Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Re: New Branhamite Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeamOK View Post
The misinformation one can get about William Branham from the uninformed is incredible. On this page alone, I find several errors. Bro. Branham's recorded tapes are closer to 1100 not 100. He did not say women were "walking sexual garbage cans" (NOT an exact quote as stated) but rather an IMMORAL woman was a "human garbage can." There was a time that many "Holiness Preachers" made statements similar to that. He certainly did not preach any message called a "Rib Message."

By his own words, he did not consider himself Oneness or Trinitarian, even though he preached One God manifested in three dispensational offices.

I just thought I should make an attempt to correct the record. (In a good attitude, of course.) :-)
Regardless of the exact verbiage, the tone of many of his statements about women were demeaning, ungodly and unbiblical. It's hard for me, as a woman, to trust the integrity of anyone who would follow a man with such a mindset.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 08-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

When Branham spoke of women, positive or negative, wasn't he trying to compare the condition of women to the condition of the church(es)?

Doesn't the bible compare the relationship between a husband and wife to Christ and the Bride? Isn't Christ the head of the church as the husband is the head of the wife?
so we see that a church is a woman or wife.

see these scriptures for an immoral woman...
Rev.17
(1) Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
(2) With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
(4) And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
(5) And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
(please read for yourselves Rev.17:1-6;15-18, and Rev.18:2-10)

This is describing an immoral woman, but the meaning is the condition of the false church (spiritual fornication), and symbolizing it as an immoral woman. Does the language have to be so strong? Is this calling a spirit filled church, the bride of Christ, a holy and honorable woman, calling her a low-down and filthy WHORE? NO! It sounds like a 'garbage can' to me, a complete 'sex-exposual'. Can you distinguish between the righteous virtuous Bride of Christ, and a Spiritual Prostitute (Satan's Bride)?

Now look at the contrast how it speaks of Christ's Bride...

Rev.19
(7) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
(8) And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
(9) And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb.
Rev.21
(2) And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
(9b) Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
(10) And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
(11) Having the glory of God: and her light [was] like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

See, she's a beautifully adorned, holy city. She has absolutely nothing in common with the first woman mentioned, except that they are both female.

The point I'm trying to make is you can speak of 'churches' with different descriptions. Bare this in mind that you can do the same for the natural counterpart, the woman.

Holy Church/Immoral Church;
Holy Women/Immoral Women.

I sincerely hope this is understood. If not, and you've really studied it and want to understand, please ask questions respectfully.

truthseeker
Old 09-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Tape Boy

This my first post and happened upon this site. I read the above posts and I am a "tape boy" that term simply means I hear the purest form of the Word brought to us in this generation through God's "vindicated" servent brother Branham.

I do not know everything or claim to have answers for all your questions, but I know where to find all the answers to your questions of brother Branham's beliefs. It's on tape.

brother Joseph Branham has two web sites www.branham.org and
[url]www.youngfoundations.org

On the first site there is a click on "Message Search" and "Multi Media" Audio and Video.

I confess I do not put much faith in any one trying to interject there ideas with brother Branhams over their pulpits, so it does not matter what any one thinks or quotes what someone said of what someone heard brother Branham believes for it's all on tape streaming for your convenience. You can print his sermon and follow in the booklet. I believe many people misquoted him that is why he said... if you hear I said something, if you do not hear it on tape don't believe it.

Brother Branham passed away 45 years ago and he is still preaching in every nation in the world by millions on a daily basis to this day on tape. His ministry is greater now than it was then.

I know the Branham's personally for over 30 years, Joseph and Billy Paul. In private or public they are real christians. There is nothing scary about them nor the tapes and sermons they are producing of their father. Those tapes made us realize that Jesus Christ is the same today living in us as promised in the scripture.

The Word must be line upon line, word upon word. To base my opinions on his belief I would not quote brother Branham by one small quote nor do I quote the Scripture that way.

Most ministers I have met that speak of him, never have heard brother Branham preach including a lot of his so called followers. Yet it is availible for free to whom ever to hear word for word what he says.

Does anyone of you know of anyone who knew brother Branham or was in his meetings?

I would like to talk to them. Positive or Negative it does not matter.

Thank you and God Bless each one of you here.

