Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

Another Innocent Dead 17 yr Old

So this guy shoots an unarmed black male because his music was too loud.

I guess it's justifiable by some (don't know how but whatever). I hope the state of Florida makes this guy to rot in jail for the rest of his life.

http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-death...004720741.html
Old 11-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: Another Innocent Dead 17 yr Old

Hmmm, the Police found no shotgun in the vehicle.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Hmmm, the Police found no shotgun in the vehicle.
Because this murderer is lying.
After he shot the unarmed teenager, he fled the scene and was found several hours south and east of Jacksonville in Brevard County.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

I have gotten gas at that station a few times. It looks like the young man lost his life for no other reason than his taste in music. I think had the kid been blasting Lynyrd Skynyrd or Charlie Daniels the shooter would have asked him to turn it up. I feel bad for the families of the victim and the shooter.

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Horrible.

Unfortunately this type of senseless killing is a daily occurrence across our country.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 11-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
So this guy shoots an unarmed black male because his music was too loud.

I guess it's justifiable by some (don't know how but whatever). I hope the state of Florida makes this guy to rot in jail for the rest of his life.

http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-death...004720741.html
You said "another" innocent 17 year old. Who was the other one?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Horrible.

Unfortunately this type of senseless killing is a daily occurrence across our country.
Yes. For example, look at all the needless violence being fostered by these flash mobs of "youth" attacking innocent bystanders. Somehow though, that doesn't seem to be worth covering by the news media.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Yes. For example, look at all the needless violence being fostered by these flash mobs of "youth" attacking innocent bystanders. Somehow though, that doesn't seem to be worth covering by the news media.
Well, I certainly do not mean to diminish the awfulness of the crime Jermyn posted. When I went to the story, I saw another similar murder story that just happened a couple days ago. See the story on the Vallejo man arrested in shooting death… at the bottom of the original story http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-death...004720741.html

It occurs to me this is pretty much a daily occurrence. Killing for little or no reason - absolute insanity!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves

Last edited by Hoovie; 11-29-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
You said "another" innocent 17 year old. Who was the other one?
Trayvon Martin.
Died not too far from my town.
I don't want to get into discussing his case again.

Florida's "Stand Your Ground Law" was never intended to be abused like it is today.

I'm all for the rights of gun owners to own any weapon they want (not including military grade weapons), but this law just needs to be re-worded so that there is no mistake in what the law will and will not protect.

Either re-word the law or repeal it completely. Too many innocent people are being murdered under the guise of, "Stand Your Ground."
Old 11-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Trayvon Martin.
I respect your right to post what you wish and to express your opinion. But if you don't want to get in the discussion again, perhaps you should tweek your titles so as not to proclaim guilt when you don't know all the facts. It seems you are insinuating that young black men are being hunted down by white people ( or Hispanics, wait...err...I mean....Hispanic whites). We should all grieve over these sensless kilings. But racial spin by the media can easily lead people to belive that trends are happening that in reality don't exist.