Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Honorary Admin

Re: Evangelist Bentley stepping down

We should NEVER pray for the downfall of those who need God's mercy and grace. Even for my detractors, I pray that God would bless them according to His plan for them and that He would not give to them according to what I think they deserve.

Remember, "blessed are the merciful, for THEY shall obtain mercy. I fully believe in personal responsibility and the mercy of God. I need all I can get.

I even pray that prayer for nasty spirited cons who prey on people's gullibility and for arrogant libs who lead them astray.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:16 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
We should NEVER pray for the downfall of those who need God's mercy and grace. Even for my detractors, I pray that God would bless them according to His plan for them and that He would not give to them according to what I think they deserve.

Remember, "blessed are the merciful, for THEY shall obtain mercy. I fully believe in personal responsibility and the mercy of God. I need all I can get.

I even pray that prayer for nasty spirited cons who prey on people's gullibility and for arrogant libs who lead them astray.
Amen MOW!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Todd Bentley was no Christian, and said an angel was supposed to guide him.
He was to tell the people about the angel, and not Jesus because they already knew about Jesus.

Come on folks what has American Churchanity come to when anything that gets piped through the sewage line of the television is Christian?

Pray for Todd Bentley? Why sure, and while your at it pray for the Dali Lama, he's a nice chap, and Ozzy Osborn, and his family they need a break.

These people need to get saved and after that they "might" behave themselves.

Todd Bentley, Randy and Paula White, Juanita Bynum and her wife beater husband are all people who need prayer, but what about those who never heard the true gospel message of Acts 2:38? I think they need more of our prayers than those who have blown off the Truth and wanted to make money off of Jesus rather than preach the only saving Gospel.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Pray for all, but NEVER stop to warn and rebuke.

2Pe 2:1-22

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly; And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord. But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes,Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet. These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."
Old 08-21-2008, 04:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Hey MOW (and Rhoni),

I think that is in the Bible, what a novel idea, a person who actually uses biblical priniciples to pray for someone, instead of tear them down ... amazing Now TB is NOT my enemy, but I think that the principle from the following verse can still apply;

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt 5:43-48

(POST SCRIPT.. Unless of course that man is preaching something you don't agree with, in which case plead my wrath on them, and as you watch it fall, sit back and laugh because you are walking so perfectly in my will every day -- God)

"You will be hated for my sake-Just remember that it should be for MY sake and not YOURS-
Do NOT act in such a way as to be offensive, and then blame it on me"

Love, God
Old 08-21-2008, 05:04 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro31:28 View Post
Hey MOW (and Rhoni),

I think that is in the Bible, what a novel idea, a person who actually uses biblical priniciples to pray for someone, instead of tear them down ... amazing Now TB is NOT my enemy, but I think that the principle from the following verse can still apply;

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt 5:43-48

(POST SCRIPT.. Unless of course that man is preaching something you don't agree with, in which case plead my wrath on them, and as you watch it fall, sit back and laugh because you are walking so perfectly in my will every day -- God)
Preach it!
Old 08-21-2008, 05:31 AM
Registered Member

Exclamation Re: Evangelist Bentley stepping down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

Pray for Todd Bentley? Why sure, and while your at it pray for the Dali Lama, he's a nice chap, and Ozzy Osborn, and his family they need a break.

EXACTLY!!! COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF! Paul was real clear about his prayer for those that were FALSE prophets troubling the people of God, that THEY WOULD BE CUT OFF!

"I would that they were even CUT OFF which trouble you." Galatians 5:12
Paul didnt mince words with false prophets, Jesus didnt mince words with false prophets and neither should we! Sound a clear alarm and expose them and pray them away!!!!!

I do not labour under doubt as to what the Gospel is, and when ravening wolves in sheeps clothing come in destroying the sheep with a FALSE gospel, its not time to pray FOR them it is time to pray AGAINST them. (Sheeka boom BAM!)

Sorry, I took one look at Sheeka Bam Boom and had no doubt in my spirit at the horrible deceiver who was in back of all this nonsense.

One thing you have to give old Ozzy, He hasnt come into the sheep fold passing himself off as a man of God to destroy mens lives.

I am now open for attack. Prepare to fire.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Mark 9:38-40

And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a MIRACLE in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
For he that is not against us is on our part.

It's interesting when one of you guys try to use scriptures to prove that some reprobate that has a phoney ministry is legit you end up contradicting the rest of the Bible.

Ok, explain how the scripture you used above goes with this scripture verse?

Mat 7:21-23

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done MANY WONDERFUL WORKS? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

I look forward to read your reply.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa
First you don't get to determine who is a reprobate, a little above your authority level.

Second, No one, not on the original post that you misinterpreted nor on my response made TB legitimate. The point was and remains that God honors faith. If one preaches the Gospel, even for their own gain, people can be saved and healed. Which fits very well with the verse I used.

Third, the verse you used speaks only to the condition of the one who claimed a right to enter the kingdom illegitimately, It has nothing to do with the condition of those who have responded to God through the words of that person.

Finally, if God can make an ass talk I assume you and Bentley can both be used by God. I had not bought into TB but his fall is a disgrace to all Christians, and the proper response is to pray for him not celebrate his fall. You folks who celebrate a man’s fall remind me of the Muslims who were dancing in the streets of America after 9/11…what a disgrace.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:57 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
First you don't get to determine who is a reprobate, a little above your authority level.

Second, No one, not on the original post that you misinterpreted nor on my response made TB legitimate. The point was and remains that God honors faith. If one preaches the Gospel, even for their own gain, people can be saved and healed. Which fits very well with the verse I used.

Third, the verse you used speaks only to the condition of the one who claimed a right to enter the kingdom illegitimately, It has nothing to do with the condition of those who have responded to God through the words of that person.

Finally, if God can make an ass talk I assume you and Bentley can both be used by God. I had not bought into TB but his fall is a disgrace to all Christians, and the proper response is to pray for him not celebrate his fall. You folks who celebrate a man’s fall remind me of the Muslims who were dancing in the streets of America after 9/11…what a disgrace.
Awesome post!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:58 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Pray for all, but NEVER stop to warn and rebuke.

2Pe 2:1-22

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly; And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chieflythem that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord. But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes,Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet. These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."
Apparently it is possible to cut and paste large portions of Scripture without being able to read or comprehend them.

It is the Lord who judges and punishes not us.