Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

Re: McCain Is the Only Hope of the GOP & America

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
Look Dave...I have had quite a bit of experience with people like you and I'm not impressed. The group that I knew well was from Lebonon Ohio and was affiliated with the Arian Nation. I'm not interested in what you're selling.
I'm now a racist fascist. Amazing. You never really deal with arguments. You just name call.

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
I'm now a racist fascist. Amazing. You never really deal with arguments. You just name call.
Dave, if you look at the timing, I changed my remark because I felt it wouldn't be fair to you. I know you're not a racist. But the group of racists I knew were dominionists.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Dave let's just call it a truce. Let's see if we can agree on something.

As a Dominionist (which I'm assuming you are based on your posts) how would you help the 18,000 Americans who die every year because they cannot afford the health care they need?
Old 02-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Dave let's just call it a truce. Let's see if we can agree on something.

As a Dominionist (which I'm assuming you are based on your posts) how would you help the 18,000 Americans who die every year because they cannot afford the health care they need?
You and I couldn't agree on the solution for the problem. I'll bail out for a while. We've generated enough heat as it is.

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
I don't own a gun and have no authority to execute anyone. That is the government's role. BTW, not all sins are capitol crimes......again you are misrepresenting, on purpose, my position. You seem to have a real problem with the holiness of our God. If He says all homosexuals should be executed who am I to disagree. You have a problem with God but with an relativistic, secular, humanistic government....no problem. They're compassionate.......
Does God say all Homosexuals should be executed by their respective governments?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
You and I couldn't agree on the solution for the problem. I'll bail out for a while. We've generated enough heat as it is.
Hey Im fine with heat....currently here in "sunny So Cal" it's rather cold....

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Dave believes that the government can't do anything right...but he trusts empowering them to execute homosexuals and sinners as the Law of God commanded in ancient Israel. Right now it is estimated that as many as 11% of those executed in the United States were in fact innocent or received insufficient legal defense. God help us if Dominionists ever subvert the Constitution and impose their version of Biblical law on the United States.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Dave believes that the government can't do anything right...but he trusts empowering them to execute homosexuals and sinners as the Law of God commanded in ancient Israel. Right now it is estimated that as many as 11% of those executed in the United States were in fact innocent or received insufficient legal defense. God help us if Dominionists ever subvert the Constitution and impose their version of Biblical law on the United States.
Since God places the civil leaders as His ministers of justice can't he hold them accountable to His word?

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Since God places the civil leaders as His ministers of justice can't he hold them accountable to His word?
The Law of Moses was God's Covenant to the Hebrews as established through Moses. Can you show me the national covenant God sealed with America?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The Law of Moses was God's Covenant to the Hebrews as established through Moses. Can you show me the national covenant God sealed with America?
I thought Paul was post the OT covenant. The ministers of God he referred to were Roman. Since God puts all rulers in their places He can hold them accountable.

BTW, Under the OT covenant God held pagan countries responsible. He blessed those that followed the God of Israel and cursed others.

- Groucho Marx