Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

Question Why? Food for thought

Why are there no apple, pear, peach, etc. growing in the wild? Has there never been or is this fairly recent? Seeds get carried by birds and animals and sprout---so why do most fruit trees only grow in our yards or in orchards? Why can we not forage in the wild for our fruit and vegetables? It seems like evertime we use things for greed they disappear from the wild.
a) some say that it's a conspiracy by government to use raidation on seeds to keep them from growing--this hasn't always been--so who tells the seed where to grow? I've grown apple and peach from seed--how about you?
b) some say that fruit trees need a lot of care and pesticides--- so who controls the pests that eat the trees?
I've asked God if this is to fool the devil and his into believing that by controlling the food supply--they control God--Or is this is punishment to us for our greed?
Why do we not have more communtiy gardens where the food goes straight to shelters and soup kitchens?
Why do politicians not start community gardens in their communities so that people can eat for free and get off of food stamps? Can churches and christians band together to start some projects like these? I can hear the USDA screaming and imposing fines already.
Where I'm from there are field upon field that never get planted or used and just sit there--why are they not planted?
Why do we not landscape with blueberries, cranberries, rhubarb, etc. and just give the produce away? Why is everything about how much money we can make and how many things we can own?
Are there any comments out there? Give til it hurts and thank God that it does. Amen
Old 06-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: Why? Food for thought

Civilization causes all wild things to diminish over time.
And the reason there are community gardens to feed the homeless, etc. Is because there are not enough churches doing it.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV