Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

Re: A treatise on the upc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
I am assuming they do not know any better.

I would just tell them to give me their information so that I can contact them later, but they would asked politley to leave the service for they are not properly attired, and would be disrespectul to the house of God.
FZW, I am sorry to say that is sad.

What makes you think they would talk to you later?
Old 03-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
All the church members in our church begun as unsaved.
The flock of God comes first, visitors second.
Jesus himself said.
I am not come but unto the house of Israel.
He first took care of the house of Israel, before the gentiles came in.
Priorities.
Luke 5:31-32
31 Jesus answered and said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.
32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” (NKJV)

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Hmmm....Jesus seems to be more interested in the salvation of the sinner rather than their outward appearance...

A SINFUL woman touching Jesus???
Luke 7
36 One of the Pharisees asked Jesus to eat with him. Jesus went into the Pharisee’s house and took a place at the table.
37 There was a sinful woman in that town. She knew that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house. So the woman brought some expensive perfume in an alabaster jar. 38 She stood at Jesus’ feet, crying. Then she began to wash his feet with her tears. She dried his feet with her hair. She kissed his feet many times and rubbed them with the perfume.
39 When the Pharisee who asked Jesus to come to his house saw this, he thought to himself, “[B]If this man were a prophet, he would know that the woman who is touching him is a sinner!”

Jesus conversing without a woman off ill-repute???
John 4
17 The woman answered, “But I have no husband.”
Jesus said to her, “You are right to say you have no husband.
18 That’s because, although you have had five husbands, the man you live with now is not your husband. That much was the truth.”
19 The woman said, “Sir, I can see that you are a prophet.[b] 20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain. But you Jews say that Jerusalem is the place where people must worship.”

Well, not surprising considering what Jesus said his mission is:

Matthew 9
10 Jesus ate dinner at Matthew’s house. Many tax collectors and others with bad reputations came and ate with him and his followers.
11 The Pharisees saw that Jesus was eating with these people. They asked his followers, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and other sinners?”
12 Jesus heard them say this. So he said to them, “It is the sick people who need a doctor, not those who are healthy.
13 You need to go and learn what this Scripture means: ‘I don’t want animal sacrifices; I want you to show kindness to people.’[a] I did not come to invite good people. I came to invite sinners.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 03-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

Well the new modern religions do NOT go soul winning out where the sinners are. Instead they have a building and a sinner has to seek them out and take a chance someone there might care.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Since I am an EMT Im reminded constantly of the Church=Hospital example...and I also know that babies are not always born in hospitals....and many who are ill receive life saving treatment before they ever enter hospital doors.No....im not a doctor but I work under a physicians direction and authority....the same way we as Christians need to step up and realize that we are EMPOWERED and AUTHORIZED by the GREAT PHYSICIAN to work as His hands and feet.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
Hmmm....Jesus seems to be more interested in the salvation of the sinner rather than their outward appearance...

A SINFUL woman touching Jesus???
Luke 7
36 One of the Pharisees asked Jesus to eat with him. Jesus went into the Pharisee’s house and took a place at the table.
37 There was a sinful woman in that town. She knew that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house. So the woman brought some expensive perfume in an alabaster jar. 38 She stood at Jesus’ feet, crying. Then she began to wash his feet with her tears. She dried his feet with her hair. She kissed his feet many times and rubbed them with the perfume.
39 When the Pharisee who asked Jesus to come to his house saw this, he thought to himself, “[B]If this man were a prophet, he would know that the woman who is touching him is a sinner!”

Jesus conversing without a woman off ill-repute???
John 4
17 The woman answered, “But I have no husband.”
Jesus said to her, “You are right to say you have no husband.
18 That’s because, although you have had five husbands, the man you live with now is not your husband. That much was the truth.”
19 The woman said, “Sir, I can see that you are a prophet.[b] 20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain. But you Jews say that Jerusalem is the place where people must worship.”

Well, not surprising considering what Jesus said his mission is:

Matthew 9
10 Jesus ate dinner at Matthew’s house. Many tax collectors and others with bad reputations came and ate with him and his followers.
11 The Pharisees saw that Jesus was eating with these people. They asked his followers, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and other sinners?”
12 Jesus heard them say this. So he said to them, “It is the sick people who need a doctor, not those who are healthy.
13 You need to go and learn what this Scripture means: ‘I don’t want animal sacrifices; I want you to show kindness to people.’[a] I did not come to invite good people. I came to invite sinners.
Amen!

It was asked earlier where the rules come from.
The teachings and example of Jesus are the rules, and they are crystal clear, like the examples above.

Everything else is the doctrines of men, that by comparison are worth nothing.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Banned

The essential commandments of Jesus are called the Law of Christ. These are:
Love God.
Demonstrate your love for God by loving others as yourself.
Everything else is merely commentary.

Living by man made rules and adaptations will only conform one into the image and likeness of said religion or denomination.

Living in accordance to the law of love... now that will conform you into the image and likeness of Jesus. And that my friends is the Father's will for every human soul.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

Some of these things are so simple and obvious. Why we as brethren having the same Holy Ghost come up with different beliefs is beyond me.

I'm going to start teaching, baptizing, laying on hands, rebuking devils, and whatever!! I'm about done doing the bare minimum. I'm not content with this any longer!! If it works or not it's better than rotting.

Street preachers healing folks while Apostolics wait on the next Sunday service. In between services fussing with each other on forums. Do baptist fuss like we do?

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
Some of these things are so simple and obvious. Why we as brethren having the same Holy Ghost come up with different beliefs is beyond me.

I'm going to start teaching, baptizing, laying on hands, rebuking devils, and whatever!! I'm about done doing the bare minimum. I'm not content with this any longer!! If it works or not it's better than rotting.

Street preachers healing folks while Apostolics wait on the next Sunday service. In between services fussing with each other on forums. Do baptist fuss like we do?
Everyone should be street preachers. Yes Baptists argue among themselves. Things such as the rapture, predestination, are gifts real, matters of holiness.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Where are the alternatives for those who do not want the I.C. approach?? I know home church is one. Should we start a list of no-forced tithing, no temple worshiping, no pastor worshiping assemblies? I know there are Elders here that agree there are problems. Step out and start something!!

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?