Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-13-2022, 02:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Homestead Heritage in waco tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Hebrews and Ruach are fine.

Yahweh is the pagan devil Jupiter.
The problem is that like the Twelve Tribes community these other guys got off track by Judaizing their Christian experience. They start off calling God YHVH, but by the time they are finished they call each other rabbi (or rename themselves with Hebrew names), also butchering up the Hebrew language with a Southern drawl. Steve, I may of inquired about this before, but do you have any scholarly research or archeological research which points to Yahveh being the name for the Latin moniker of Zeus?
Old 04-14-2022, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
do you have any scholarly research or archeological research which points to Yahveh being the name for the Latin moniker of Zeus?
A good starting point is a thread on this forum:

connecting dots - Acts 14 pagan Jupiter is yahweh
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=50557

That began 5 years back, I would be happy to revisit certain issues. There is a lot of indoctrination from mediocre scholarship and seminary studies to try to avoid the truth of Jehovah and the terror of Yahweh. For many it is just a scholastic issue, but for Homestead Heritage it is the core of their faith, Yahweh-worship, and their prayer rooms will travail .. "ohhhhh yahhhweehh." They are communing with a dark-side entity. And this has been explained to the ministry, who are happy to be priests of yahweh.

Colossians 3:16-17 (AV)
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom;
teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed,
do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Last edited by Steven Avery; 04-14-2022 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
A good starting point is a thread on this forum:

connecting dots - Acts 14 pagan Jupiter is yahweh
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=50557

That began 5 years back, I would be happy to revisit certain issues. There is a lot of indoctrination from mediocre scholarship and seminary studies to try to avoid the truth of Jehovah and the terror of Yahweh. For many it is just a scholastic issue, but for Homestead Heritage it is the core of their faith, Yahweh-worship, and their prayer rooms will travail .. "ohhhhh yahhhweehh." They are communing with a dark-side entity. And this has been explained to the ministry, who are happy to be priests of yahweh.

Colossians 3:16-17 (AV)
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom;
teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed,
do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
I can't access the link you posted. Could you cut and paste all the information which backs up the claim that Yahweh is Zeus?

Yahweh in antiquity and scholarship was always associated with being the son of El Elyon, and his consort was Asherah. I've read your posts before concerning Jupiter/Yahweh, yet through my own research can't find anything that backs up your statements. Please show me anything that has some archeological proof. Could it be Jove and Yah? I've come across that before, but again, no scholarly research on the subject.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

With this group (like any other group) outsiders get distracted with the group's success Bigger buildings, large congregations, and so on. But Roman Catholics and Mormons have buildings, and large followings. Yet, they are as false as a rubber chicken. Just like home town habitat, homegrown hermitage, whatever its called.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I can't access the link you posted. Could you cut and paste all the information which backs up the claim that Yahweh is Zeus?

Yahweh in antiquity and scholarship was always associated with being the son of El Elyon, and his consort was Asherah. I've read your posts before concerning Jupiter/Yahweh, yet through my own research can't find anything that backs up your statements. Please show me anything that has some archeological proof. Could it be Jove and Yah? I've come across that before, but again, no scholarly research on the subject.
strange about the url, since it is a thread on this forum!

A lot of the material is on:

Pure Bible Forum
Jehovah or “Yahweh”?
https://www.purebibleforum.com/index...-or-yahweh.85/

Facebook has had good discussions on
The Creator’s Name
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheCreatorsName/

Yah is fine, the short poetic form of the Tetragram.

Jove == Yahweh (sound)
Jove-pater - father yahweh - Jupiter

Archaeology is mostly peripheral.

Nehemia Gordon has written and spoken on this question, doctorate from Hebrew University.

Lot’s of liberal scholarship resistance .
Old 04-15-2022, 04:24 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
strange about the url, since it is a thread on this forum!

A lot of the material is on:

Pure Bible Forum
Jehovah or “Yahweh”?
https://www.purebibleforum.com/index...-or-yahweh.85/

Facebook has had good discussions on
The Creator’s Name
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheCreatorsName/

Yah is fine, the short poetic form of the Tetragram.

Jove == Yahweh (sound)
Jove-pater - father yahweh - Jupiter

Archaeology is mostly peripheral.

Nehemia Gordon has written and spoken on this question, doctorate from Hebrew University.

