Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Re: Evangelist Bentley stepping down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Rico, I take solace in the fact that you find his argument convincing, now I know I am right.

Just so you know unless TB is his sons none of those scriptures he posted applies.
Baron, seriously, you can't be that dense. EB wasn't trying to say TB was his son. He was arguing that even if TB were a Christian that God would still chastise him. You're so busy trying to find fault with EB you can't see the points he's trying to make. Oh well. Stuff like that is getting to be par for the course around here lately. Something definitely ain't been right about AFF for the last several days. Can't put my finger on it. It amazes that people would actually defend TB. The guy was baptizing people in the name of BAM! What more proof would anyone need that he's a false prophet and in need of the Lord knocking him off his pedastel? Now we find he's been having an "improper relationship" with someone?

I'm sorry to say this, but AFF is looking less and less like an apostolic forum with every passing week. Good apostolic men of God are ridiculed for their faith while false prophets like TB are defended. It's a crying shame.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Sounds like there needs to be a good prayer meeting among AFF.
I in no way condon Bentley however our spirits must be right whether he is right or not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve p View Post
I am agreeing prayefully with Sis!
Me too
Old 08-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Lamb Saved & Shepherd Led

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Baron, seriously, you can't be that dense. EB wasn't trying to say TB was his son. He was arguing that even if TB were a Christian that God would still chastise him. You're so busy trying to find fault with EB you can't see the points he's trying to make. Oh well. Stuff like that is getting to be par for the course around here lately. Something definitely ain't been right about AFF for the last several days. Can't put my finger on it. It amazes that people would actually defend TB. The guy was baptizing people in the name of BAM! What more proof would anyone need that he's a false prophet and in need of the Lord knocking him off his pedastel? Now we find he's been having an "improper relationship" with someone?

I'm sorry to say this, but AFF is looking less and less like an apostolic forum with every passing week. Good apostolic men of God are ridiculed for their faith while false prophets like TB are defended. It's a crying shame.
The Bible is open to those that want Truth, and if they want Truth, they find Truth. They watch individuals squabble over Bible symbolism on the Internet, and leave the Message boards to enter into the real world where live people dwell, and they find Truth. The World Wide Web is full of Internet Ayatollahs who speak their mind. There is only one Truth, and it is not hidden. No matter what anyone says, Truth still converts the sincere.
 -DD Benincasa, 12/06/03

www.tkburk.com
Old 08-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:

Maybe it is all those folks that think we should vote for folks who not only allow abortion but want to fund it with my tax dollars, sounds a little off in terms of Apostolic to me.

The fact is if God is judging him that's one thing, you however aren't God. No one has defended TB, what we have taken exception to is the folks that are busy patting themselves on the back about how great they are and how they have the truth while they compare themselves to TB and dance around like it is a great day at the county fair.

It is one thing to challenge someone’s doctrine, challenge the accuracy of what they say, challenge their truthfulness even but to think that you have the right to determine that someone is a reprobate is wrong. Maybe I should say everyone that supports baby killers are reprobates. No I have said you are wrong and your logic is flawed at best but I didn't call you a reprobate.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Maybe it is all those folks that think we should vote for folks who not only allow abortion but want to fund it with my tax dollars, sounds a little off in terms of Apostolic to me.

The fact is if God is judging him that's one thing, you however aren't God. No one has defended TB, what we have taken exception to is the folks that are busy patting themselves on the back about how great they are and how they have the truth while they compare themselves to TB and dance around like it is a great day at the county fair.

It is one thing to challenge someone’s doctrine, challenge the accuracy of what they say, challenge their truthfulness even but to think that you have the right to determine that someone is a reprobate is wrong. Maybe I should say everyone that supports baby killers are reprobates. No I have said you are wrong and your logic is flawed at best but I didn't call you a reprobate.
Don't tell me no one is defending him. How stupid do you think I am, Baron? I just read where someone actually said TB was used of God. Spare me! The best you can come up with is my belief in pro-choice? Please! save it for the political threads. You are, in fact, defending TB. Have fun. You're defending someone who is being led around by a demon, and you are criticizing the people who are telling the truth concerning TB?!?! You're either on the side of truth or you aren't. Which is it, Baron?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:

Excellent post. How this would be a defense for TB is beyond me.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 08-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Don't tell me no one is defending him. How stupid do you think I am, Baron? I just read where someone actually said TB was used of God. Spare me! The best you can come up with is my belief in pro-choice? Please! save it for the political threads. You are, in fact, defending TB. Have fun. You're defending someone who is being led around by a demon, and you are criticizing the people who are telling the truth concerning TB?!?! You're either on the side of truth or you aren't. Which is it, Baron?
How stupid do I think you are? What is this a setup?

If God could speak through an donkey, Bentley should be no problem for him. I know people who were saved because some misguided dude wrote a book about how Jesus was coming back in the fall of 1988, absolute nonsense but God used it.

I know people who were saved by responding to an altar call from a pastor who was sleeping with his secretary, but God used him

You must serve a tiny little God that can only work through perfection and through those completely submitted to Him.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

It's no different than the other thread where people were talking about how dumb people were who have died from simple things that were easily treatable and how it turned into us being against people for having faith in God when that wasn't the case at all! It's a case of people reading more into posts than what is actually said.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
How stupid do I think you are? What is this a setup?

If God could speak through an donkey, Bentley should be no problem for him. I know people who were saved because some misguided dude wrote a book about how Jesus was coming back in the fall of 1988, absolute nonsense but God used it.

I know people who were saved by responding to an altar call from a pastor who was sleeping with his secretary, but God used him

You must serve a tiny little God that can only work through perfection and through those completely submitted to Him.
Great post!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Don't ask.

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?