Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
I have or had I left most of it in the south, lots of his books and booklets, tapes etc...Marriage and divorce was really far out...at least in my opinion.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

Well if fruit incudes our doctrine I would say Branham has as much chance as most Apostolic Preachers. They teach much false doctrine till this day and are praised for it regularly by their followers.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:34 AM
SSBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I read that booklet as well. It is FAR OUT! Branham seemed to have a hate for women. He said that a godly woman is precious and better than most anything, but an ungodly woman is not worth the bullet to shoot her with. WHEW!
When I heard the sermon where William Branham was telling his life story, he said that was how he felt when he was still an unsaved youth. He was very critical of ungodly women, but he said the Lord rebuked him when he began to personally criticise a woman behaving crudely in public. He was able to lead the same woman to the Lord.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:49 AM
Brother Strange

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I heard Kenneth Reeves also knew Branham, and said Branham was mistaken, but sincerely mistaken, and believed he was still saved.
You are right.

I spoke to brother Reeves many times. I had breakfast with him the last time only a couple of years before he died. We talked about many things dealing with matters of the supernatural since he was also a man of great experience in these things. KR did not doubt his salvation or his honest sincerety though so mistaken in regards to a couple of matters, especially of the SS doctrine.

Quote:
Kenneth Hagin wrote a book about THE ANOINTING, and although he never named Branham, anyone who knows Branham's story knew he was speaking of Branham when he wrote about an evangelist. He said this evangelist was mightily used in the supernatural, but went into bizarre teachings. He said Gordon Lindsay tried to help the man realize he was not a Teacher but an Evangelist. And the man responded, "But I like to teach."
That is also the truth.

However, it was not in regard to the SS doctrine. Gordon Lindsay was dead long before Branham started teaching that horrible doctrine. Lindsay and Branham were best of friends, having been very close associates on the Evangelistic and Missionary fields who together, formed the Voice of Healing. He saw Branham straying from his calling. Lindsay knew that it was only a matter of time before Branham would fall into some error by straying out of his Prophetic calling. If anyone could reach Branham at all, it would have been either Jack Moore or Gordon Lindsay. Jack Moore, a UPCI pastor together with Lindsay attempted to counsel with him. It was then that Branham said that he "wanted to teach."

Quote:
Hagin noted Uzziah's error in wanting to be priest as well as king, but how God did not anoint him for priesthood. So God smote Uzziah with leprosy. He said this is what happened to this evangelist.
Reminds me of a certain man whom we all love that "wanted to" step over into the office of a Prophet. Before a very large gathering of UPCI preachers prophecied concerning the "rising again to fill his pulpit and to preach again," a preacher dying with cancer, who never lifted his head off his death pillow. Stepping out of one's own calling is dangerous as noted in the case of Uzziah.

Quote:
Before Branham died, Hagin was in a restaurant and the spirit of prophecy came upon him and he told the folks with him they had to leave right away so he could prophesy. The prophecy went something like this,"His works follow him and he shall meet his reward and be saved, but 'ere '66 he shall die."
I never heard this report before, though I am usually up todate on such matters, having known many of the men in those circles in years gone by. It would be interesting to learn the source of this report.

Truly KH was/is a prophet. I do not know if he is still alive or not since I have not had contact with some of these people in quite a few years. But, I would not doubt the story in the least.

It is true, as Elder Epley said, he did not repent of his SS doctrine before his death.

When I got news of his death on Christmas day of 1965, I went into a very mournful state of mind. I wept for many days without ceasing. It seemed that my very soul would come out of me. It would be hard to explain the state that I was in.

I was overseas looking at myself in the mirror trying to shave with tears running down my face. I had been questioning God about his death. One of the few times that I ever heard what I thought was an audible voice spoke to me saying, "My glory I will not give to another." Instantly, I understood. I recalled how so many people adored and worshipped him. Some even baptized in the name of Branham.

From that day forward, my tears dried and I never questioned again.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Hagin has as much credibilty as BH with me. His erroneous teachings are nearly as far off as Branham's.
Hey Elder E, here's a shocker: I agree with you 100%! :sshhh
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 08-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Hey Elder E, here's a shocker: I agree with you 100%! :sshhh
Call the law Timmy and I agree.

