Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-23-2017, 07:36 AM
Banned

Re: Bringing Protest & Disruption To Church:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
A little weak? I guess the Moabites were just a little weak worshipping Chemosh when Phineas rose up. The Ammonites were a little weak on infanticide when worshipping Molech. The Israelites were just a little weak when they worshipped Baal.
No one orders women to abort. It's an individual choice. Yet I don't see the church rebuking or throwing out women who have had abortions. Why? Because, as I've been saying, it's only about politics, not true morality. If we banned abortion today, Republicans wouldn't know what to do. They need the issue to win elections. They need babies dying to get Christians mobilized to vote for them. What you're not seeing is that Republicans benefit from abortion being legal more than Democrats.

By the way, the nations with the lowest abortion rates in the world (per capita) are.... Belgium and Switzerland. Oh, and abortion is legal in these countries. They are liberal social democracies. While liberalism advocates choice...it also tends to make abortion more rare. But look at Mexico, who has stronger abortion laws than we do.... the abortion rate is nearly twice our own per capita. Conservative policies would prohibit abortion.... but their policies do little to reduce the actual abortion rate. In fact, abortions tend to increase as conservatives wreck the economy. So it can be argued that while conservatives would prohibit abortion.... their policies only increase the abortion rate.

Quote:
They condone and bless what God hates and has pronounced as wicked and detestable perversion.
Some do. Others, like myself, simply see the issue as a civil rights issue. I would never bless a gay marriage, but I feel you should have the right to marry whomever you choose.

Quote:
Who is doing all the homosexual marriages?
Is it our business? Right to privacy.

Quote:
Who is ordaining lesbians and gay men to preach?
Liberal churches, Buddhism, Hinduism, and other religions that don't see homosexuality as a sin. It's called... Religious liberty.

Quote:
Who is saying that muslims are saved, Buddhists are saved, indeed everyone is saved, but liberal "Christians"?
Not every liberal Christian. I'm rather liberal, but I don't think that all people are saved. However, most of us are willing to have interfaith dialogue to share the Gospel and better understand our neighbors.

Quote:
Who in your opinion are really about 80% Christian?
Those who truly understand our calling.
Love Thy Neighbor...

Thy Homeless Neighbor

Thy Muslim Neighbor

Thy Black Neighbor

Thy Gay Neighbor

Thy White Neighbor

Thy Jewish Neighbor

Thy Transgendered Neighbor

Thy Christian Neighbor

Thy Atheist Neighbor

Thy Addicted Neighbor
Quote:
This is so ridiculous I have to stop.
Actually, you have important questions. They are valuable to the discussion.

Quote:
Good luck with all that nonsense. Go save the world. I'm just not sure what exactly they need to be saved from.....
Maybe bad healthcare.
I know, people from Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Canada are just swamping our boarders to escape their bad healthcare systems. LOL

Dude, no system is perfect. And yes, each nation's citizens will gripe about those imperfections. But if you ask them point black if they'd rather have what they currently have or if they'd rather have what American has... the vast majority find it absolutely laughable that we'd even ask. They will keep their systems over ours any day. Most pushing to privatize their systems... are invested in the private medical industry. They stand to gain profit... it's not about service.

The glorious thing about the internet is that you can go to a Canadian forum and discuss healthcare with them. I have friends and family that live in Ontario. But if you don't, try the forums. They can be eye opening.

Last edited by Aquila; 02-23-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Why is it that every time you post something related to politics, you seem to become more and more unhinged? I worry about you, truly.
I didn't write the article. lol

However, I do think the point is pretty good. We are increasingly seeing churches indoctrinating people with this right-wing fascist philosophy. Why keep protesting on the edges of the problem? Take the protest and disruption to the source.

I might seem unhinged to some. But I'm not. What's "unhinged" to me is...all the boot-licking praise that Christians are giving Trump.... and the man is clearly an unbalanced, fascist, buffoon.

Last edited by Aquila; 02-23-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:08 AM
Covenant Apostolic

http://christianciv.com/blog/index.p...gration-table/

Jay Leno, not long before he left the Tonight Show, made the joke that “illegal immigrants” should be called “undocumented Democrats.” The joke is funny because it is true. Granting illegal aliens a path to citizenship will expand the voting base of the Democratic party, and thus advance the agenda of the Democratic party. About two-thirds of Latinos believe in the welfare state.[5] And while the Republican Party is not innocent of this, the Democratic Party is the party most committed to replacing America’s Christian foundations with secularism.

