Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 04-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

AZ to Require BHO Show Birth Cert for 2012

Quote:
The Arizona House on Monday voted for a provision that would require President Barack Obama to show his birth certificate if he hopes to be on the state's ballot when he runs for reelection.

It [the provision] would require U.S. presidential candidates who want to appear on the ballot in Arizona to submit documents proving they meet the constitutional requirements to be president.
Dumb. Wish my state would focus on something a little more relevant to the state ... say working on the state budget

Source
Old 04-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Banned

Re: AZ to Require BHO Show Birth Cert for 2012

Good grief. He is a natural born citizen under his MOTHER's birth certificate. So sez the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Dumb. Wish my state would focus on something a little more relevant to the state ... say working on the state budget

Source
Old 04-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

AZ has a voter drive to increase taxes by 1% for 36 months because our state budget is so messed up. Meanwhile, these clowns in the House are worried more about this dumb stuff than they are about curbing their spending, making necessary cuts and getting the budget under control.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:26 AM
*sigh*

Quote:
AZ has a voter drive to increase taxes by 1% for 36 months because our state budget is so messed up. Meanwhile, these clowns in the House are worried more about this dumb stuff than they are about curbing their spending, making necessary cuts and getting the budget under control.
Our budget in CT is so messed up that they doubled all the access fees for all the state parks, everything...parking, campsite, fishing licenses... doubled it all. Won'tbe caming this year. At least not in CT. The whole move backfired. Campground reservations are down 43%

My Countdown Counting down to: End of the World
It's all over, fat lady done sang...
Old 04-21-2010, 09:29 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

I dont think it is dumb... per sey... not because of BHO becuase he is certainly an American Citizen. He was born in an American territory to an American mother.

however I do find it mind boggling that all 50 states dont have this kind of law on the books. It should be a basic requirement as it is required by the constitution.

Obama will have no trouble meeting the requirement. I am however glad to see states start to look at this with a real critical eye.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:

Source
Amen to that!!!! U live in AZ too?
Old 04-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Source
Isn't this where McCain is from? And didn't he have to go before the congress to be assure he as a true American citizen?
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Registered Member

Anderson Cooper had Arizona Republican State Representative Cecil Ash on for an interview about this law. I think this aired on 4/21.

[youtube]
Old 04-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Administrator

I watched this and have to wonder why the media guy was so focused on making this an issue. Kept interrupting the state representative while he was answering his question.

I don't see where the big deal is in requiring evidence of the required qualifications.

If you apply to be a doctor at a hospital they aren't going to just take your word for it. You have to provide evidence of your qualifications.

It is just as important and more so that the highest level of achievement for this nation to also enforce evidence of requirements.

Of course, the liberal media tries to make everything appear racist, when in fact it never has been about race.

The old saying goes where there is smoke there is fire. You have to wonder why the extreme liberal media is making such a big deal about this. You think maybe BO doesn't have the necessary proof to run for president in AZ?

If so, then why the big deal?

And as the State Representative said this is for future elections, to eliminate this confusion in the future.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
I watched this and have to wonder why the media guy was so focused on making this an issue. Kept interrupting the state representative while he was answering his question.

I don't see where the big deal is in requiring evidence of the required qualifications.

If you apply to be a doctor at a hospital they aren't going to just take your word for it. You have to provide evidence of your qualifications.

It is just as important and more so that the highest level of achievement for this nation to also enforce evidence of requirements.

Of course, the liberal media tries to make everything appear racist, when in fact it never has been about race.

The old saying goes where there is smoke there is fire. You have to wonder why the extreme liberal media is making such a big deal about this. You think maybe BO doesn't have the necessary proof to run for president in AZ?

If so, then why the big deal?

And as the State Representative said this is for future elections, to eliminate this confusion in the future.
I think it is more of an question of why they are spending time putting a redundant law on the books, when obviously, there are more important things for them to be looking at. A presidential candidate already has to prove he is a natural US citizen before he can even run. There is no need for another law saying that.
I like how he keeps repeating, "I haven't investigated it". Maybe he should do that before voting on laws that are essentially already in effect.

To believe your bolded statement, one has to have such a huge disconnect from reality, it is scary.

What's that other old saying, there is a sucker born every minute?