Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-21-2018, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

Re: Brother Lee Stoneking's Preaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Bro. Beni, what is it about us that we leap over tall buildings in order to reach for a gimmick?

The drilling company that heard the screams in hell...was that to reinforce our belief in a literal hell? Or maybe to scare folks to the altar?

Magic hair...to validate uncut hair?

Angels riding in the car...I do believe it is possible, but did hearing that cause anyone to run for repentance? And do I need to hear that to draw in the reins of my mind to the fact that He's coming soon?

No offense against preachers...I have 3 brothers who are ministers, but do folks need these stories, be they true or false, in order to get a point across?

Yes, there's certainly more in the Bible to preach about than the Book of Acts, important and necessary that it is, but is not the death, burial, and resurrection not enough to bring conviction without the spectacular and sometimes ridiculous!? It just seems to me that the Message of salvation stands all by itself...

I apologize if this is out of order...
I Agree, preaching of angels and stories of strange events may have their place if its true....but none is as effective as one drop of blood.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Bro. Beni, what is it about us that we leap over tall buildings in order to reach for a gimmick?

The drilling company that heard the screams in hell...was that to reinforce our belief in a literal hell? Or maybe to scare folks to the altar?

Angels riding in the car...I do believe it is possible, but did hearing that cause anyone to run for repentance? And do I need to hear that to draw in the reins of my mind to the fact that He's coming soon?

No offense against preachers...I have 3 brothers who are ministers, but do folks need these stories, be they true or false, in order to get a point across?

Yes, there's certainly more in the Bible to preach about than the Book of Acts, important and necessary that it is, but is not the death, burial, and resurrection not enough to bring conviction without the spectacular and sometimes ridiculous!? It just seems to me that the Message of salvation stands all by itself...

Out of order? No way, you are awesome.

I have said before we have an entire Bible to preach, why do we need this sensational stories? Like the one about the preacher walking into a diner and the televisions shutting off? But when he finished his meal and left the came back on? If it's true I am sorry. But people like to hear about stuff like that, or about Elvis being baptized in Jesus name, or Axle Rose being the son of Brother Hugh Rose.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

One of the best post I have read on AFF!!
Old 06-21-2018, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

Old 06-21-2018, 03:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

Old 06-21-2018, 03:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Bald preacher getting mad serious over hair.

This is my take away from a quick listen

The word ought mens something, word power means something too, and the word something means higher something. But they are all Greek words but no one knows what Greek words mean. But a higher court has angels who like long hair, and power comes from the GREEK Word which means the whole community is free. Because her hair is in the church community but her compliance is because we want revival. Therefore she complies with long hair, and she is free, because ladies with cut hair have no revival because men don't have scary mothers? See how the mothers of the Caesar weren't the Pharaohs of Egypt. Prostitutes were bald in the National Geographics pictures in Turkey. So, the archaeologists put their hair back together because its sad. For 45 years they stayed in pastor's homes, because they can't get it together so they want the visiting evangelist to pray? Tongues and interpretation at the waling wall? What did I miss?

Old 06-21-2018, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Did you have old time Oneness Pentecostals beat you up and take your lunch money when you were young? Dude, lose the chip.
It's kind of funny how when you make observations on those that don't believe like you it is intelligent and insightful but when I make an observation about beliefs or behavior I think are wrong all of a sudden I have a chip on my shoulder! I assure you I don't.

Anybody who grew up in old time Oneness Pentecost like I did attending Campmeetings, revivals, General Conferences, etc knows that there are red meat catch phrases preacher can use to get a crowd of those folks revved up and in a frenzy. I have personal witnessed this hundreds if not thousands of times. That is not something I made up because of some chip on my shoulder. It is an observation. My comment that this is what I found the majority of the content of LS's sermons to be was also an observation from actually listening to them. Again no chip.

Why not just accept that I have a different point of view than old time Oneness Pentecostals and leave it at that? Why the constant cheap shots? I don't expect you to agree with me but I do expect you to allow me to have my point of view without questioning my motives. Do I try to claim your strange views that deviate from a lot of OP's is due to some chip on your shoulder or anything else? No. I respect that you have your opinion after study, prayer and thought. You have the right to be wrong as much as anybody.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 06-21-2018, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:

You are spot on. The word of God is what holds power and that word is what should compel people to the altar, not wild made up or at best unsbustantiated stories of spectacles.

It just goes to prove that people love and are mesmerized by spectacle whether on a 10 story hight IMAX screen or in the stories from a preachers mouth.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 06-21-2018, 04:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
It's kind of funny how when you make observations on those that don't believe like you it is intelligent and insightful but when I make an observation about beliefs or behavior I think are wrong all of a sudden I have a chip on my shoulder! I assure you I don't.

Anybody who grew up in old time Oneness Pentecost like I did attending Campmeetings, revivals, General Conferences, etc knows that there are red meat catch phrases preacher can use to get a crowd of those folks revved up and in a frenzy. I have personal witnessed this hundreds if not thousands of times. That is not something I made up because of some chip on my shoulder. It is an observation. My comment that this is what I found the majority of the content of LS's sermons to be was also an observation from actually listening to them. Again no chip.

Why not just accept that I have a different point of view than old time Oneness Pentecostals and leave it at that? Why the constant cheap shots? I don't expect you to agree with me but I do expect you to allow me to have my point of view without questioning my motives. Do I try to claim your strange views that deviate from a lot of OP's is due to some chip on your shoulder or anything else? No. I respect that you have your opinion after study, prayer and thought. You have the right to be wrong as much as anybody.
Bro, you have the Neo-Phariseeism by David Wasmundt, Ethel Goss claiming that they weren't conservative. You recently posted that when you bring your wife to Pentecostal churches she is treated badly. CC1, you fly under the radar because you are a male? You said that, but your wife cannot, because of what old tyme Pentecostal women look like. That whole thread was to prove what? How old tyme Pentecostals don't evenaglisze their backsliders? Strange views? Mine? What would they be? Because I sure don't beat a drum concerning these so called strange views.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Bald preacher getting mad serious over hair.

This is my take away from a quick listen

The word ought mens something, word power means something too, and the word something means higher something. But they are all Greek words but no one knows what Greek words mean. But a higher court has angels who like long hair, and power comes from the GREEK Word which means the whole community is free. Because her hair is in the church community but her compliance is because we want revival. Therefore she complies with long hair, and she is free, because ladies with cut hair have no revival because men don't have scary mothers? See how the mothers of the Caesar weren't the Pharaohs of Egypt. Prostitutes were bald in the National Geographics pictures in Turkey. So, the archaeologists put their hair back together because its sad. For 45 years they stayed in pastor's homes, because they can't get it together so they want the visiting evangelist to pray? Tongues and interpretation at the waling wall? What did I miss?

Priceless i read that and heard Stonekings voice!! Lol

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!