Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
My question is this... Why are most (not all but most) liberals who once practiced the outward separation, quite defensive and harsh when they hear of people who might actually want to embrace it? Why does that discomfort them?

I for one could care less what you wear, red socks, green stockings, open toed shoes, etc. In our church we have all kinds; uncut hair, cut hair, lipstick, unlippedsticks, pants, skirts, etc. You get the point, anyway, we do see it as learned behavior, but of course there is nothing wrong with that.

My point is don't go around telling everybody else their souls are hell bound if the don't hold to that value system. I agree both sides of the isle need to chill out.

Quoting Bro. Rodney "can't we all just get along?"
Old 12-10-2007, 10:48 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrLA View Post

What a minute! How judgmental can you be. God is NO repector of persons, and He responds to praise, no matter who it's from!

And by the way.....NO ONE on the platform had on pants! or excessive Jewlery. They were very respecful of the standards of that church!
I believe they said that TIC!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

What a minute! How judgmental can you be. God is NO repector of persons, and He responds to praise, no matter who it's from!

And by the way.....NO ONE on the platform had on pants! or excessive Jewlery. They were very respecful of the standards of that church!
Really, even from the unsaved? Wow, this is great! Do you think Kurt Carr is saved?

Be careful catch 22 approaching...
Old 12-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Not meaning this in an ugly way, but to me it is sad that we seem to have to look outside of our doctrinal ranks to find someone who can "blow the roof off".
Old 12-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
....NO ONE on the platform had on pants! or excessive Jewlery. They were very respecful of the standards of that church!
Please define "excessive jewelry" and don't leave out any details! Gold, bling, diamond watches, necklaces, rings, earrings, nose rings, I can't wait to find out, please tell me!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysharp View Post
Really, even from the unsaved? Wow, this is great! Do you think Kurt Carr is saved?

Be careful catch 22 approaching...
I am not the judge as to who is or who isn't saved! And yes, I believe if you call on the Name of Jesus, He is there. But, there were MANY 'saved folk' there last night, I assure you!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
Not meaning this in an ugly way, but to me it is sad that we seem to have to look outside of our doctrinal ranks to find someone who can "blow the roof off".
HA HA HA, you are awesome...I was thinking, they sure were excited about the service, even if it was a trinitarian singer.lol

Danger...double talk approaching...
Old 12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
No, as far as I am concerned, the UPC has the best! I mean that. We are blessed and favored of God in the area of talent. However, we are NOT the only one who has smoke coming out of our stack...nor do we have a corner on God!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I am not the judge as to who is or who isn't saved! And yes, I believe if you call on the Name of Jesus, He is there. But, there were MANY 'saved folk' there last night, I assure you!
Good for you that's the attitude...I'm still waiting on the jewelry...
Old 12-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
If you call on the name of the Lord and he is there, will he save you? Just wondering.