Last edited by Wood Doctor; 09-27-2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Doctor View Post
This my first post and happened upon this site. I read the above posts and I am a "tape boy" that term simply means I hear the purest form of the Word brought to us in this generation through God's "vindicated" servent brother Branham.

I do not know everything or claim to have answers for all your questions, but I know where to find all the answers to your questions of brother Branham's beliefs. It's on tape.

brother Joseph Branham has two web sites www.branham.org and
[url]www.youngfoundations.org

On the first site there is a click on "Message Search" and "Multi Media" Audio and Video.

I confess I do not put much faith in any one trying to interject there ideas with brother Branhams over their pulpits, so it does not matter what any one thinks or quotes what someone said of what someone heard brother Branham believes for it's all on tape streaming for your convenience. You can print his sermon and follow in the booklet. I believe many people misquoted him that is why he said... if you hear I said something, if you do not hear it on tape don't believe it.

Brother Branham passed away 45 years ago and he is still preaching in every nation in the world by millions on a daily basis to this day on tape. His ministry is greater now than it was then.

I know the Branham's personally for over 30 years, Joseph and Billy Paul. In private or public they are real christians. There is nothing scary about them nor the tapes and sermons they are producing of their father. Those tapes made us realize that Jesus Christ is the same today living in us as promised in the scripture.

The Word must be line upon line, word upon word. To base my opinions on his belief I would not quote brother Branham by one small quote nor do I quote the Scripture that way.

Most ministers I have met that speak of him, never have heard brother Branham preach including a lot of his so called followers. Yet it is availible for free to whom ever to hear word for word what he says.

Does anyone of you know of anyone who knew brother Branham or was in his meetings?

I would like to talk to them. Positive or Negative it does not matter.

Thank you and God Bless each one of you here.
Bro. Steve Epley would be a good source.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 12-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Registered Member

Thought I might be able to shed some light upon the "Branhamite" question, though that might have been done elsewhere already. A bit about my history:

I grew up in a Branham church. I left it after having some serious unanswered questions at about 20 years old. I was told I didn't have the "revelation" to understand, and was soundly berated by the pastor of said church. I still have family who are a part of the church. I am now a Christ follower.

Quite simply, they are a loosely affiliated cult. There are many doctrinal and serious theological errors within the Message churches, which is what they like to call themselves. Not Branhamites. I'll enumerate just a few here:

William Marian Branham is their prophet for this church age. They believe that he is the fulfillment of Malachi 4. (Not John the baptist. Apparently he left some work undone.)

In Rev, where it talks about the 7 church ages, they believe that each time period in history is a church age (don't remember all of them off my head...but) from Laodicea... Luther, Wesley, Branham. Martin Luther was the "prophet" for the Luthern church age, John Wesley for the Wesleyan church age, and Branham for this "church age" until branham himself comes back to Earth at Jesus's second coming of Christ.

They believe in Serpent's Seed doctrine, that Eve had sex with a serpent and produced Cain.

They reject the trinity, and oneness. I'm still not entirely sure where they stand on the Godhead; it's one of those questions I posed to my pastor at the time and was rebuked for.

They believe the RCC is EVIL! The Whore talked about in Rev. is the RCC.

They believe that WMB's healing ministry vindicates him as a true prophet of God. There are some pretty serious doubts about his "healings".

There are about 1100 sermons. You can, as one poster stated, find the text of these online, and probably the audio as well.

The church I grew up in was very open compared to other churches within the Message. I have visited other message churches while growing up, including the one in Jeffersonville, Lee Vayle's in Ohio, one in S. Carolina, one in Mississippi, a couple in Michigan. The dress code is not as strict for one. And though I hear a lot of other churches in the message are very degrading to women, the one I grew up in was not as. I say not as, because the whole of the WMB message is pretty degrading to women in general, and yes, some of that rubs off. The men didn't treat the women poorly,
as a rule. But there were definite gender roles and woman's place was not one of Godly submission, but that of total submission to the husband. I also didn't like quotes coming from a supposed "Prophet" that said the following:

This was my remark then, "They're not worth a good clean bullet to kill them with it." That's right. And I hated women. That's right. And I just have to watch every move now, to keep from still thinking the same thing.
MY.LIFE.STORY_ LA.CA FOOTPRINTS.BOOK SUNDAY_ 59-0419A

Anyway, I'm open to any questions or comments you might have regarding the Message.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simer1mh View Post
Thought I might be able to shed some light upon the "Branhamite" question, though that might have been done elsewhere already. A bit about my history:

I grew up in a Branham church. I left it after having some serious unanswered questions at about 20 years old. I was told I didn't have the "revelation" to understand, and was soundly berated by the pastor of said church. I still have family who are a part of the church. I am now a Christ follower.

