Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...

Old 02-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Chan

I bought my bed on Ebay!

I was debating whether to just replace my full-sized mattress that I've had since around 1993 (and it was a used mattress then) or whether to downsize to a twin because my bedroom is rather small. Checking out the price of mattresses locally, I wasn't sure I was ready to pay three hundred or more dollars for yet another spring mattress. Having remembered the platform bed I slept on when I was in Indonesia, I decided to look into those. I bought a twin sized one and paid about $155 (with shipping) for it. Of course, that's just the bed. I found a place locally that had one of those solid foam mattresses that are much like the really expensive Tempur-Pedic mattresses (except more firm than a Tempur-Pedic) for $119.00 with a 10-year warranty. So, for less than $300, I got the bed and a really comfortable mattress. Here's the E-bay link for a bed like the one I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/SOLID-HARDWOOD-PLATFOR...1QQcmdZViewItem.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Go Dodgers!

I need to get another bed. I wake up sometimes with back aches. I can't sleep on my back..if I could it would not be as bad
Old 02-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I need to get another bed. I wake up sometimes with back aches. I can't sleep on my back..if I could it would not be as bad
A platform bed provides more support and you don't need a box spring. High density foam makes for a much better mattress than the commonly used spring mattress (springs produce pressure points on the body).
Old 02-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Formerly known as CareyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Malachi and I got a new mattress set that is wonderful!!! I belive it's called "Kingsdown" and they are not hard or firm at all. Malachi used to wake up in pain and unrested, but no longer does. This mattress is great for those who have back pain. I am able to sleep on my back...it's so comfortable! But be prepared to spend quite a bit! It does have a 50 year warranty.