Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-18-2018, 11:59 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Irvin Baxter

Irvin Baxter is teaching at UPCI General Conference this year
Current Events in Bible Prophecy

http://www.upcigc.net/seminars/

He teaches a mid trib rapture

Quote:
The Rapture: What do you teach? When is it?
In the Bible, 1 Corinthians describes our final victory: “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed” (1 Corinthians 15:51-52, King James Version). Paul says this occurs at the last trump, which the Bible tells us is the seventh trumpet. 1 Corinthians 15 and Revelation 11:15 are referring to the same thing. For the trumpet shall sound, the dead shall be raised, and we shall be changed.
https://www.endtime.com/faq/
Old 09-19-2018, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

Re: Irvin Baxter

He is post trib unless he has recently changed.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:22 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
okay, I did not know.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Irvin Baxter is teaching at UPCI General Conference this year
Current Events in Bible Prophecy
http://www.upcigc.net/seminars/
He teaches a mid trib rapture
https://www.endtime.com/faq/
There is a problem with that position. Last means Last. The is no secret rapture of the church, but there is a final resurrection of the just and unjust. Revelation 11:18 is the same event as Revelation 20:11-15. In literary terms this technique is call foreshadowing. But the final resurrection happens after the devil is loosed and defeated. All I can say to those afraid of dying for Christ is that it is a blessing to suffer for our King!

Revelation (KJV) 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

This last line is telling in that those who are destroying the earth shall be destroyed. Look around and you will see destruction through weather warfare everywhere.

Revelation 20:11(KJV) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So I know that many will go to Revelation 20:5-6 and say what about the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:5 (KJV) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The first resurrection happened after Christ resurrected gathering those from creation to Christ. Those that were faithful and walked with him: where filled with the Holyghost and resurrected, and the unjust through this time remained in the grave. This first resurrection was prophesied to the children of Israel by Ezekiel. Which proves Israel here on earth was always a type and shadow of the Kingdom of Heaven. It also gave the New Testament believers confidence; in that God had fulfilled his promises to the OT saints, and he will surely fulfill his promises to the NT saints. As I conveyed before a 1000 years is a metaphor for a long period of time and that is the time we are living in today.

Matthew 27:51 (KJV) And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Ezekiel 37:12 (KJV) Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Now I know that some will say that 2Timothy 2:18 warned us about this doctrine. They may have used this event in Matthew 27: 51-52 to discourage the NT saints saying that this was the last resurrection. They may have used Ezekiel for their postulation, but they did not understand the transition from the old to the new covenant. Christ’s blood wiped away all the sins of the faithful before him that the blood of animals could not atone. And Christ made atonement for all those in the future; who put their faith in him, being born again.

2 Timothy 2:18 (KJV) Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

If your understanding of these events are different then explain Matthew 27:51-52. I am not teaching there will not be a final resurrection of the just and the unjust. Like all born again believers before me; living today and forever more, I look for the blessed appearing of my Savior.

Titus 2:13 (KJV) Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Selah
Old 09-19-2018, 08:17 AM
Covenant Apostolic

CO238,
are you amillennial?
are you a partial preterist/historicist?
Old 09-19-2018, 08:55 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

QUOTE=CalledOut238;1549910]There is a problem with that position. Last means Last. The is no secret rapture of the church, but there is a final resurrection of the just and unjust. Revelation 11:18 is the same event as Revelation 20:11-15. In literary terms this technique is call foreshadowing. But the final resurrection happens after the devil is loosed and defeated. All I can say to those afraid of dying for Christ is that it is a blessing to suffer for our King!
Revelation (KJV) 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

This last line is telling in that those who are destroying the earth shall be destroyed. Look around and you will see destruction through weather warfare everywhere.

