Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-26-2016, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Praise Report

My daughter and her husband have been going through a rough time the past year. A job change that looked like a good opportunity did not work out and my SIL was unemployed for a few months.

He did the right thing by working two part time jobs while searching for a position utilizing his MBA in Business and his job skills in Anti Money Laundering.

A few months ago it looked like he had found a good job with a major European bank that would move him to Miami. The pay made it a lateral move from his last "real" job but much more than his two part time jobs of washing dishes and delivering pizza at night. He was given a firm offer but at the last minute they withdraw the offer because of his credit rating which had gone down because while he was unemployed he could not pay his huge student loan payment and they were behind on a few more bills. He was very discouraged and was resigned to the thought that he would not be able to get any job in his desired field of anti money laundering because of the credit rating.

Then in December out of the blue he received a telephone call from a major company also in Miami who had found out about him from a person who had trained him at his previous job in the AML world. They flew him out to Miami and by the time his plane landed back in Nashville he received an offer that was about 40% more pay than the other banking job he had almost gotten in Miami a few months earlier and that he had been so sad to lose.

He started work January 11th and absolutely loves his job. His wife (my daughter) and kids are still in TN until around May when they will join him.

My daughter has been concerned about living in such a big city with the family vehicle they have since it is 15+ years old and a bit unpredictable.

Tonight she called me sobbing so hard I thought something bad had happened but she managed to squeak out that "no, it is good!". Her husbands favorite aunt had been battling stage 4 cancer and sadly passed away a few days ago. The husband contacted my SIL today to let him know that his aunt had willed him her 2011 Lincoln MKT SUV with low miles on it! It is the perfect vehicle for my daughters family of 5. I now know why my SIL has always thought so much of this aunt. She was a wonderful woman to be thinking of her nephew and his little family and what their needs were as she was dying.

I was so proud of my daughter and SIL as they went through a lot of trials this past year. It seemed like adversity was heaped upon adversity but they trusted in the Lord through it all and were confident things would work out if they were faithful and trusted in God.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-27-2016, 11:03 AM
of 9!! :)

Re: Praise Report

Praising the Lord with you and your daughter and family!
Old 02-27-2016, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MawMaw View Post
Praising the Lord with you and your daughter and family!
Amen!
Old 02-27-2016, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

I love hearing wonderful reports like this! Praising The Lord with you and your family!
Old 02-27-2016, 02:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Anti Money Laundering????

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-27-2016, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Glory to God! Bless his holy name!
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 02-27-2016, 06:07 PM
On the road less traveled

That's awesome, praise God!
Old 02-27-2016, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Anti Money Laundering????
Money transfer companies like Western Union, Moneygram, and the other smaller companies that do the same are all liable for money transfered to support terrorism, launder drug money, etc.

There are fines of hundreds of millions of dollars at stake so they have strong compliance departments that work to prevent money laundering and when it does happen uncover it. There is a lot of work dealing with governmental agencies, the vendors (grocery stores, convenience stores, etc) that offer the services and then detective work examing transaction records for signs of suspicious activity that need to be investigated.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-28-2016, 05:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
My daughter and her husband have been going through a rough time the past year. A job change that looked like a good opportunity did not work out and my SIL was unemployed for a few months.

He did the right thing by working two part time jobs while searching for a position utilizing his MBA in Business and his job skills in Anti Money Laundering.

A few months ago it looked like he had found a good job with a major European bank that would move him to Miami. The pay made it a lateral move from his last "real" job but much more than his two part time jobs of washing dishes and delivering pizza at night. He was given a firm offer but at the last minute they withdraw the offer because of his credit rating which had gone down because while he was unemployed he could not pay his huge student loan payment and they were behind on a few more bills. He was very discouraged and was resigned to the thought that he would not be able to get any job in his desired field of anti money laundering because of the credit rating.

Then in December out of the blue he received a telephone call from a major company also in Miami who had found out about him from a person who had trained him at his previous job in the AML world. They flew him out to Miami and by the time his plane landed back in Nashville he received an offer that was about 40% more pay than the other banking job he had almost gotten in Miami a few months earlier and that he had been so sad to lose.

He started work January 11th and absolutely loves his job. His wife (my daughter) and kids are still in TN until around May when they will join him.

My daughter has been concerned about living in such a big city with the family vehicle they have since it is 15+ years old and a bit unpredictable.

Tonight she called me sobbing so hard I thought something bad had happened but she managed to squeak out that "no, it is good!". Her husbands favorite aunt had been battling stage 4 cancer and sadly passed away a few days ago. The husband contacted my SIL today to let him know that his aunt had willed him her 2011 Lincoln MKT SUV with low miles on it! It is the perfect vehicle for my daughters family of 5. I now know why my SIL has always thought so much of this aunt. She was a wonderful woman to be thinking of her nephew and his little family and what their needs were as she was dying.

I was so proud of my daughter and SIL as they went through a lot of trials this past year. It seemed like adversity was heaped upon adversity but they trusted in the Lord through it all and were confident things would work out if they were faithful and trusted in God.

Praise the Lord! Awesome Testimony!
Old 02-28-2016, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

Praise God for how He works things out!!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."