Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 04-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
LOL! Well, I bet she looks older now then when she was UPC - I'll give you that much!
Very honestly these folks were never very holiness minded I have known them my whole life. Buck's book is a work of fiction or his mind is slipping.Now they were not like they are now but they were never strong holiness folks. I know the whole Rambo clan and the Luttrel clan.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
MOW

I might have missed it, but there appears to be ZERO about Acts 2:38 on their website??

Wonder why?
They mention baptism in water. Also baptism in the Spirit. Whats very telling to me is in their statement of faith TITHING comes BEFORE Holy Spirit baptism.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:34 AM
Psalms 132:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
They mention baptism in water. Also baptism in the Spirit. Whats very telling to me is in their statement of faith TITHING comes BEFORE Holy Spirit baptism.
Yes they did MENTION water baptism...

Were able to get Matt. 28:19 in, but somehow forgot/overlooked/refused Acts 2:38

a. Baptism in Water:
The ordinance of baptism by immersion is commanded in the Scriptures. All who repent and receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord are to be baptized. Thus they declare to the world that they have died with Christ and that they also have been raised with Christ to walk in newness of life (Matt. 28:19; Mk. 16:16; Acts 10:47-48; Rom. 6:4).

http://www.theriveratmusiccity.com/tenets_faith.htm

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 04-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Price View Post
I don't care what anyone says. The slope is real slippery, and the slide is a fast one. They prove it. But, according to some, leaving holiness has no detremental effect on a person.

Yeah...right.
Who has said that leaving holiness has no effect? Without holiness no man will see the Lord. Doom, destruction await any and all who will not walk in it.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
Yes they did MENTION water baptism...

Were able to get Matt. 28:19 in, but somehow forgot/overlooked/refused Acts 2:38

a. Baptism in Water:
The ordinance of baptism by immersion is commanded in the Scriptures. All who repent and receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord are to be baptized. Thus they declare to the world that they have died with Christ and that they also have been raised with Christ to walk in newness of life (Matt. 28:19; Mk. 16:16; Acts 10:47-48; Rom. 6:4).

http://www.theriveratmusiccity.com/tenets_faith.htm
I would say if the money was right they would baptize in the name of Tom Dooley.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Prayerful lives are powerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I would say if the money was right they would baptize in the name of Tom Dooley.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
You are probably right.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

No mention of baptism into Jesus name? Thats because they believe he is the ETERNAL SON. Right in their faith statement. They are not a Oneness group.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Strange in a Strange Land...

You know what I am not totally in agreement with what is going on with this. You know what we do not know the real motives of these people we only can judge them by their actions and unfortunately the oneness penetecostals are very judgemental. We are not above making mistakes. Only God knows
Old 04-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Administrator

I didn't realize they had children. For some reason I thought they didn't. But it seems they are also grandparents.