Revelation 20:11(KJV) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So I know that many will go to Revelation 20:5-6 and say what about the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:5 (KJV) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The first resurrection happened after Christ resurrected gathering those from creation to Christ. Those that were faithful and walked with him: where filled with the Holyghost and resurrected, and the unjust through this time remained in the grave. This first resurrection was prophesied to the children of Israel by Ezekiel. Which proves Israel here on earth was always a type and shadow of the Kingdom of Heaven. It also gave the New Testament believers confidence; in that God had fulfilled his promises to the OT saints, and he will surely fulfill his promises to the NT saints. As I conveyed before a 1000 years is a metaphor for a long period of time and that is the time we are living in today.

Matthew 27:51 (KJV) And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Ezekiel 37:12 (KJV) Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Now I know that some will say that 2Timothy 2:18 warned us about this doctrine. They may have used this event in Matthew 27: 51-52 to discourage the NT saints saying that this was the last resurrection. They may have used Ezekiel for their postulation, but they did not understand the transition from the old to the new covenant. Christ’s blood wiped away all the sins of the faithful before him that the blood of animals could not atone. And Christ made atonement for all those in the future; who put their faith in him, being born again.

2 Timothy 2:18 (KJV) Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

If your understanding of these events are different then explain Matthew 27:51-52. I am not teaching there will not be a final resurrection of the just and the unjust. Like all born again believers before me; living today and forever more, I look for the blessed appearing of my Savior.

Titus 2:13 (KJV) Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Selah[/QUOTE]

That's gonna have my hamster wheel turning all day.
Matthew 27:51 (KJV) And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and *many* bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

So in verse 52 it says MANY bodies of the saints which slept arose, why not all?

Was it that some traditionally counted as being saints were in fact not so saintly so they didn't make the cut?

Or was it just enough brought back to be undisputable what had happened?

Last edited by jediwill83; 09-19-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
That's gonna have my hamster wheel turning all day.

Matthew 27:51 (KJV) And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and *many* bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

So in verse 52 it says MANY bodies of the saints which slept arose, why not all?
This is a stark reminder that once saved always saved is a false teaching. All those who entered into a covenant relationship with our Heavenly Father did not follow the commandments outlined by those covenants. All of the patriarchs and forefathers were our examples and had life and death laid before them. It was the wise saints who chose life. Paul shows in Corinthians that not all who were baptized by the Red Sea pleased God. They are the ones left in the graves for final judgment.

1Corinthians 10:1 (KJV) Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. 6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

Selah
Old 09-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledOut238 View Post
This is a stark reminder that once saved always saved is a false teaching. All those who entered into a covenant relationship with our Heavenly Father did not follow the commandments outlined by those covenants. All of the patriarchs and forefathers were our examples and had life and death laid before them. It was the wise saints who chose life. Paul shows in Corinthians that not all who were baptized by the Red Sea pleased God. They are the ones left in the graves for final judgment.

1Corinthians 10:1 (KJV) Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. 6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

Selah

So whatcha think happened to the resurrected OT saints after they came back? Good thing The Walking Dead wasn't a thing yet or that would have been short lived.."Aim thine arrows at the head Octavius!"

But seriously...did they just die again later? Were they "caught up" later?

Was it just the bodies that were still *fresh*?

Or was there conversations that went like this...

*Ahem* "I'm your great, great, great, great, great great, great grandfather...and who the heck are these baby faced heathens in leather skirts extorting me for taxes and poking me with pointed sticks?"
Old 09-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
So whatcha think happened to the resurrected OT saints after they came back? Good thing The Walking Dead wasn't a thing yet or that would have been short lived.."Aim thine arrows at the head Octavius!"

But seriously...did they just die again later? Were they "caught up" later?

Was it just the bodies that were still *fresh*?

Or was there conversations that went like this...

*Ahem* "I'm your great, great, great, great, great great, great grandfather...and who the heck are these baby faced heathens in leather skirts extorting me for taxes and poking me with pointed sticks?"
funny
Old 09-19-2018, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I, too, was thinking he was post trib. I am surprised he is at any UPCI meeting. I didn't know he was Oneness.