It’s true that many illegal immigrants are Roman Catholic and not in favor of homosexual marriage, but that cannot hold up to a few generations of them being educated in government schools, which are dominated by secularist ideology. Because the secularists control the education of the children, they own the future.[6]

As Hitler recognized, government education is a valuable tool for promoting a statist ideology: “When an opponent declares, ‘I will not come over to your side,’ I calmly say, ‘Your child belongs to us already. . . . What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.’”[7]

Therefore another implication of these Christian evangelicals demanding a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants is that it will accelerate the erosion of Christianity in the United States. That is the opposite direction that the Great Commission commands – to disciple all nations to obey all of Christ’s commands (Matt. 28:18-20), which includes Christ’s command to obey the moral law of the Old Testament (Matt. 5:17-19).

Last edited by Amanah; 02-23-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Please read this Bible dictionary entry and share your thoughts:

Holman Bible Dictionary

Justice

The order God seeks to reestablish in His creation where all people receive the benefits of life with Him. As love is for the New Testament, so justice is the central ethical idea of the Old Testament. The frequency of justice is sometimes missed by the reader due to a failure to realize that the wide range of the Hebrew word mishpat , particularly in passages that deal with the material and social necessities of life.

Nature of justice Justice has two major aspects. First, it is the standard by which penalties are assigned for breaking the obligations of the society. Second, justice is the standard by which the advantages of social life are handed out, including material goods, rights of participation, opportunities, and liberties. It is the standard for both punishment and benefits and thus can be spoken of as a plumb line. “I shall use justice as a plumb-line, and righteousness as a plummet” (Isaiah 28:17 , REB).

Often people think of justice in the Bible only in the first sense as God's wrath on evil. This aspect of justice indeed is present, such as the judgment mentioned in John 3:19 . Often more vivid words like “wrath” are used to describe punitive justice (Romans 1:18 ).

Justice in the Bible very frequently also deals with benefits. Cultures differ widely in determining the basis by which the benefits are to be justly distributed. For some it is by birth and nobility. For others the basis is might or ability or merit. Or it might simply be whatever is the law or whatever has been established by contracts. The Bible takes another possibility. Benefits are distributed according to need. Justice then is very close to love and grace. God “executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and loves the strangers, providing them food and clothing” (Deuteronomy 10:18 , NRSV; compare Hosea 10:12 ; Isaiah 30:18 ).

Various needy groups are the recipients of justice. These groups include widows, orphans, resident aliens (also called “sojourners” or “strangers”), wage earners, the poor, and prisoners, slaves, and the sick (Job 29:12-17 ; Psalm 146:7-9 ; Malachi 3:5 ). Each of these groups has specific needs which keep its members from being able to participate in aspects of the life of their community. Even life itself might be threatened. Justice involves meeting those needs. The forces which deprive people of what is basic for community life are condemned as oppression (Micah 2:2 ; Ecclesiastes 4:1 ). To oppress is to use power for one's own advantage in depriving others of their basic rights in the community (see Mark 12:40 ). To do justice is to correct that abuse and to meet those needs (Isaiah 1:17 ). Injustice is depriving others of their basic needs or failing to correct matters when those rights are not met (Jeremiah 5:28 ; Job 29:12-17 ). Injustice is either a sin of commission or of omission.

The content of justice, the benefits which are to be distributed as basic rights in the community, can be identified by observing what is at stake in the passages in which “justice,” “righteousness,” and “judgment” occur. The needs which are met include land (Ezekiel 45:6-9 ; compare Micah 2:2 ; Micah 4:4 ) and the means to produce from the land, such as draft animals and millstones (Deuteronomy 22:1-4 ; Deuteronomy 24:6 ). These productive concerns are basic to securing other essential needs and thus avoiding dependency; thus the millstone is called the “life” of the person (Deuteronomy 24:6 ). Other needs are those essential for mere physical existence and well being: food (Deuteronomy 10:18 ; Psalm 146:7 ), clothing (Deuteronomy 24:13 ), and shelter (Psalm 68:6 ; Job 8:6 ). Job 22:5-9 ,Job 22:5-9,22:23 ; Job 24:1-12 decries the injustice of depriving people of each one of these needs, which are material and economic. The equal protection of each person in civil and judicial procedures is represented in the demand for due process ( Deuteronomy 16:18-20 ). Freedom from bondage is comparable to not being “in hunger and thirst, in nakedness and lack of everything” (Deuteronomy 28:48 NRSV).

