Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:42 AM
Registered Member

I'm thinking of quitting

For the past 4 years our family has endured severe financial hardship. Bottom line, God simply has not opened doors for us in the area we live. Two years ago I had no choice but to find a second part time job just to survive, i mean bare bones existence. As a result we were only making it to church one service a week. This destroyed my pastor's image of me. No practical solutions were ever offered. I did not seek money from the church. We suffered in silence yet still showing a loving attitude.

I'm to the point that I either return to my other part time job or eliminate un-needed expense even more. I no longer can afford to support my church (we left the other one) where we've attended for a year and pay ministerial dues. If you're late they void your license and you have to go before the board. My former pastor is also my Dist Superintendent. To his credit he did cover my dues fees a couple of times last year and for that I am grateful. But the "attitude" was still there.

Therefore, I'm ready to resign from the organization. I simply see no point in continuing as a licensed minister. We will probably also sell our home and leave the area all together. I'm over it. My focus for the time being needs to be supporting my family.

I really need prayer. My life has never seemed so dark. Thank you.

Last edited by Originalist; 09-16-2014 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:37 AM
Registered Member

Re: I'm thinking of quitting

Prayer will be going up this am friend. Im sorry you have to deal with this. Thank God you know what I know. This is all about Jesus. We are doing whatever we do for and unto him.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:38 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

Originalist, please understand that the call of God is not based on a piece of paper or ministerial dues. No organization can take away your call. I am sorry you are going through financially. Might I share an encouragement with you.

I was at rock bottom, and worked so hard, but could not get ahead. I quit tithing, quit giving in total, and decided to stop everything. But God led me through the valley of the shadow. He will you as well. Now, I am financially stable, am being used in talents and gifts in my life, and have been restored to the ministry in a church that loves me and that I love. I may not have all I want, and for that I am thankful, but He has never failed to give me all I need.

Your life may seem dark, but it is only in darkness that we can see, not only the light, but also more clearly the source of light. He is with you, and will keep you. Hold on. Press on. And this ministerial due issue, brother, if God has called you, and you have been obedient, then might I suggest something radical, and go into street ministry to preach the Gospel. Brother, you have my prayers. be encouraged and strengthened.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
For the past 4 years our family has endured severe financial hardship. Bottom line, God simply has not opened doors for us in the area we live. Two years ago I had no choice but to find a second part time job just to survive, i mean bare bones existence. As a result we were only making it to church one service a week. This destroyed my pastor's image of me. No practical solutions were ever offered. I did not seek money from the church. We suffered in silence yet still showing a loving attitude.

I'm to the point that I either return to my other part time job or eliminate un-needed expense even more. I no longer can afford to support my church (we left the other one) where we've attended for a year and pay ministerial dues. If you're late they void your license and you have to go before the board. My former pastor is also my Dist Superintendent. To his credit he did cover my dues fees a couple of times last year and for that I am grateful. But the "attitude" was still there.

Therefore, I'm ready to resign from the organization. I simply see no point in continuing as a licensed minister. We will probably also sell our home and leave the area all together. I'm over it. My focus for the time being needs to be supporting my family.

Brother, the Lord Jesus is trying to show you something. Walk by faith and be completely open to what the Holy Ghost is telling you.....He that falls on the rock shall be BROKEN. I can say this by experience.

Last edited by Sean; 09-16-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:47 AM
Registered Member

My prayers are with you and your family. Know that this is only temporary and may be a heavenly set-up for greater blessings for your family and a greater realization of the calling on your life. Sometimes our calling can be hindered by those around us. God may be moving you into an area of great growth and those in your past would not have been supportive or understanding. Blessings.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:54 AM
Registered Member

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement.

On another note, I notice that my prayer request here has been reposted word for word by a banned poster named Cornelius. Any thoughts?

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=46822
Old 09-16-2014, 07:01 AM
Registered Member

^ I noticed that too... strange.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

It's a bot. Whenever you post a prayer request, the bot reposts it.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post

giving up the things that seem important for us is painful; i trust that God is sending you in a different direction. you're in my prayers, O. For what it's worth, reading this post gives me cause to reply 'hallelujiah,' but i guess that's a little premature...
Old 09-16-2014, 10:42 AM
On the road less traveled

Will continue in prayer for you and your family Originalist. Transitions like this are always deeply painful, yet most often result in changes that ultimately are in your best interest. Will pray the Lord continues to lead and guide you through it all.