Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet > Testimonies
Facebook

Notices

Old 07-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

Delivered from the world.....

God delivered me from the bondage of this world 10 months ago. I want nothing to do with the things of this world but I find my own Apostolic family is in bondage in it. What do I mean? I'll do my best to explain. In the 20 plus years I was backslide and my family remained in church, they have gravitated to the things in this world. For example, I live with my dad and stepmom, they spend all their time in front of the tv. They use slang or even cuss like it's nothing. My dad is a jail minister and my stepmom a Sunday school teacher. Yes, I pray for conviction to gripe their hearts. My dad thinks all is well, my stepmom lives in depression.... Me? Well, all is well. My husband is in jail, right where God put him. So I will stand on God's promise concerning him. My one and only son has a call on his life and he is running, once again, I will stand on God's promise concerning him. In the last two months I have seen the dead raised, God has given me a truck, my license, and 6 months of insurance, I couldn't possibly list all that God has done in time period. I know I have gifts, I have the gift of faith. I am convinced there is NOTHING too hard for the Lord. I am CONVINCED He can do what He has promised. I am part of 2 jail ministry teams, I have a burden for the inmates. So what is my problem? I mean God is opening doors for me that I never imagined, I never would have guessed God would use me like He has. I have a love for the Lord, I tell everyone and anyone that will listen what the Lord has done for me. He spared my life the night He delivered me. I was going to end it.... I asked the Lord to do for me what I could not do for myself, He went above and beyond, I was homeless, a junkie, a whatever I could do not to think or feel, BUT GOD came and set me free. So what is my problem? My parents are slaves to this world and I can't tell them anything because they are blinded and what do I know. You would think I could just move out but I assure you, that's not God's plan at this moment as I feel the Lord loves me but I am waiting on Him. I spend all my time by myself, well I know the Lord is always with me but I crave fellowship, church, worship with others. I know there is power in numbers. I no longer facebook, in 10 months I do not watch tv, I got delivered from the world not to go back, I don't do any social media.... I listen to Apostolic sermons, yes, only men of God FULL of the Holy Ghost, read the word, listen to the word, pray..... but... I don't know what the but is... lol.... I know soon my husband will come home and I know God has work for him as He has let me see it.... but I long for interaction with others who have a love for the Lord.... I feel as though I turn others off by my favorite topic.... Jesus... I am in awe of Jesus and how He loves me.... somebody just pray for me some courage while I wait upon the Lord and how to handle the other situations I am in. Don't get me wrong, ALL IS WELL, I know my King, I know He has a plan, I know the answers are coming, I know that my family will be restored to their first love, I just pray it's soon. I can only believe if me, dad, and ma would team up and be on the same page, just how much more powerful our bound together prayers would be. Thanks for letting me ramble.....

Last edited by mendybug5; 07-04-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:01 AM
Banned

Re: Delivered from the world.....

well, i feel what you're going through. it sounds like you are in a 'pick up your cross' place right now, and it might help you to see that you are having a profound impact on those around you just by being yourself; that is "witness" to me--not spouting religious phrases at the uninitiated, which will just cause them to relate you to religion, which arguably Christ is not even in! As far as the parents go, i am in the same situation; and i have been shown that they are of a different generation, so there is a sense in which we do not even speak the same language. So i don't really converse with them a lot (they are believers), but i have seen my impact mostly in the change in how i'm treated--i was a lifelong addict until about 10 years ago, so (although i never stole from them or anything) was initially treated with suspicion; now i have the keys. It's the way you handle the little things, in grace, that have an impact on people. you're in my prayers.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:08 AM
On the road less traveled

I will be praying for you, and for your family, and that the Lord continues to lead and guide you where He wants you to be.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

Old 07-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
I will be praying for you, and for your family, and that the Lord continues to lead and guide you where He wants you to be.
Me too.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 07-05-2014, 11:51 AM
of 9!! :)

So glad you found your way back to God!

I will be in prayer with you for your family!

May God use you mightily!
Old 07-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

The prayers from everyone are certainly appreciated. I know God is moving and I am excited about something wonderful on the way. I don't what, when or where but I certainly know who..... Jesus! Awhile back someone told me, "if you can just hold on during the rumble in the cockpit, you will hear your sonic boom! Thank the Lord I have a big mouth, I can shout above the rumble.... I have to giggle, the Lord has been putting me some "fellowship" in my path.... He knows, He cares and what just blows my mind is, He cares about the little things, I am talking about just a fleeting thought/want...... Today He gave me Psalm 46, yeah, it's a good day to praise the Lord. I am reminded of when David was in the cave.... I guess seclusion is not the worst. Most appropriately I will add each of you in my prayers.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

What you are witnessing is an epidemic in Pentecost. Many are walking away from the consecration they once had. Pray for your family and continue to follow after Jesus.
My Pastor backslid as a child and came back in his 30s. He has often said that the movement he left is not the same one he came back to. But there is still a remnant who love God and Holiness and are seeing revival.

Also...I would highly recommend Holy Ghost Radio. It is an online radio station that streams good Apostolic preaching 24/7. It is very popular among conservative holiness Apostolics.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

I love Holy Ghost radio!! I listen to it all the time. One of my other favorite things to check out is Kenraggio.com
Old 04-15-2019, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendybug5 View Post
I love Holy Ghost radio!! I listen to it all the time. One of my other favorite things to check out is Kenraggio.com
I loved your testimonies, but I see it's been a couple years now. Maybe you don't come on here anymore but I'd love to hear how you're doing since you poured out your heart here. Thanks.