Justice presupposes God's intention for people to be in community. When people had become poor and weak with respect to the rest of the community, they were to be strengthened so that they could continue to be effective members of the community—living with them and beside them (Leviticus 25:35-36 ). Thus biblical justice restores people to community. By justice those who lacked the power and resources to participate in significant aspects of the community were to be strengthened so that they could. This concern in Leviticus 25:1 is illustrated by the provision of the year of Jubilee, in which at the end of the fifty year period land is restored to those who had lost it through sale or foreclosure of debts ( Leviticus 25:28 ). Thus they regained economic power and were brought back into the economic community. Similarly, interest on loans was prohibited (Leviticus 25:36 ) as a process which pulled people down, endangering their position in the community.

These legal provisions express a further characteristic of justice. Justice delivers; it does not merely relieve the immediate needs of those in dire straits (Psalm 76:9 ; Isaiah 45:8 ; Isaiah 58:11 ; Isaiah 62:1-2 ). Helping the needy means setting them back on their feet, giving a home, leading to prosperity, restoration, ending the oppression (Psalm 68:5-10 ; Psalm 10:15-16 ; compare 107; Psalm 113:7-9 ). Such thorough justice can be socially disruptive. In the Jubilee year as some receive back lands, others lose recently-acquired additional land. The advantage to some is a disadvantage to others. In some cases the two aspects of justice come together. In the act of restoration, those who were victims of justice receive benefits while their exploiters are punished (1 Samuel 2:7-10 ; compare Luke 1:51-53 ; Luke 6:20-26 ).

The source of justice As the sovereign Creator of the universe, God is just (Psalm 99:1-4 ; Genesis 18:25 ; Deuteronomy 32:4 ; Jeremiah 9:24 ), particularly as the defender of all the oppressed of the earth (Psalm 76:9 ; Psalm 103:6 ; Jeremiah 49:11 ). Justice thus is universal (Psalm 9:7-9 ) and applies to each covenant or dispensation. Jesus affirmed for His day the centrality of the Old Testament demand for justice (Matthew 23:23 ). Justice is the work of the New Testament people of God (James 1:27 ).

God's justice is not a distant external standard. It is the source of all human justice (Proverbs 29:26 ; 2Chronicles 19:6,2 Chronicles 19:9 ). Justice is grace received and grace shared (2 Corinthians 9:8-10 ).

The most prominent human agent of justice is the ruler. The king receives God's justice and is a channel for it (Psalm 72:1 ; compare Romans 13:1-2 ,Romans 13:1-2,13:4 ). There is not a distinction between a personal, voluntary justice and a legal, public justice. The same caring for the needy groups of the society is demanded of the ruler (Psalm 72:4 ; Ezekiel 34:4 ; Jeremiah 22:15-16 ). Such justice was also required of pagan rulers (Daniel 4:27 ; Proverbs 31:8-9 ).

Justice is also a central demand on all people who bear the name of God. Its claim is so basic that without it other central demands and provisions of God are not acceptable to God. Justice is required to be present with the sacrificial system (Amos 5:21-24 ; Micah 6:6-8 ; Isaiah 1:11-17 ; Matthew 5:23-24 ), fasting (Isaiah 58:1-10 ), tithing (Matthew 23:23 ), obedience to the other commandments (Matthew 19:16-21 ), or the presence of the Temple of God (Jeremiah 7:1-7 ).

Justice in salvation Apart from describing God's condemnation of sin, Paul used the language and meaning of justice to speak of personal salvation. “The righteousness of God” represents God in grace bringing into the community of God through faith in Christ those who had been outside of the people of God (particularly in Romans but compare also Ephesians 2:12-13 ). See Law; Government ; Poverty ; Righteousness ; Welfare.

Stephen Charles Mott
Your position is the conservative distortion of reality. As a Christian moderate who is quite liberal, I assure you that there are many Christians who disagree with your narrow interpretation.