Lot’s of liberal scholarship resistance .
Wouldn't you agree that archeological research is left up to our interpretation of the evidence? If we cannot find where Jove was converted into Yahweh, then we don't have the evidence. Also I have dealt with Nehemiah Gordon's material a long time ago. I found that his information is basically compiled for those who know less than he does. Gordon (I don't know about now) but, years ago taught that Matthew was originally written in Hebrew. You have posted these discussion boards before on this forum. Is there any way you can prove here with primary sources concerning the name of Yahweh? I do believe you understand my whole view on this subject, so therefore I'm not asking to start an argument. Just wanting to have the meat and potatoes as to be able to use the Yahweh being Jove argument, which you are presenting here.

The material below is concerning the Jove Yahwe argument. The chapter is dealing with a claim by Rabbi Rosenberg concerning Jove, and Yahweh, meaning Jupiter and Saturn. While the author mentions this Rabbi, cannot find any source material for the rabbi, and his teaching on this subject. Just what was mentioned in this book.

https://anthrosource.onlinelibrary.w....75.4.02a01740

"Jewish and early Christian writings, are connected with Jove and similar names in Indo-European dialects. As a matter of fact, Jove is derived from the root div, which has no phonetic connection with Yahweh, and Yahweh is a normal formation of a familiar Semitic root; there is no reason, therefore, to suspect a borrowing of this name from an Indo-European source. Theories
of linguistic affiliation between Semitic and Indo-European are now
generally abandoned."

https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/do...10.1086/473788

The above excerpt states that Jove was just a Christian replacement for YHVH. Like Kyrios is found in the LXX, as a replacement for elohim, YHVH, and El. So, my question would be, are you just against a certain spelling of the Tetragrammaton?
Old 04-16-2022, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Wouldn't you agree that archeological research is left up to our interpretation of the evidence? If we cannot find where Jove was converted into Yahweh, then we don't have the evidence.
The issue is that the sound of the devil-entities is the same, not that one is etymologically derived from the other. Most of what you have above concern etymological analysis. Evangelicals will often understand that any spirit is invoked by calling on its name.

Nehemia now has a PhD from Bar-Ilan University.

A paper with Pavlos D. Vasileiadis and Nehemia Gordon is:

“Transmission of the Tetragrammaton in Judeo-Greek and Christian Sources”
https://www.academia.edu/38634875/_T...2021_pp_85_126

The New Testament stuff is peripheral, and really can be ignored. It does not relate to his Hebrew expertise and showing how Yehovah is correct, and Yahweh is pagan.

The theophoric names essentially prove that Jehovah is correct.
The Hebrew (rabbi) scholars affirm the true vowels, this is largely new studies post 2000-AD with Nehemia in the lead. The Masoretic Text manuscripts and printed editions shows the vowels. Historically it is fun to watch the debates and you learn quickly that Jehovah is correct, Yahweh is nothing.

However, I never claim to be able to PROVE anything to anybody .

The tetragram is a 3-syllable word with a cholam (O) on the second syllable. The mangling to "Yahweh" is basically a gibberish construction, matching nothing in the Hebrew Bible.

It is impossible for "Jove was just a Christian replacement for YHVH", since the Jove (Yahweh) Latin predates the Christian era.

Last edited by Steven Avery; 04-16-2022 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2022, 02:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
The issue is that the sound of the devil-entities is the same, not that one is etymologically derived from the other. Most of what you have above concern etymological analysis. Evangelicals will often understand that any spirit is invoked by calling on its name.

Nehemia now has a PhD from Bar-Ilan University.

A paper with Pavlos D. Vasileiadis and Nehemia Gordon is:

“Transmission of the Tetragrammaton in Judeo-Greek and Christian Sources”
https://www.academia.edu/38634875/_T...2021_pp_85_126

The New Testament stuff is peripheral, and really can be ignored. It does not relate to his Hebrew expertise and showing how Yehovah is correct, and Yahweh is pagan.

The theophoric names essentially prove that Jehovah is correct.
The Hebrew (rabbi) scholars affirm the true vowels, this is largely new studies post 2000-AD with Nehemia in the lead. The Masoretic Text manuscripts and printed editions shows the vowels. Historically it is fun to watch the debates and you learn quickly that Jehovah is correct, Yahweh is nothing.

However, I never claim to be able to PROVE anything to anybody .

The tetragram is a 3-syllable word with a cholam (O) on the second syllable. The mangling to "Yahweh" is basically a gibberish construction, matching nothing in the Hebrew Bible.

It is impossible for "Jove was just a Christian replacement for YHVH", since the Jove (Yahweh) Latin predates the Christian era.
Do you believe the New Testament was originally penned in Hebrew or Aramaic?
Old 04-17-2022, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

Re: Homestead Heritage in waco txs.

