Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 10-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvFPC View Post
WOW!!!
I'm NOT believing this!!!!!!!!!!!! I have heard this guy preach SOOO many times.... I had heard he had went charasmatic but NOT gay!!!!! wow...
This is like, i can't even describe it, really saddening...depressing almost...

He preached at my old church many many times before he got "big time" and yes he definitly was what some of you would call "UC" (that was way back, he loosened up a little bit when his old pastor died) He started out in an independent church i believe.. He preached at FPC before, years ago...
He married the pastor's daughter of one of the upc churches in el dorado, AR.. tarrah, whom he mentioned.. and he did join UPC...
WOW.. totally shocking......
.........ILuvFPC, it is totally shocking. ...Are you talking about Bro. C.E. George in Jonesboro as being the pastor who died? I think Bro. Epley said he had attended Bro. Blessingame's church in Conway, Arkansas first and then Jonesboro? Maybe? I may have been at NLR in 1999. I can't remember. I know I was there one year around that time. All I know is that I heard about him and did hear him preach once (my husband had to remind me - so this guy must not have been too memorable) - but didn't realize he'd gone so far off the deep end.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
tarrah
I can't imagine what that woman has been through. *sigh*

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 10-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Steadfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
Is/Was? Wouldn't it better to find out if they knew about him, then to make innuendo that these organizations promote/agree with this guys lifestyle, after all he was preaching in our ranks as well.
You obviously read something into the post that I wasn't trying to say. It was common knowledge he was with us... then preached for ICOF and AWCF. The "is/was" is alluding only to the fact that they may not - like most of us - have known that he went pervert on them.

Never made any innuendos that his present lifestyle was approved by them. I'm actually surprised that you thought I had... I see nothing remotely implying that I did.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneEyre View Post
.........ILuvFPC, it is totally shocking. ...Are you talking about Bro. C.E. George in Jonesboro as being the pastor who died? I think Bro. Epley said he had attended Bro. Blessingame's church in Conway, Arkansas first and then Jonesboro? Maybe? I may have been at NLR in 1999. I can't remember. I know I was there one year around that time. All I know is that I heard about him and did hear him preach once (my husband had to remind me - so this guy must not have been too memorable) - but didn't realize he'd gone so far off the deep end.
I'm not sure which pastor, i remember him mentioning it when he was preaching at my old church (not fpc-nlr) that his ministry was changing and he wasn't as dogmatic, or words to that effect, on some issues as he once was since his pastor had passed.
I am listening to another one of his 'messages' now... he is talking about the "love of his life" the dude thats HIV positive... GROSSSSSSSSSS
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Registered Member

I was thinking about the song, "Sin Will Take You Farther Than You Want To Go" ...but it sounds like he wants to go where he is.

It amazes me, too, that he doesn't seem to mind the fact that his partner is HIV Positive. I can't imagine the deception this man is in - or is it more than deception? ....Not only is he deceived, but he is attempting to deceive others by "ministering" to them. Lord, don't let me be turned over to a reprobate mind to believe a lie and be damned.

It appears others around him may be deceived, too. Good grief, is it possible to get out of a pit this deep???
Old 10-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Registered Member

the memories are just rolling in... he preached so many revivals in my old church in south east arkansas... He was preaching the night i got baptized when i was 8 years old.... that was about 15 years ago...
Has anyone listened to his debates??? Dude knew his Bible! He made them church of christ (or church w/o Christ ) dudes look plain stupid!!
this really just hurts..... so sad.....
Old 10-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
He was most ilkely praying she had a headache.
That is just wrong! Funny though!!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
the memories are just rolling in... he preached so many revivals in my old church in south east arkansas... He was preaching the night i got baptized when i was 8 years old.... that was about 15 years ago...
Has anyone listened to his debates??? Dude knew his Bible! He made them church of christ (or church w/o Christ ) dudes look plain stupid!!
this really just hurts..... so sad.....

and to think he went from debating Oneness to being a Trinitarian!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I can't imagine what that woman has been through. *sigh*

as I said he claims she is 100% behind it- that's bizzare in and of itself
Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Da Evangelist

For real