What would have happened if Christians were silent throughout history regarding religious liberty, slavery, women's suffrage, child labor, equality under the law? The Christian sense of social justice shaped the entire Western world. Notice, conservatism has neutralized modern Christianity to only focusing upon gay marriage and abortion. And sadly, it's only focused on advocating their prohibition, not necessarily addressing the deeper issues that lead to these problems.
A - we continue to speak at cross purposes. I have done many studies in the Biblical economy and other kinds of economies. If you want an interesting non-biblical study, start looking at how the growing of rice versus the growing of wheat resulted in different societies/cultures. But that is neither here nor there.
While I would agree the our Christianity in the USA is too wrapped up in patriotism, in some regards, I would also state that the left is very much wrapped up in anti-Christianism.
Lastly, (I don't have time for more than hit and run post today, due to visitors from Europe at the office), there is a difference between what you are terming as "social justice" and the government taking money from one person and giving it to another.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:40 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
It's interesting many republicans/Christians are taking a stand against Muslims and Jihad, and open immigration.

And many on the left are taking a stand against Christianity and blaming Christianity for the resistance to their agenda of abortion, LGBT rights, ect.

Our world is spinning out of control in ways I would have never imagined just 10 years ago, and the only hope is that God would raise up prophets that will call our country to repentance, prayer, and consecration for a world wide revival.

Rise up men of God and call us to repentance, prayer and revival.
Christians need to repent from "...taking a stand against Muslims and Jihad, and open immigration.??"
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 02-23-2017, 08:50 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I didn't write the article. lol

However, I do think the point is pretty good. We are increasingly seeing churches indoctrinating people with this right-wing fascist philosophy. Why keep protesting on the edges of the problem? Take the protest and disruption to the source.

I might seem unhinged to some. But I'm not. What's "unhinged" to me is...all the boot-licking praise that Christians are giving Trump.... and the man is clearly an unbalanced, fascist, buffoon.
This worldly government is not the Christian government. Ours is Heaven based. While I believe we should advocate against evils (homosexuality, abortion, etc), Jesus did not call us to convert our government into a Christian one (though I'm extremely grateful ours is based on Judeo-Christian values, it's not "Christian" per se). Jesus said 'render unto Caesar what is Caesar's', not 'convince Caesar to support the homeless, the widowed, the orphaned, etc'. That's the job of the church, not the government. Any time government gets involved, the situation gets 10 times worse.

Your advocacy to get government involved in our affairs is the problem, not our attempts to get the government out of it. We are advocating that the care of the homeless, widowed, orphaned, infirm, etc. be the job of the church and not that of the state. When the state instituted welfare, that was the beginning of the end of our country. The end may yet be a long ways off (we can only pray), but it will come so long as we allow the government to decide who is and is not worthy of welfare and take money from others to support it.

It's not noble to forcibly take from others, which is what the government does.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
http://christianciv.com/blog/index.p...gration-table/

Jay Leno, not long before he left the Tonight Show, made the joke that “illegal immigrants” should be called “undocumented Democrats.” The joke is funny because it is true. Granting illegal aliens a path to citizenship will expand the voting base of the Democratic party, and thus advance the agenda of the Democratic party. About two-thirds of Latinos believe in the welfare state.[5] And while the Republican Party is not innocent of this, the Democratic Party is the party most committed to replacing America’s Christian foundations with secularism.
Good points. However, while the Democrats naturally wish to assist undocumented immigrants the Republicans tend to use them for labor like they are going out of style.

As a Democrat, most of us are more concerned with the exploitation and work conditions that many undocumented immigrants experience at the hands of various industries. This oppression and exploitation ranges from substandard wages, no benefits, extremely long work hours, unsafe working conditions, to even sexual harassment and abuse. What they endure to stay here isn't very pretty. Now, we could go Trump on them and organize raids and a task force to round them up nationally, expand detainment centers, and all that. Or... we could see their desire to be here, at any cost, as a high compliment. The vast majority of undocumented immigrants are hard working people who have families here. Many of these family members are legal citizens. By going Trump we advance the police state, damage the economy, and divide families. We also look like a nation of unhospitable pigs.

That is why we Democrats support amnesty for undocumented immigrants who have been here five or more years and don't have a criminal record. By doing this we help get them out of the oppressive and exploitive work environments they are currently working in. We boost their earning potential, expand the tax base, and keep families together. In short, we offer mercy, deliverance, opportunity, increase revenue, and stabilize families. All of those are "Christian" virtues.