Quote:
Do you believe the New Testament was originally penned in Hebrew or Aramaic?
Most all the NT was originally in Greek.

There are questions on a few books. Mark in Latin or two editions or a Graeco-Lain dialect is very possible. Revelation might have been in Hebrew. Eusebius discusses Hebrews. There was a Matthew Hebrew, no longer extant.
Old 04-20-2022, 09:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Homestead Heritage in waco txs.

Quote:
Most all the NT was originally in Greek.

There are questions on a few books. Mark in Latin or two editions or a Graeco-Lain dialect is very possible. Revelation might have been in Hebrew. Eusebius discusses Hebrews. There was a Matthew Hebrew, no longer extant.
Eusebius was here say, and his theory was based on Papias. Which is highly debatable concerning what Papias was even talking about. Matthew was supposedly writing a logia of Jesus' sayings in Hebrew. The Matthew which we have today isn't "sayings" of Jesus, but the biography of Jesus. Also, if Matthew was written in Hebrew, why would the writer have to explain Aramaic words to his readers? Matthew 27:33, and Matthew 27:46. Also Matthew 16:18 makes absolutely no sense in Hebrew or Aramaic. It's a play on words which only works in the Greek. Peter the piece of rock, the church built on the greater rock. Only Roman Catholics hang onto an Aramaic translation to uphold their beloved Papacy proof, that Peter is the rock which the church would be built upon. Anyway, no Hebrew Revelation. If you would like to see the debate on that subject, we pretty much put that puppy to bed. When Elder LeDeay wanted to claim a Hebrew original for Revelation, because the tribe of DAN was missing from the roster of the 144,000.

As for the Karaite Nehemiah Gordon's idea for a Hebrew Matthew, is based on a work done by the Baal Shem Tov "Rabbi Israel ben Eliezer" A work that we don't even have the original, but copies which were modified by other rabbis. Rabbi Israel ben Eliezer's work on a Hebrew Matthew isn't credible, and is never taken seriously. It was a work to oppose Christianity. The Karaite Nehemiah Gordon's mentor was an anti-missionary Jew, and had no love for Jesus, or His Church. While the Karaite Nehemiah Gordon claims to not be on the same page as his deceased mentor as far as Jesus and His followers go, then why try to feed us the bogus Hebrewism? Is Peter the Rock? I can't seem to picture Peter looking like Dwayne Johnson.

But, thank you for your clarification, to my question. I asked about a Hebrew New Testament. Because the Joe Witnesses to uphold Joe Hovah being necessary the New Testament needed to be originally written in Hebrew. Yet, Alexandria Egypt where Jesus went as a young child was the largest concentration of Judeans outside of Jerusalem. The diaspora lived there, and their majority spoke the worldwide language of Greek. The language of the Roman Empire, whose major documents were all written in Greek. Therefore a document like the Revelation which was to be sent to 7 diaspora churches in Asia minor would need to be (not written in a liturgical language like Hebrew, a language which was pretty much only used in the temple) but Greek. The LXX has no GEE HOVAH no YOUR WAY, or YEEHA WAY. Therefore it wasn't important to them who wrote the LXX, and later the entire New Testament. His name is Jesus, and that's about it. Is Michael Gibson going to be lost as a potato because he calls God Yah, and not Jah? I bring up Michael, because he and I have gone round and round on this very subject. In threads you posted in with us. If the Karaite Nehemiah Gordon is the only primary source you have for me, then I'll have to pass. He is a Christ denier, therefore I don't trust his intentions. Yes, yes, if he said water is wet, he would be stating a truth. But when someone has to go to such lengths to prove their teaching buy saying our New Testament is mangled mess written in a gentile tongue? I have some problems with that line of thought.

As for Homestead Mayhem I know nothing about those jokers. They sound like Twelve tribes without the pony tails, and the gaseous food. Sounds like YEEHAW is the least of their problems.

Again, I appreciate you answering my question, thank you. But, do you think people like Michael Gibson (a poster on this forum) is lost because he calls God YAH? He doesn't refute the name of Jesus, he even uses the name of Jesus, acknowledges the validity of the name of Jesus. He just prefers to use the word YAH, sometimes Jehovah, and the name Yeshua. Any problems with that? I'm not looking for a fight, I'm trying to understand this position you have. I wanted to know more about it a while back so I read some of the forum you posted on. But really couldn't find solid proof of Yahweh being Jupiter. But, now to find out it all goes back to Nehemiah Gordon? If I misrepresented you, or your position I greatly apologize, please forgive me.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 04-20-2022 at 09:18 PM.