Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-04-2020, 06:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: What Happened To America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
There isn't? That is not what I have been told. We had preachers from New York and they said there is a black harlem and a Spanish harlem. These are neighbourhood not s borough.
Bro, your "New York" preachers? They more than likely were remembering a song which was covered by Aretha Franklin. The song was originally done by an artist by the name of Ben E King. Which originally titled "Spanish Harlem." Aretha Franklin modified the lyrics to include a rose in "black" n Spanish Harlem. For the life of me, I don't understand why a preacher from New York would bring up to a congregation "black Harlem?" Another thing, what does muggings and Harlem have to do with that neighborhood? As far as I know, people may get attacked in urban neighborhoods all over the world.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Bro, your "New York" preachers? They more than likely were remembering a song which was covered by Aretha Franklin. The song was originally done by an artist by the name of Ben E King. Which originally titled "Spanish Harlem." Aretha Franklin modified the lyrics to include a rose in "black" n Spanish Harlem. For the life of me, I don't understand why a preacher from New York would bring up to a congregation "black Harlem?" Another thing, what does muggings and Harlem have to do with that neighborhood? As far as I know, people may get attacked in urban neighborhoods all over the world.
Bro, my former Pastor who passed away three years ago was preaching in New York. His kids who were teenagers then knew some black kids who lived in black harlem. They visited
And because they were with them and visiting I the day, they were okay. The preachers from New York lied? My former Pastor lied, their kids lied?
BTW, he became our Pastor in 1989 and I did a little research on it and since 1990 it has been undergoing a reformation so much so that the Black population is down to 40%.
My info may not be updated, but it was correct at the time. Why do sensitive? Why not just say, that info may have been correct at one time but here has what's been happening.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Bro, my former Pastor who passed away three years ago was preaching in New York. His kids who were teenagers then knew some black kids who lived in black harlem. They visited
And because they were with them and visiting I the day, they were okay. The preachers from New York lied? My former Pastor lied, their kids lied?
BTW, he became our Pastor in 1989 and I did a little research on it and since 1990 it has been undergoing a reformation so much so that the Black population is down to 40%.
My info may not be updated, but it was correct at the time. Why do sensitive? Why not just say, that info may have been correct at one time but here has what's been happening.
Ron, there is NO PLACE CALLED BLACK HARLEM. But, I'm missing something here. What were these people (Who I have not the foggiest idea who these people are outside of you vouching for them) what am I supposed to say they were lying about? Interestingly you choose to use the word liar? Why liar? What are they lying about Ron?
Old 12-04-2020, 09:08 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Turn the other cheek and wear the mask.

Love your brother more than you love yourself via social isolation.

Together, we can defeat the pandemic.
Turn the other cheek, and put a muzzle on your face.

Love your brother by distancing yourself from them as far as you can.

Together, we can be alone.

Scott, you're like a broken record, and you're not even playing your own tune. You're just repeating someone else's tune, and a poor one at that.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:15 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
Ron,
Most of the majority Republican states are running business as usual.
I am in several Southern & Midwestern states on a regular basis and the only issues i have are having to mask up when we go into most businesses.
Also, I have forgotten to put on a mask (really forgotten) on occasion and no one has said anything.
You're right. It's mostly the democrat run places that are having
the problems.