Quote:
It’s true that many illegal immigrants are Roman Catholic and not in favor of homosexual marriage, but that cannot hold up to a few generations of them being educated in government schools, which are dominated by secularist ideology. Because the secularists control the education of the children, they own the future.[6]
The spiritual education of my children is solely my responsibility and partially the responsibility of my elders. No public or private teacher has what it takes to properly teach my kids about religion and spirituality. Therefore, I want religion out of the classroom. I'm even leery of private schools, charter schools, and even private religious schools unless they are solidly denominational.

I believe the classroom is a good base for socialization and educational experience. It broadens the mind and presents the challenges necessary to make them stronger. When I hear some Christian student begin lamenting about how they have an atheist teacher or professor... I smile and encourage them by saying, "That teacher will be one of the most important teachers you'll ever have. Because they will engage you, challenge you, and maybe on occasion even mock or chide you. You're not made of glass, you'll be okay. In fact, they are just a small does of what this world has waiting for you. You will learn how to defend your faith, keep your faith, and how to seek answers to difficult questions. Thank God for them. And pray that they might see the light through you."

Republicans seem to think the public school system is fertile ground to indoctrinate our kids. However, no stranger in any large system is qualified to teach my kids spiritual things, to pray with them, or to answer questions about the Bible or various doctrines such as Creation. I'm not sending them to daycare. It's a school. It's supposed to be oppositional and informative. That's called...learning. I suggest that Republican Christians focus on getting prayer and Christianity back in our homes before worrying about the school system.

Quote:
As Hitler recognized, government education is a valuable tool for promoting a statist ideology: “When an opponent declares, ‘I will not come over to your side,’ I calmly say, ‘Your child belongs to us already. . . . What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.’”[7]
Exactly, and if the Republicans had their way, they'd not only teach statist ideology, they'd see to it that the ideology is baptized and blessed to elevate it to being a civic religion dressed in Christian garb.

I'd rather deal with a brilliant atheist biochemistry professor than some dumbed down Republitard who has no clue regarding biochemistry.

Quote:
Therefore another implication of these Christian evangelicals demanding a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants is that it will accelerate the erosion of Christianity in the United States. That is the opposite direction that the Great Commission commands – to disciple all nations to obey all of Christ’s commands (Matt. 28:18-20), which includes Christ’s command to obey the moral law of the Old Testament (Matt. 5:17-19).
I don't know if you've realized it yet.... but when most people begin talking about why they can't stand Christians or churches.... it is typically an indictment of the right-wing ideology the is rampant throughout the conservative movement. Evangelical Christianity's unholy marriage with the Republican Party is the single greatest reason why over half of the country feels that they can do without Christianity. The conservative movement is an embarrassment to the Gospel. While we are to teach people to obey Christ and the law of God....it isn't intended to be through the power of the government. They were told to PREACH the Gospel.... not legislate it.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
A - we continue to speak at cross purposes. I have done many studies in the Biblical economy and other kinds of economies. If you want an interesting non-biblical study, start looking at how the growing of rice versus the growing of wheat resulted in different societies/cultures. But that is neither here nor there.
While I would agree the our Christianity in the USA is too wrapped up in patriotism, in some regards, I would also state that the left is very much wrapped up in anti-Christianism.
Yes, your rank and file liberal can be rather anti-Christian. I run into this quite a bit. However, it really isn't "Christianity" that they oppose. It is the fake, shallow, heartless, and socially and environmentally indifferent, greed praising Christianity that is so loudly proclaimed by... conservative Republicans that they dislike so much.

