Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-17-2017, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

Holy Spirit Moved In Dad's Church Last Sunday

So anyone following me over the last few months knows that things have been a little rough for me. I am grateful though, so very grateful, for where I am this evening.

I am not perfect, but I know how I used to be, where I used to be and by the POWER of the Holy Ghost and the prayers of others who are stronger than me, I am moving up higher in my walk with the Lord.

I had the chance to take a last-minute visit to my family in MD over the weekend. It was a very short but very impactful visit.

One of my cousins was preaching and it was a packed house Sunday morning there at my Dad's church. It was nice to see the house full. My Dad was sitting in the back to observe my cousin and the service.

My cousin started preaching and he just dug right into the Word. He read from Psalms 63, ESV. He read the entire 63rd division of Psalms, gave the title of his message, prayed and then he began to go read back over each verse.

However, something happened when he got to verse 7.

A whole bunch of saints, young and old received something from the Holy Spirit in the moments my cousin read verse 7.

He read it. He stopped. He started over and read it again and stopped.

Then he said something I won't soon forget. He didn't yell it or whisper it. He just said it, kind of reflectively.

"He didn't just start helping me."

He paused.

Then the Holy Spirit SWEPT my Dad's church-- pulpit to back door! Young people running and leaping! Old people, voices raised in praise and joyous weeping. My Dad, speaking in tongues behind me.

I was on my feet, praising yes, but observing, and awestruck at the POWER of God demonstrated in that one moment!

Sermon was paused for about 10 - 15 minutes as just wave after wave after wave of the Holy Spirit just swept over my Dad's church!

Honestly, it has been YEARS since I can remember being in a service like that from where the preacher was speaking and God moved on the hearts of the congregation from a word given in the middle of a sermon.

My Dad gave me a ride to Union Station after church. I brought up what had happened in the service and we were just praising God for the Work He had done at that point of the service.

There are only two preachers that I can think of where I was in services and the Holy Spirit moved similar to that in SPONTANEITY and depth.

Both of those preachers are dead now but my Dad knew one of them.

I said his name, Bishop Bonner. My Dad smiled.

He said, "You should come home more often and hear my sermons too!"

We both laughed and you know what, everything was alright the rest of the ride to Union Station.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 05-17-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Holy Spirit Moved In Dad's Church Last Sunday

Listen to your dad.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-17-2017, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Listen to your dad.

Thank you.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 05-17-2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:27 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
So anyone following me over the last few months knows that things have been a little rough for me. I am grateful though, so very grateful, for where I am this evening.

I am not perfect, but I know how I used to be, where I used to be and by the POWER of the Holy Ghost and the prayers of others who are stronger than me, I am moving up higher in my walk with the Lord.

I had the chance to take a last-minute visit to my family in MD over the weekend. It was a very short but very impactful visit.

One of my cousins was preaching and it was a packed house Sunday morning there at my Dad's church. It was nice to see the house full. My Dad was sitting in the back to observe my cousin and the service.

My cousin started preaching and he just dug right into the Word. He read from Psalms 63, ESV. He read the entire 63rd division of Psalms, gave the title of his message, prayed and then he began to go read back over each verse.

A whole bunch of saints, young and old received something from the Holy Spirit in the moments my cousin read verse 7.

Then he said something I won't soon forget. He didn't yell it or whisper it. He just said it, kind of reflectively.

He paused.

Then the Holy Spirit SWEPT my Dad's church-- pulpit to back door! Young people running and leaping! Old people, voices raised and weeping. My Dad, speaking in tongues behind me.

I was on my feet, praising yes, but observing, and awestruck at the POWER of God demonstrated in that one sentence!

Sermon was paused for about 10 - 15 minutes as just wave after wave after wave of the Holy Spirit just swept over my Dad's church!

Honestly, it has been YEARS since I can remember being in a service like that from where the preacher was speaking and God moved on the hearts of the congregation from a word given in the middle of a sermon.

My Dad gave me a ride to Union Station after church. I brought up what had happened in the service and we were just praising God for the Work He had done at that point of the service.

There are only two preachers that I can think of where I was in services and the Holy Spirit moved similar to that in SPONTANEITY and depth.

We both laughed and you know what, everything was alright the rest of the ride to Union Station.
awesome Jermyn
Old 05-17-2017, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

He paused.

Then the Holy Spirit SWEPT my Dad's church-- pulpit to back door! Young people running and leaping! Old people, voices raised in praise and joyous weeping. My Dad, speaking in tongues behind me.

I was on my feet, praising yes, but observing, and awestruck at the POWER of God demonstrated in that one moment!

That's an awesome testimony, JD!

I agree with your father and Esaias.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

He paused.

Praise Jesus!
Old 05-21-2017, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

Had this song shared on my FB wall a couple months ago and was reminded of it recently.

"Let Revival Come (Revive Me)"

https://youtu.be/Si0WIgOcsuE
Old 05-22-2017, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Had this song shared on my FB wall a couple months ago and was reminded of it recently.

"Let Revival Come (Revive Me)"

https://youtu.be/Si0WIgOcsuE
Awesome song!
"You have called me from my sorrow to gladness and I have You!"

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 05-22-2017 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Dude that's an amazing testimony a awesome service!!!
Old 05-22-2017, 10:11 PM
Stranger in a Strange Land

Quote:

He paused.

That is a Wonderful report, brother! I am blessed by it. I remember a Bishop Robert Young coming to the Wiesbaden Lighthouse years ago for a meeting. As he was preaching (and it wasn't a cadenced sermon, if you know what I mean), he paused, and waves of the Spirit of God moved over the church, people shouting, dancing (orderly), receiving the Spirit. It was unbelievable. God is Good!