Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Registered Member

Re: Hair, sleeves, pantsuits, jewelry, and makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Well keep reading and you will see God tells them to get rid of all of it. And then we see a type and shadow of what Peter preached about in the New Testament.
Could you post chapter and verse, so we know specifically what passages you are referring to? It sometimes saves misunderstandings and relieves us of the duty to read your mind.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Could you post chapter and verse, so we know specifically what passages you are referring to? It sometimes saves misunderstandings and relieves us of the duty to read your mind.
Oh just keep reading you won’t have to go very far..
Old 02-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:

If a man compells you to walk with him for a mile...walk with him for two.

The principle is that you declare something you claim to be truth, if someone comes to you asking for further clarification, simply grunting and waving in the general direction is laziness.

If its not a truth worth revisiting for yourself...why should he be convinced that its a road worth travelling at all?

So your disinterest is laziness and it does a disservice to the truth you claim to hold.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks for challenging me to keep reading. I have done so. I think I may have found the passage that you are referring to. 🤗 However my mind reading skills are somewhat rusty, so there is always the outside possibility that this is not the passage you had in mind. 🤭 But here goes . . .

Exod.39

[1] And of the blue, and purple, and scarlet, they made cloths of service, to do service in the holy place, and made the holy garments for Aaron; as the LORD commanded Moses.
[2] And he made the ephod of gold, blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.
[3] And they did beat the gold into thin plates, and cut it into wires, to work it in the blue, and in the purple, and in the scarlet, and in the fine linen, with cunning work.
[4] They made shoulderpieces for it, to couple it together: by the two edges was it coupled together.
[5] And the curious girdle of his ephod, that was upon it, was of the same, according to the work thereof; of gold, blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen; as the LORD commanded Moses.
[6] And they wrought onyx stones inclosed in ouches of gold, graven, as signets are graven, with the names of the children of Israel.
[7] And he put them on the shoulders of the ephod, that they should be stones for a memorial to the children of Israel; as the LORD commanded Moses.
[8] And he made the breastplate of cunning work, like the work of the ephod; of gold, blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.
[9] It was foursquare; they made the breastplate double: a span was the length thereof, and a span the breadth thereof, being doubled.
[10] And they set in it four rows of stones: the first row was a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this was the first row.
[11] And the second row, an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
[12] And the third row, a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
[13] And the fourth row, a beryl, an onyx, and a jasper: they were inclosed in ouches of gold in their inclosings.

Is this the passage you had in mind?😧

How’d I do on that mind reading thing?

Did I do good?

Once again we have scriptural support for believing that God likes jewelry!

Is anyone keeping score?

What is severely lacking is any real scriptural evidence that jewelry is a sin!

More and more, this is looking like a case of “teaching for doctrine, the traditions of men.

Y’all need to do better!
Old 02-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

And I apologize for not putting SOME of the mentions of gold in bold to make the job of reading easier for you. In my own defense there were so many mentions of gold and jewels that I inadvertently overlooked a few. I’ll try to do better.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:48 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Thanks for challenging me to keep reading. I have done so. I think I may have found the passage that you are referring to. 🤗 However my mind reading skills are somewhat rusty, so there is always the outside possibility that this is not the passage you had in mind. 🤭 But here goes . . .

Exod.39

[1] And of the blue, and purple, and scarlet, they made cloths of service, to do service in the holy place, and made the holy garments for Aaron; as the LORD commanded Moses.
[2] And he made the ephod of gold, blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.
[3] And they did beat the gold into thin plates, and cut it into wires, to work it in the blue, and in the purple, and in the scarlet, and in the fine linen, with cunning work.
[4] They made shoulderpieces for it, to couple it together: by the two edges was it coupled together.
[5] And the curious girdle of his ephod, that was upon it, was of the same, according to the work thereof; of gold, blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen; as the LORD commanded Moses.
[6] And they wrought onyx stones inclosed in ouches of gold, graven, as signets are graven, with the names of the children of Israel.
[7] And he put them on the shoulders of the ephod, that they should be stones for a memorial to the children of Israel; as the LORD commanded Moses.
[8] And he made the breastplate of cunning work, like the work of the ephod; of gold, blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.
[9] It was foursquare; they made the breastplate double: a span was the length thereof, and a span the breadth thereof, being doubled.
[10] And they set in it four rows of stones: the first row was a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this was the first row.
[11] And the second row, an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
[12] And the third row, a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
[13] And the fourth row, a beryl, an onyx, and a jasper: they were inclosed in ouches of gold in their inclosings.

Is this the passage you had in mind?😧

How’d I do on that mind reading thing?

Did I do good?

Once again we have scriptural support for believing that God likes jewelry!

Is anyone keeping score?

What is severely lacking is any real scriptural evidence that jewelry is a sin!

More and more, this is looking like a case of “teaching for doctrine, the traditions of men.

Y’all need to do better!
Ha ha ha, this post of yours totally militates against the theory that Jewelry is evil.

If Jewelry is evil, why would God want his place of worship filled with evil?
I mean all that Jewelry in the place of the lord, when it could be sold out and given to the poor?
I mean all those precious jewels adorning the High Priest, does it not make the High Priest a supremely representation of evil itself?
Old 02-10-2019, 01:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Fascinating how certain subjects get y'all to doing Bible studies and everything, while certain other subjects don't...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Fascinating how certain subjects get y'all to doing Bible studies and everything, while certain other subjects don't...
well if people are going to preach something as doctrine, they better be prepared to back it up with the Bible.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Good stuff.

A blessing from the Lord in Africa may be cattle, goats etc in the West it may be a raise. In one part of scripture He made sure the meal barrel wasted not and the cruise of oil didnt go dry.

To those who needed that oil it was blessing...it was life....to us in the US it'd be free cornbread for life.

Aren't we glad that God knows how to work a good "exchange rate" in His economy no matter the culture or location?

He took our mourning and gave us dancing...He took our sorrow and gave us joy...He took our chains and gave us freedom and He took our death and gave us LIFE!

These are blessings that bring joy and thanksgiving spoken in every tongue from every culture on every continent!
Jediwill I just saw this. I guess I was too busy posting and not busy enough reading. This is so insightful and so true.

Thank God!
Old 02-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

A look at various versions of the verse Elder Epley brought up:

https://biblehub.com/1_peter/3-3.htm

Various opinions no doubt...

How about the NASB?

Last edited by JamesGlen; 02-10-2019 at 02:05 PM.