Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
holiness, jewelry, upci, wedding rings, wpf

Old 12-31-2013, 01:53 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Hello, I'm troubled and need help..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
This pastor needs to talk about these issues to those who are concerned. Adam, why don't you talk to your pastor and ask him?
Adam, if you're for real... the above advice would be a great place to start with your questions.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I agree that these things are wrong and that it is apparent that compromise is running rampant in your church. If you have children I would definitely leave so as to help avoid confusion on their part. If not then why not try to support the pastor in his stand and help him in praying for a revival?
What church do you go too?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:43 PM
of 9!! :)

hmmm
Old 12-31-2013, 09:59 PM
Go Dodgers!

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:28 AM
Sister Alvear

if you are real...this is NOT the place to discuss standards in my opinion....I think you should find somebody you look up to and sit down and have a talk with them. There are all kinds of opionions about things on a board like this...but as an old soldier of the cross one of the best things you can do is get your Bible down and in prayer and fasting search the scriptures for yourself...There are things that are preached that is NOT Bible however perhaps the pastor feels that certain things become weights and lead to sin or perhaps there are things he feels that time has showed him he was wrong about...In no way if you are real am I saying the "supposed" pastor is right...however as a christian each one of us as to have our minds made up what sin really is.
If you are real and what you say is truth I think something is worng...because the change is to far to the left...like someone said...often people that decide some certain thing is not wrong they go to extremes...Paul let us know he could do all things but it would not be good...There must be balance....and I think a pastor should NOT brainwash people to think they are the only ones in town going to heaven. I prefere some things and feel some things are better for us...but that does not mean that some things I would rather we do or not do is a sin...So really it boils down to the fact is knowing WHAT sin really is...and if you are a member you must have an obedient spirit...if something is wrong and you feel unconfortable pray for God to guide you....and let me say again I am NOT in any way saying your pastor is right....In fact I am very conservative...very... I am just saying "get your own convictions" and find a church where you can live what your heart tells you is right. Yes, I do know the heart can deceive us however most of us have a "gut" feeling when things are wrong....

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 01-01-2014, 08:35 AM
God's Son

That's not how legalists work.

Quote:
This pastor needs to talk about these issues to those who are concerned. Adam, why don't you talk to your pastor and ask him?

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 01-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
That's not how legalists work.
Right but they should

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 01-01-2014, 10:56 AM
God's Son

When is the last time legalists did what they should?
Quote:
Right but they should

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 01-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjimenez View Post
Recent changes in my local UPCI church have rocked my world an beliefs, wedding rings are allowed now,sleeves are getting shorter,french manicures on women are ok now (basically painted nails) "Christian Rap" is supported in this church... Church staff members are being found out to have attended the movie theater with their families... Movie nights after church with youth leaders... Different musicians from PAW churches are allowed on the platform to play instruments... skirts are getting shorter, and tighter...blouses are getting lower... although this pastor has totally stood against some of these things...its still running wild in the church.. is it not preached hard enough? not enforced as well? I'm curious to what others think of this....
I agree with Troy. Get your eyes on Jesus and off people. Be part of the solution by setting an example and not part of the problem in addressing the faults of your neighbors to complete strangers.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Hey, my wife does her toenails in the summer with the French stuff. Is he a carnal backslider?
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.