Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Administrator

William Branham 11 minute Filmed Interview

In honor of our new cultic...er....Branhamite member Dr. Vaughn I am pasting a link here to an 11 minute filmed interview with William Branham.

It appears to be from the 50's or early 60's. It was filmed documentary style like we used to see in those old 16mm films in school in the 60's and 70's.

Pretty sophisticated editing in that it shows the interviewers arriving at his home, knocking on the door, WB greeting them and introducing his wife, etc then they sit down for the interview.

This site may also be interesting to those of you not familiar with WB or interested in learning more.

I would suggest that since these folks baptize in Jessu Name and others might identify you with them it is best to know Branhamites and other Serpent Seed groups doctrines and practices so as to clearly be able to differentiate yourself and your church from them.

http://www.williambranham.com/
Old 05-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Re: William Branham 11 minute Filmed Interview

Am I the only one who thinks he looks like George Bush, Sr.?
Old 05-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Accepts all friends requests

arrrgghhh! Z-Brick? William Branham had Z-Brick on his front porch? Ow! I hate that stuff... but that's just me. Nice lawn.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Did Jesus not say... if their not against us their for us?

Why do you guys seem to literally hate this brother? What did he ever do to you? So, he had ideas that were outside the main stream, he still countless good in his life,, helped millions of people... and brought to millions to Christ.. over 40,000 in one service alone.,., with the Acts 2:38 message... what is the personal hate about?
Old 05-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Am I the only one who thinks he looks like George Bush, Sr.?
Just add a little more hair..... lol
Old 05-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post

Why do you guys seem to literally hate this brother? What did he ever do to you? So, he had ideas that were outside the main stream, he still countless good in his life,, helped millions of people... and brought to millions to Christ.. over 40,000 in one service alone.,., with the Acts 2:38 message... what is the personal hate about?
Hey, I said I hated Z-Brick, not Branham. There's a bit of a story that goes along with that, but I'll spare you.

Why do folks write about William Branham in the same tones as Muslims write about the prophet Muhammed?

Since we are rather closely associated with the "Branhamites" (Jesus name baptism, etc) many will take a more critical view of the claims made by Branham's current followers. We all get lumped into the same group together, and many folks want to resist that.

And, "they're." If "they're" not for us "they're" against us.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Dr. Vaughn,

With all due respect you seem to very quickly jump to conclusions.

I have noticed this is just one of several times you have used the word "hate" in regards to post about WB when the posts in no way indicated any "hatred"

Is this just a case of victim mentality?

Please don't confuse disdain, dismay, bemusement, amusement, etc, etc with "hatred".

No doubt there are many wonderful people, probably including yourself, who have been deluded into raising this man and his erroneous doctrines into something bigger than life.

If for a moment you leave his doctrinal error out of the discussion and just look at his healing ministry, bapitsm ministry, etc then one could say he was a successful preacher who did the Lord's work.

However once you start elevating him to sole status as THE prophet of this church age and fixate on his sermons, sayings, conclusions, etc that is indefensibile and where the bemusement, amusement, dismay and disdain you mistake for hatred comes in.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:

Not everyone here would attack you, some of us shrug our shoulders and would consider you a brother in Christ without having to push you away. I don't believe the Branhamite view of dispensationism but thats a 2ndary issue. As long as you don't add to the gospel and teach that I have to be submitted to or baptized in a branhamite church/structure I have no problem calling you a brother and fellowshipping with you.

And yes, with the exception of dispensationalism we do teach a very close message and both contain the gospel. And for those preparing their guns this is me speaking and I dont speak for the AWCF in any capacity, way, or with any authority so don't tar and feather them.. save your venom for the Ethopia threads.

Also I dont agree with serpent seed doctrine, but then again you may not agree with my view of the Pauline gospel and how it ties into what we call standards of holiness (which changes from church to church which makes it... umm... non-standard actually..) ... so I can disagree on what we disagree about and agree with what we agree about and eat fried chicken at a buffet.. all very Pentecostal... or Apostolic... or Spirit filled Jesus Name Christian.. or whatever the label
Old 05-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Dr. Vaughn

brother.. I see Serpent Seed in the same vein as Dispensationalism... 2ndary,., no essential issues.. yet people treat it like its BLASPHEMY
Old 05-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:
brother.. I see Serpent Seed in the same vein as Dispensationalism... 2ndary,., no essential issues.. yet people treat it like its BLASPHEMY

I actually learned studying sociology that people who are close to each other will pick out the secondary issues and fight HARDER and much nastier than those who are fundamentally dissimilar like a Christian and a Muslim.

The reason they do it is to draw a line in the sand more clearly and let those who are fairly close but not close enough know they arent like "them" (whoever "them" may be). Its the reason the Hutu's killed the Tutsi's in Rawanda (neither one existed before the Dutch got there and divided people into either group depending on who looked a bit more "white" in their porportions) ... because they weren't fully "them".

The same garbage gets thrown at people who leave the larger groups and fellowship with networks like the AWCF because they are no longer "them" (hence the nasty thread on justpreachers about Kenneth Phillips that some of our brothers took some shots at him and myself and other mod-libs defending him that got me banned)

It's just their way because they haven't learned to sit down and listen to make sure there should be a battle there in the first place. Btw.. I have read the story of Branham from different sources, and while I can't say the miracles happened like they were written down like the angel appearing at the baptisimal service by the river.. then again it was never refuted by eye witnesses so it does carry a measure of weight. We need to be careful not to be quick to say its not of God until we can say it is or isn't with any assurance. Branham had his ideas of things that I dont agree with, but then again my pastor and I dont line up 100% on everything and he doesnt line up 100% with his fellow pastors, and they dont line up 100% with others in their organization... its human nature to keep evolving our systematic doctrines... who knows.. if branham had lived longer maybe he would have changed his views on some things .. but when we are in heaven together we will understand fully where we have "Full Salvation" (shameless PCI positional plug there).

Seriously, do a "I love Phillips, Craig and Dean" thread on here and let the blood fly... do a thread on "Why I am not Zoroasterian" and you won't get a response. Its all tribal identity and the desire to protect it.