Branham was a false prophet in his prophecies-teachings though he may have been sincere in his early ministry from in the late 50's he changed after his nervous breakdown. I do think those around him mold him instead of him molding them. Those "Latter Rain" cast offs has propehcied Elijah was coming and he became their Elijah. GL was a thief. He stoled Branham's paper and tent. Branham wouldn't have listen to him. Howver he did preach for Moore in 65 a few months before his death.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Call the law Timmy and I agree.

Branham was a false prophet in his prophecies-teachings though he may have been sincere in his early ministry from in the late 50's he changed after his nervous breakdown. I do think those around him mold him instead of him molding them. Those "Latter Rain" cast offs has propehcied Elijah was coming and he became their Elijah. GL was a thief. He stoled Branham's paper and tent. Branham wouldn't have listen to him. Howver he did preach for Moore in 65 a few months before his death.
Did Branham said that Lindsay was a theif? NO! He NEVER said anything like that.

Did Jack Moore ever say that Lindsay was a theif? NO! He NEVER said anything like that either.

That report is not right, though I heard it too. I happened to know the full story from VOH insiders very close to the situation. The same thing that happened to Branham happened to other VOH preachers that ended up with the formation, expansion and the eventual Christ For The Nations world outreach. But, these reports of theft is not right, though misinterpreted by some jealous men who had other agendas.

There is a difference in a "request" and a "theft."
Old 08-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
Did Branham said that Lindsay was a theif? NO! He NEVER said anything like that.

Did Jack Moore ever say that Lindsay was a theif? NO! He NEVER said anything like that either.

That report is not right, though I heard it too. I happened to know the full story from VOH insiders very close to the situation. The same thing that happened to Branham happened to other VOH preachers that ended up with the formation, expansion and the eventual Christ For The Nations world outreach. But, these reports of theft is not right, though misinterpreted by some jealous men who had other agendas.

There is a difference in a "request" and a "theft."
Yes he said he stoled his paper it's on tape somewhere? Been too many years to recall where. But there were some real bad feelings about the paper and the tent. But it has been many years since I was privy to all this so my memory is somewhat foggy but I do remember Branham saying his tent and paper was stolen and alluded to Linsay. And didn't he take someone's wife also or is my memory faulty?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Yes he said he stoled his paper it's on tape somewhere? Been too many years to recall where. But there were some real bad feelings about the paper and the tent. But it has been many years since I was privy to all this so my memory is somewhat foggy but I do remember Branham saying his tent and paper was stolen and alluded to Linsay. And didn't he take someone's wife also or is my memory faulty?
J.C. Bishop took Hoekstra's wife. Neither did Lindsay or Branham take anyone else's wife.

There was some resentment from Branham concerning the "request," but evidently that resentment did not go so far as to break all fellowship...though strained. Branham was a naive business man. That was the purpose of Lindsay. Lindsay was a very astute business man. Branham being such a juvenile in business affairs, refusing to listen to Lindsay ended up in a HUGE hole with the IRS. Branham said that he did not owe the IRS, though Lindsay said that he DID. Brahham decided to go ahead and pay the IRS a little at a time saying that people would say, "where there is smoke there is fire." Had he listened to Lindsay, Branham would not have gotten himself caught in such a crack and squeeze.

But, at least Lindsay was able to salvage a lot though Branham never understood how much he had done for him. Branham could have ended up in a lot worse circumstance.

Lindsay never stole anything. He was a very astute business man who understood the finer points of doing business that the very uneducated, though hard headed Branham never understood....thus the resentment.

It is no disgrace to be uneducated, but when you combine a hard head with an empty one, you have the makings of a misunderstanding. But that misunderstanding was not on the part of Lindsay, a very upright man of the highest integrity.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

there is a branhamite church not far from here, that actually uses his tapes on midweek services, the error to me is obviously that anyone would elevate anyones words to scripture, imho, most of the people that i know that are members there are good people caught up in the error, dt