Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-17-2017, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

Re: Cant be saved without a pastor

I do not believe it is written anywhere in the Bible that you cannot be saved with out a pastor.
It does, however, talk about those who watch for our souls and does tell us not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

It depends on the circumstances. I've known a few old goats out here in the wild, wild west who didn't want ANYONE speaking into their lives. That kind of spirit will land a soul in the lake of fire, in my opinion.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
I do not believe it is written anywhere in the Bible that you cannot be saved with out a pastor.
It does, however, talk about those who watch for our souls and does tell us not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together.
Amen
Old 10-17-2017, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derAlte View Post
It depends on the circumstances. I've known a few old goats out here in the wild, wild west who didn't want ANYONE speaking into their lives. That kind of spirit will land a soul in the lake of fire, in my opinion.
Exactly

I thank Jesus practically everyday for the ministry he put in my life over the years.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:25 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Guys, I promise that Im not trying to subtract from the Biblically afforded need for pastoral leadership. I thank God for men of God in my life that love me and my family and pray for us and minister to our needs.

My issue is with the UN-Biblical teaching that one cannot be saved without a pastor. Is a pastor a needed thing? YES!!!! If you dont have one are you lost? NO! Not having a pastor is not an automatic disqualification from salvation! Since it is not it should not be said that you CANT be saved without one!

I think its something people fear to touch with a 10 foot pole because if they did the idea would be that people would just quit church willy nilly.

Im NOT looking to do that and neither would I recommend it to anyone.

Yes you need to be a part of the body! The body needs you and you need the body.

I just have a problem with people taking things out of context with scripture.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:42 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

No pastor since 2012

I’m gonna make a shirt
Old 10-17-2017, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

The word Pastor(singular) is not mentioned one single time in the entire NT KJV, (and only 1 time in the plural form), and yet, according to some, one cannot be saved without a pastor?

mercy.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Guys, I promise that Im not trying to subtract from the Biblically afforded need for pastoral leadership. I thank God for men of God in my life that love me and my family and pray for us and minister to our needs.

My issue is with the UN-Biblical teaching that one cannot be saved without a pastor. Is a pastor a needed thing? YES!!!! If you dont have one are you lost? NO! Not having a pastor is not an automatic disqualification from salvation! Since it is not it should not be said that you CANT be saved without one!

I think its something people fear to touch with a 10 foot pole because if they did the idea would be that people would just quit church willy nilly.

Im NOT looking to do that and neither would I recommend it to anyone.

Yes you need to be a part of the body! The body needs you and you need the body.

I just have a problem with people taking things out of context with scripture.
You need some form of spiritual authority in your life. If you have no pastor or elder or teacher or whatever you want to call the spiritual authority, who will give an account for your soul?
Old 10-17-2017, 10:59 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingDominion View Post
You need some form of spiritual authority in your life. If you have no pastor or elder or teacher or whatever you want to call the spiritual authority, who will give an account for your soul?
I imagine each of us will give an account for our soul.

Teachers and shepherds must give an account for others because they are responsible for teaching and guiding those others. So when they admonish you, you are supposed to consider it as coming from someone who will give account to God for how much Bible Truth and godly wisdom they imparted to you (or failed to).

A person who is a Christian is a part of a community (the church), and that community has (or is supposed to have) elders, shepherds, those who serve as examples to everyone else.

America is so infatuated with individualism that people think joining a church is an optional thing that occurs after you get "saved". When the truth is salvation means being added by the Lord to the church. There's a lot of people who want to be BOSS of their life, and can't stomache the idea of submitting to others. And some of those ego driven people happen to be preachers, who demand others submit to their authority, and want to make sure everyone they meet gets under their thumb. Why? Cause muh tithe monies.

Consider yourself blessed if you have elders in your life who actually SERVE as servants to the Body. There's too many extremes out there, going both directions. Remember, every bowling lane has TWO gutters...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-18-2017, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

America is so infatuated with individualism that people think joining a church is an optional thing that occurs after you get "saved". When the truth is salvation means being added by the Lord to the church. There's a lot of people who want to be BOSS of their life, and can't stomach the idea of submitting to others. And some of those ego driven people happen to be preachers, who demand others submit to their authority, and want to make sure everyone they meet gets under their thumb. Why? Cause muh tithe monies.
True that. I've also seen men for whom money was not an issue. It was a deep lust for power and control.