Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
I think it could also be like someone else pointed out, maybe all we see is the candy coated version on tv. He very well could be more straight forward about issues in his services but maybe we don't see that on tv.
Could be. But even if that's the case, it doesn't make me curious enough to want to check it out.
crakjak

Quote:
In this day, some people don't think anything is a sin.
The fact that there is sin and wickedness in our world is not a revelation to anyone, anyone can rant and rave about all the evil. But we cannot back into righteousness, as in backing away from sin, we can only enter into God's righteousness thru the blood of Christ. We need the antidote preached not the disease. Faith comes by hearing, if we hear sin being glorified, as in how big and bad it is, folks have a sense that they cannot overcome. Well, there is a greater one, than sin and the devil in the house.

JMHO, this is more a response to this whole thread not just yours individually.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Prayerful lives are powerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
Could be. But even if that's the case, it doesn't make me curious enough to want to check it out.
Me either...

I think we feel alike on this subject. LOL
Old 10-18-2007, 07:52 AM
crakjak

Quote:
I think it could also be like someone else pointed out, maybe all we see is the candy coated version on tv. He very well could be more straight forward about issues in his services but maybe we don't see that on tv.
I hope that is true, but his messages are encouraging, and faith building in my opinion.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Me either...

I think we feel alike on this subject. LOL
Old 10-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Da Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
The fact that there is sin and wickedness in our world is not a revelation to anyone, anyone can rant and rave about all the evil. But we cannot back into righteousness, as in backing away from sin, we can only enter into God's righteousness thru the blood of Christ. We need the antidote preached not the disease. Faith comes by hearing, if we hear sin being glorified, as in how big and bad it is, folks have a sense that they cannot overcome. Well, there is a greater one, than sin and the devil in the house.

JMHO, this is more a response to this whole thread not just yours individually.
In our society that is impacted so much by the perversion of hollywood they don't really know what is right and what is wrong. That is why in America the gay lifestyle is seen as an equal alternate lifestyle. It is not viewed as immoral or wrong except by a minority. Because of the impact of hollywood there are less and less people getting married because they think it is ok to just live together.

I am all for preaching the blood. That is the only way anyone will have their sins washed away is to have the blood applied to their lives. At the same time, if we don't name what sin is then some won't realize that they need the blood. If they have no church background at all they may not think of things being wrong or immoral that to us it is common sense why it is wrong. If we think that everyone which comes into our church already understands all the things they are doing that are wrong the we are deceived. The church must name sin and take a strong stand against it while pointing the sinner to the old rugged cross as their only hope of escaping the curse of sin.

I am a very positive preacher. I don't like to preach down to people. I can preach on hell and never offend. I never preach people into hell, but I do warn them of hell. I think that if you will preach with the right attitude and with love then you can preach any subject and be stright forward without beating people down and you will get positive results.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:16 AM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post
In our society that is impacted so much by the perversion of hollywood they don't really know what is right and what is wrong. That is why in America the gay lifestyle is seen as an equal alternate lifestyle. It is not viewed as immoral or wrong except by a minority. Because of the impact of hollywood there are less and less people getting married because they think it is ok to just live together.

I am all for preaching the blood. That is the only way anyone will have their sins washed away is to have the blood applied to their lives. At the same time, if we don't name what sin is then some won't realize that they need the blood. If they have no church background at all they may not think of things being wrong or immoral that to us it is common sense why it is wrong. If we think that everyone which comes into our church already understands all the things they are doing that are wrong the we are deceived. The church must name sin and take a strong stand against it while pointing the sinner to the old rugged cross as their only hope of escaping the curse of sin.

I am a very positive preacher. I don't like to preach down to people. I can preach on hell and never offend. I never preach people into hell, but I do warn them of hell. I think that if you will preach with the right attitude and with love then you can preach any subject and be stright forward without beating people down and you will get positive results.
I understand what you are saying and we are not far apart. What I am suggesting is that Lakewood Church has that teaching concerning sin, but that the TV presentation is just the hook and bait. I really don't know if that is true or not. I don't think that railing against every sin in the book on international TV is the most effective use of the media. Paul did not do that on Mars Hill, maybe TV is our Mars Hill. We need to be wise a serpents and harmless as doves.

I like your post, it certainly reflects balance.

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 10-18-2007, 09:22 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

honestly this guy is watered down baptist. what do I care?

give me a PCI guy any day over that.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post

Just want to say that I've heard Bro. Miller preach on a few occasions and I loved him each time!

And those of you who know me, I'm no saint! LOL!