Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
Good testimony. I remember your dad. He use to come on the radio when I was frist converted in Miami. Use to listen to him , Don Stewart, R.G. Hardy, Bro. Schambach, Rev. Ike (now he was a character!). and many others. I was wondering, and hope you don't mind my asking, how did you, having grown up in the healing, salvation, prosperity era of big tents and big ministries, get into the Apostolic Movement? I know the Lord led you, but was wondering how you moved from that atmosphere into where the Lord has led you?
My father and mother were divorced when I was small I have no memory of them living together, my mother was a devout Southern Baptist. My grandmother was Pentecostal(that no doubt had never heard of the PCI) but that was her mindset she was baptized in Jesus Name in 29. I was filled with the Holy Ghost at 11 years old in Febuary and baptized in Jesus Name in March. We did not have a Oneness church in our town but a church bus picked up folks like me it took a month of begging before mother would allow me to get on that church bus and go a whole 10 miles to church.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:27 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Thank you, Bro. Epley. I was converted just after A. A. Allen died and, living in the Miami area, we went to all the crusades that came to town. Stewart, Schambach, Milton Perry and scores of others. I began attending Bro. Dunns church on 119th Street and he and Bro. Phillips baptized me in Jesus Name. I attended Schambachs meeting (much to Bro Dunns disapproval) and recieved the Holy Ghost. I listened to all the preachers back then on the radio and, because I was so young, really didn't understand the different teachings and doctrines, but they, including your dad, helped me a lot in my Christian walk. Later. I left Miami and returned to southern Indiana where I was raised. I attended Branham Tabernacle for a while and got pretty heavily involved in "the Message" for a time. But, through it all, I never strayed too far from the Apostolic Truth I heard at "the church on 119th St". Thank you for your testimony.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
Thank you, Bro. Epley. I was converted just after A. A. Allen died and, living in the Miami area, we went to all the crusades that came to town. Stewart, Schambach, Milton Perry and scores of others. I began attending Bro. Dunns church on 119th Street and he and Bro. Phillips baptized me in Jesus Name. I attended Schambachs meeting (much to Bro Dunns disapproval) and recieved the Holy Ghost. I listened to all the preachers back then on the radio and, because I was so young, really didn't understand the different teachings and doctrines, but they, including your dad, helped me a lot in my Christian walk. Later. I left Miami and returned to southern Indiana where I was raised. I attended Branham Tabernacle for a while and got pretty heavily involved in "the Message" for a time. But, through it all, I never strayed too far from the Apostolic Truth I heard at "the church on 119th St". Thank you for your testimony.
The 119 the St. Church was truly a great church in it's day. Do you remember the Glossons he got involved with the Branham business and was out of that church also?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:50 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

That was so long ago... the only people I can remember was Bro. Dunn and two brothers by the name of Williams. I was just a kid then... I remember the women coming to church with their hair all up and, during church, their hair got "shouted down" I always thought they had shrunk during the service. Some of them seemed to be a foot or two shorter after church! LOL

Yeah, it was a great church... Bro. Dunn was a good man.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.