Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Banned

Oneness:

I was meditating on a Scripture and I had some thoughts that I wanted to share here. The verse is:

Ephesians 4:4-6
English Standard Version (ESV)
4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
I began to reflect on God's awesomeness... that God is through all and in all. That He permeates or pervades creation. That God is in every galaxy... and every subatomic particle. That God is in the sunrise and the sunset. That God is in the rain and the snowflake. That God is in the embrace of lovers and the still air of the loneliest of nights. That in reality, there is nothing that we can see wherein He doesn't dwell. God is truly the "all in all". God is even in us, human beings. He is seen in the most royal of our leaders... and in the lowest beggar. He is the "all in all". And that He is essentially what is holding this universe together. An ongoing divine thought if you will. The Scriptures say,

Colossians 1:17
English Standard Version (ESV)
17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
In a very real way we must admit... is there anything but God? Is not God in everything? Is not God the "all in all"?

As I gaze across the snow laden field and behold the bristling pines... as I listen to the song of the sparrows... as I rejoice in the light of the mid-day sun... I am surrounded by Him. His power. His glory. His majesty. Idolatry shatters His unity. False doctrine shatters His unity. Hatred and strife shatter His unity. Oneness is a great revelation that shows that we are never without Him, in fact... we are living extensions of Him His power. If we have the Spirit residing in us, we can experience this in a personal way, allowing Him to flow through us and transform us, conforming us into the image of Jesus Himself.

I rejoice in the understanding that God is the "all in all".

Acts 17:24-28
King James Version (KJV)
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
There is nothing that is apart from Him, "For in him we live, and move, and have our being."

Last edited by Aquila; 02-03-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:31 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Oneness:

Beautifully put Aquila!