Quite simply, they are a loosely affiliated cult. There are many doctrinal and serious theological errors within the Message churches, which is what they like to call themselves. Not Branhamites. I'll enumerate just a few here:

William Marian Branham is their prophet for this church age. They believe that he is the fulfillment of Malachi 4. (Not John the baptist. Apparently he left some work undone.)

In Rev, where it talks about the 7 church ages, they believe that each time period in history is a church age (don't remember all of them off my head...but) from Laodicea... Luther, Wesley, Branham. Martin Luther was the "prophet" for the Luthern church age, John Wesley for the Wesleyan church age, and Branham for this "church age" until branham himself comes back to Earth at Jesus's second coming of Christ.

They believe in Serpent's Seed doctrine, that Eve had sex with a serpent and produced Cain.

They reject the trinity, and oneness. I'm still not entirely sure where they stand on the Godhead; it's one of those questions I posed to my pastor at the time and was rebuked for.

They believe the RCC is EVIL! The Whore talked about in Rev. is the RCC.

They believe that WMB's healing ministry vindicates him as a true prophet of God. There are some pretty serious doubts about his "healings".

There are about 1100 sermons. You can, as one poster stated, find the text of these online, and probably the audio as well.

The church I grew up in was very open compared to other churches within the Message. I have visited other message churches while growing up, including the one in Jeffersonville, Lee Vayle's in Ohio, one in S. Carolina, one in Mississippi, a couple in Michigan. The dress code is not as strict for one. And though I hear a lot of other churches in the message are very degrading to women, the one I grew up in was not as. I say not as, because the whole of the WMB message is pretty degrading to women in general, and yes, some of that rubs off. The men didn't treat the women poorly,
as a rule. But there were definite gender roles and woman's place was not one of Godly submission, but that of total submission to the husband. I also didn't like quotes coming from a supposed "Prophet" that said the following:

This was my remark then, "They're not worth a good clean bullet to kill them with it." That's right. And I hated women. That's right. And I just have to watch every move now, to keep from still thinking the same thing.

Anyway, I'm open to any questions or comments you might have regarding the Message.
How do people justify following a man who could say he hated women and thinking they should be killed?
I don't understand why that wouldn't make every man, woman and child run not walk for the exit of any church under his belief system.
That's rotten to the core fruit.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Sister Alvear

I went to a couple meetings growing up...listened to hundreds of tapes and read his articles and a few books...I know many close (at one time) friends that fell into that doctrine and their homes were destroyed by the rib message. Long before WB the serpent seed doctrine was in existance...
I wrote a booklet in Brazil refuting his teachings on marriage and divorce...
He may at one time been true blue I am not his judge but his teachings make him a false prophet. He may have been a good man....nothing personal...except we must compare his teaching to the REAL word of the LORD...

I personally know as mentioned before many good people that his doctrine ruined their homes and ministries...While I believe in the 5 fold ministry there is NO ONE PROPHET for today like there is NO ONE PASTOR...Gifts were given to men...not just A MAN for a space of time...
I am traveling today and do not have time to spend here or good internet connections...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 12-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandie View Post
How do people justify following a man who could say he hated women and thinking they should be killed?
I don't understand why that wouldn't make every man, woman and child run not walk for the exit of any church under his belief system.
That's rotten to the core fruit.
Hey Sandie, just to give some context to the quote above and then you can judge for yourself. Here's from that sermon. My comments are in the parentheses.