Quote:
Lastly, (I don't have time for more than hit and run post today, due to visitors from Europe at the office), there is a difference between what you are terming as "social justice" and the government taking money from one person and giving it to another.
Here's an excerpt from the Holman Bible Dictionary's enter on "Justice":
The content of justice, the benefits which are to be distributed as basic rights in the community, can be identified by observing what is at stake in the passages in which “justice,” “righteousness,” and “judgment” occur. The needs which are met include land (Ezekiel 45:6-9 ; compare Micah 2:2 ; Micah 4:4 ) and the means to produce from the land, such as draft animals and millstones (Deuteronomy 22:1-4 ; Deuteronomy 24:6 ). These productive concerns are basic to securing other essential needs and thus avoiding dependency; thus the millstone is called the “life” of the person (Deuteronomy 24:6 ). Other needs are those essential for mere physical existence and well being: food (Deuteronomy 10:18 ; Psalm 146:7 ), clothing (Deuteronomy 24:13 ), and shelter (Psalm 68:6 ; Job 8:6 ). Job 22:5-9 ,Job 22:5-9,22:23 ; Job 24:1-12 decries the injustice of depriving people of each one of these needs, which are material and economic. The equal protection of each person in civil and judicial procedures is represented in the demand for due process ( Deuteronomy 16:18-20 ). Freedom from bondage is comparable to not being “in hunger and thirst, in nakedness and lack of everything” (Deuteronomy 28:48 NRSV).

Justice presupposes God's intention for people to be in community. When people had become poor and weak with respect to the rest of the community, they were to be strengthened so that they could continue to be effective members of the community—living with them and beside them (Leviticus 25:35-36 ). Thus biblical justice restores people to community. By justice those who lacked the power and resources to participate in significant aspects of the community were to be strengthened so that they could. This concern in Leviticus 25:1 is illustrated by the provision of the year of Jubilee, in which at the end of the fifty year period land is restored to those who had lost it through sale or foreclosure of debts ( Leviticus 25:28 ). Thus they regained economic power and were brought back into the economic community. Similarly, interest on loans was prohibited (Leviticus 25:36 ) as a process which pulled people down, endangering their position in the community.

These legal provisions express a further characteristic of justice. Justice delivers; it does not merely relieve the immediate needs of those in dire straits (Psalm 76:9 ; Isaiah 45:8 ; Isaiah 58:11 ; Isaiah 62:1-2 ). Helping the needy means setting them back on their feet, giving a home, leading to prosperity, restoration, ending the oppression (Psalm 68:5-10 ; Psalm 10:15-16 ; compare 107; Psalm 113:7-9 ). Such thorough justice can be socially disruptive. In the Jubilee year as some receive back lands, others lose recently-acquired additional land. The advantage to some is a disadvantage to others. In some cases the two aspects of justice come together. In the act of restoration, those who were victims of justice receive benefits while their exploiters are punished (1 Samuel 2:7-10 ; compare Luke 1:51-53 ; Luke 6:20-26 ).
This leads us back to agrarian socialism. Let's take a land owner who harvests his fields. Was he legally permitted to harvest his entire field? NO. The edges, corners, and anything dropped during harvest were to be left for the poor, the stranger, the widow, and the orphan. It was a part of the social mandate of the law governing the nation. I'm sure the land owners were rather upset that God would demand that part of what is theirs must be left or given to those in need. In fact, we read I Amos about how these land owners and the local judges colluded to cast the poor and the needy away from their rights as it relates to gleaning, usury, etc. For this the entire nation is rebuked. We also see every third year's poor tithe as a required subsidization of social services for the needy. The "meat in God's house" belonged to not only the Levite, but also to the poor, the stranger, the widow, and the orphan. It was essentially an agrarian land tax that provided grain and produce for the storehouse to feed the needy classes of Israel. I mentioned mentioned usury. Usury is interest, for example the especially high interest rates of predatory lending schemes. Essentially you're seeing the civic code of an ancient nation prohibit usury, that's a control on business and economy. In addition you have the Year of Jubilee when all debts are wiped clean, indentured slaves are set free, and land is given back to the family line of the original owners. What is the economy reason for this, Jubilee??? It was meant to serve as a reset button on the economy of ancient Israel. Without it, nothing could prevent the top 1% from collecting 80% of the entire nation's aggregated land and wealth, leaving the majority of the nation in servitude, poverty, and squalor. By eliminating all debts, setting slaves free, and returning all land to the original family line.... it broke up the aggregated wealth of the wealthy and returned it to each generation so that they might start anew. My friend, that's a serious controlled economy.

I could go on and on and on. But I know you're busy today. So, I'll stop at this. The evidence in Scripture proves that ancient Israel was an ancient society with an economy built on agrarian socialism.

So, if ancient Israel is a model that reflects God's economic and social values, one must admit that God's Law reveals that God is a strong, pro-family, agrarian socialist.

Last edited by Aquila; 02-23-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-23-2017, 07:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf