Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-23-2019, 05:38 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Discipleship vs Soul Winning

We make soul winning and outreach an event, but

Jesus called us to make disciples, to invest our lives in people, in community.

Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost: (ESV)

Last edited by Amanah; 06-23-2019 at 05:42 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

Re: Discipleship vs Soul Winning

Moving in the right direction. A Christian and a disciple are one and the same thing. This revelation would change everything.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

Discipleship is rarely mentioned or explained.

Here it is in a nutshell.

Acts 11:26

25Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul: 26And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

A Christian and a disciple are the same thing. If you want to be a Christian look what Jesus said.

Luke 9:23-24

23And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. 24For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Luke 14:26-27

25And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them, 26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

So to be a Christian/Disciple is about taking Jesus as OUR MASTER.

It is about US following HIM. Living close to him and keeping his commandments.

If we come to him with this understanding we can be baptized into his name.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:54 PM
OneLordOneFaithOneBaptism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post

We make soul winning and outreach an event, but

Jesus called us to make disciples, to invest our lives in people, in community.

Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost: (ESV)
Did you know that Jesus wasn't talking to everyone when He spoke those words? Contrary to popular belief every Christian is not called to go and make disciples. Jesus was giving the command to go and make disciples of all nations to His apostles! Those who were trained, taught, anointed, equipped, and empowered by Jesus Himself to go out into the world.

Paul said are all apostles? are all prophets? etc....... All Christians are called to bear fruit, but NOT ALL Christians are called to go out into the world and make disciples!
Matthew 24:13-14 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."
Old 06-23-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Discipleship is rarely mentioned or explained.

Here it is in a nutshell.

Acts 11:26

25Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul: 26And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

A Christian and a disciple are the same thing. If you want to be a Christian look what Jesus said.

Luke 9:23-24

23And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. 24For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Luke 14:26-27

25And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them, 26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

So to be a Christian/Disciple is about taking Jesus as OUR MASTER.

It is about US following HIM. Living close to him and keeping his commandments.

If we come to him with this understanding we can be baptized into his name.
That's right Mike, and I do believe that's the reason why we are not seeing the power of God in many believers is because they are NOT being made disciples (pupils, students) of Jesus and then baptized in the water and the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 24:13-14 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."
Old 06-23-2019, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyronePalmer View Post
Did you know that Jesus wasn't talking to everyone when He spoke those words? Contrary to popular belief every Christian is not called to go and make disciples. Jesus was giving the command to go and make disciples of all nations to His apostles! Those who were trained, taught, anointed, equipped, and empowered by Jesus Himself to go out into the world.

Paul said are all apostles? are all prophets? etc....... All Christians are called to bear fruit, but NOT ALL Christians are called to go out into the world and make disciples!
So who in todays world would make disciples?
Old 06-23-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So who in todays world would make disciples?
Who did Jesus call to go out and make disciples in the 1st century? Apostles!

"Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever!"
Old 06-23-2019, 07:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

So then, nobody is authorised to baptise anyone except apostles. Nor is anyone authorised to teach people to observe all of Christ's commandments except apostles.

Further, those apostles were twelve in number, who had been with Jesus during His ministry, plus Paul. Common denominator? They were eyewitnesses of His resurrection as well as being especially authorised as His apostles.

So, since the death of John, the last apostle, nobidy is authorised to make disciples, baptise, and teach.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-23-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
So then, nobody is authorised to baptise anyone except apostles. Nor is anyone authorised to teach people to observe all of Christ's commandments except apostles.

Further, those apostles were twelve in number, who had been with Jesus during His ministry, plus Paul. Common denominator? They were eyewitnesses of His resurrection as well as being especially authorised as His apostles.

So, since the death of John, the last apostle, nobidy is authorised to make disciples, baptise, and teach.
The original eleven excluding Judas, were not eyewitnesses of the resurrection of Jesus, nobody was. They were eyewitnesses of the RESURRECTED Christ, as was Paul.

The scriptures clearly teach that apostles are called and anointed to make disciples, preach, teach, and do the ministry works of Jesus. The ministry gift of apostles are still given to the body of Christ today, as well as Prophets, Evangelists, Teachers, and Pastors.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The original eleven excluding Judas, were not eyewitnesses of the resurrection of Jesus, nobody was. They were eyewitnesses of the RESURRECTED Christ, as was Paul.

The scriptures clearly teach that apostles are called and anointed to make disciples, preach, teach, and do the ministry works of Jesus. The ministry gift of apostles are still given to the body of Christ today, as well as Prophets, Evangelists, Teachers, and Pastors.
Can you give me names of todays apostles? Dont get me wrong I do believe they exist somewhere. If you have names this is one of the biggest days of my life.

I do disagree that no one else can preach the gospel.