Now, I’m called a “woman-hater,” you know that, because I’m
always kind of against women, but not against you Sisters. I’m just
against the way modern women act. That’s right. Good women
should be packed along.
But I can remember when my father’s still up there running, I had to be out there with water and stuff, see young ladies that wasn’t over seventeen, eighteen years old, up there with men my age
now, drunk. And they’d have to sober them up and give them black
coffee, to get home to cook their husband’s supper. Oh, something
like that, I said, “I^” This was my remark then (before he was saved), “They’re not worth a good clean bullet to kill them with it.” That’s right. And I hated women (again, before he was saved). That’s right. And I just have to watch every move now, to keep from still thinking the same thing. (Branham had to be renewed in mind like everyone of us too, ergo Rom 12:1) So, but now, a good woman is a jewel in a man’s crown. She should be honored. She^My mother’s a woman, my wife is, and they’re lovely. And I’ve got thousands of Christian Sisters who I highly respect. But if_if they can respect what God made them, a motherhood and a real queen, that’s all right. She’s one of the best
things that God could give a man, was a wife. Besides salvation, a
wife is the best thing if she is a good wife
. But if she isn’t, Solomon
said, “A good woman is a jewel in a man’s crown, but a_an ornery
one or no-good one is water in his blood.
” (Proverbs 12:4, not exactly word for word quotation) And that’s right, it’s the worst thing could happen. So a good woman^If you’ve got a good wife, brother, you ought to respect her with the highest. That’s right,you should do that. A real woman! And, children, if you’ve got a real mother that stays home and tries to take care of you, keeping your clothes clean, sends you to school, teaching you about Jesus, you should honor that sweet old mother with all that’s in you. You should respect that woman, yes, sir, because she’s a real mother.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 12-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
I went to a couple meetings growing up...listened to hundreds of tapes and read his articles and a few books...I know many close (at one time) friends that fell into that doctrine and their homes were destroyed by the rib message. Long before WB the serpent seed doctrine was in existance...
I wrote a booklet in Brazil refuting his teachings on marriage and divorce...
He may at one time been true blue I am not his judge but his teachings make him a false prophet. He may have been a good man....nothing personal...except we must compare his teaching to the REAL word of the LORD...

I personally know as mentioned before many good people that his doctrine ruined their homes and ministries...While I believe in the 5 fold ministry there is NO ONE PROPHET for today like there is NO ONE PASTOR...Gifts were given to men...not just A MAN for a space of time...
I am traveling today and do not have time to spend here or good internet connections...
Sis Alvear, I know you are busy, but when you get the chance, could you summarize his teachings on marriage and divorce. Thanks
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 12-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
Hey Sandie, just to give some context to the quote above and then you can judge for yourself. Here's from that sermon. My comments are in the parentheses.

Now, I’m called a “woman-hater,” you know that, because I’m
always kind of against women, but not against you Sisters. I’m just
against the way modern women act. That’s right. Good women
should be packed along.
But I can remember when my father’s still up there running, I had to be out there with water and stuff, see young ladies that wasn’t over seventeen, eighteen years old, up there with men my age
now, drunk. And they’d have to sober them up and give them black
coffee, to get home to cook their husband’s supper. Oh, something
like that, I said, “I^” This was my remark then (before he was saved), “They’re not worth a good clean bullet to kill them with it.” That’s right. And I hated women (again, before he was saved). That’s right. And I just have to watch every move now, to keep from still thinking the same thing. (Branham had to be renewed in mind like everyone of us too, ergo Rom 12:1) So, but now, a good woman is a jewel in a man’s crown. She should be honored. She^My mother’s a woman, my wife is, and they’re lovely. And I’ve got thousands of Christian Sisters who I highly respect. But if_if they can respect what God made them, a motherhood and a real queen, that’s all right. She’s one of the best
things that God could give a man, was a wife. Besides salvation, a
wife is the best thing if she is a good wife
. But if she isn’t, Solomon
said, “A good woman is a jewel in a man’s crown, but a_an ornery
one or no-good one is water in his blood.
” (Proverbs 12:4, not exactly word for word quotation) And that’s right, it’s the worst thing could happen. So a good woman^If you’ve got a good wife, brother, you ought to respect her with the highest. That’s right,you should do that. A real woman! And, children, if you’ve got a real mother that stays home and tries to take care of you, keeping your clothes clean, sends you to school, teaching you about Jesus, you should honor that sweet old mother with all that’s in you. You should respect that woman, yes, sir, because she’s a real mother.
Well, that puts a whole new light on the subject.
It's why I asked the question to the poster, how on earth could anyone stay with a church whose founder believed that.
Thanks for putting it into context.