of the Oneness Apostolics is what keeps them still united with the Great Harlot.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:38 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
The rejection of the Sabbath, most oneness still worship on the same day as the Great Harlot.

There are a few of us Apostolics who totally reject the day of the sun as a proper day for worship, and instead worship on the day that God himself established.

Some of us Oneness Apostolics still keep all the Ten Commandments,
which were the only commanments
Pronounced by God Himself
Written by the Finger of God, twice
Put inside the ark of the coventant.
and reafirmed by Jesus himself when he spoke with the rich young ruler.

The rejection of the Ten Commandments by the majority of the Oneness Apostolics is what keeps them still united with the Great Harlot.
I am concerned by what you write. It seems to me that the slide into legalism is always a risk with this kind of thinking. It’s a very slippery slope.

Romans 14:1-5 (KJV)
1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Paul calls those who remain constrained by the Law as “weak in the faith.” The issue of Sabbath Keeping is a longer discussion for another post.

Galatians 4:9-10 (KJV)
9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

He calls the Law, “weak and beggarly,” “bondage,” and verse 10 refers specifically to Sabbath keeping.

Galatians 3:10
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

He calls any return to the law as a requirement, to be “entangled again with the yoke of bondage. This is no small issue for Paul, he devotes much ink to warnings around this matter, not merely here in Galatians but in several of his other letters. It is of such import that he warns sternly in Galatians Chapter 5 that this kind of attitude is fatal to faith and threatens our very salvation.

Galatians 5:1, 4 (NASB)
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery… You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

I’m confused as to how you handle verses such as those above. Can you help me to understand how your views are different from those of the Judaizers Paul fought so strongly against? I appreciate it.