Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Rev Dooley

An Uncertain Sound

1 Corinthians 14:7-9 (King James Version)

7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?

8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle? 9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.

Since the passage of Res 4, many churches are clamoring for the chance to advertise on tv. Mind you, this does not mean that they are going to preach, just advertise.
I wonder just how many members who have bought tv's since the passage? After all, to see the ads one must have a box to do so, unless you watch for it on some publicly posted set.
Wonder how many preachers who say that they upheld the tenets of the org, yet own tv's?
UPC issued an uncertain sound when they passed this sticky resolution.
The manual does not allow for ministers to own a tv set. Nor does it reccomend to members that they own one. Yet, an uncertain sound was indeed issued when the media of tv was permitted for use amongst apostolic churches within the org.
I believe that it will be a matter of time before all restrictions against its use are removed.
The carnality of tv is so evident to any who watch, yet the church runs headlong after it. It is akin to Lot pitching his tent towards Sodom. He became so entranced with the sin that he moved in amongst them.
When the angels tried to get him to leave, he became a mocker. He had to be forcibly dragged out before his carnal carcass roasted along with the rest of the filth that God saw fit to destroy.
The story didn't end there. It wasn't long before an incestuous union with his daughters produced two vile young men who would later torment the children of Abraham. One was to become God's washpot. The other wasn't even useful for that. He was bent on ultimate destruction.
Lot was likely a good, church going individual. When Abraham was told to leave his country and family, he took Lot. Lot had to have attended services of sorts with Abraham. Yet, we find that even Abraham was worried about him for he pleaded with God to save Lot, indicating that he may have known that Lot wouldn't try to reach anyone, but become closely entangled with their sin. What a tragedy.
Those who wanted this res got their wish. The tent has been pitched. The family is now going to be exposed to all sorts of ungodly filth, things that God decreed destroyed in judgement.
Wonder how long it will be before the family moves right in in the name of diversity and begins to declare their union with sin?
What a tragedy that is about to occur in the homes of what were once good, church going folks.
And all of this will come about because of an uncertain sound being sent by a group that seems to have lost their way.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

Seriously, how many card carrying UPC ministers do you think have TV's in their homes? Ask anyone and I will guarantee you that it is not a small number. Actually, I have a few in my home and I dare any official to try to come into MY home and try to control my life or the lives of my family. I answer to a higher calling of righteousness.

I'll even take it one step further. I will get rid of my telivisions IF every General Board member will provide to me a copy of their Blockbuster or video rental history for the past year. I'll bet there would be some red faces!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Just stopped by on my way home !!

Good post NI. I agree wholeheartedly. Bro. Haney himself warned at GC about putting the word of God on a new cart. This is just the beginning. As Bro. Johnny Godair preached once; "I will get myself to the great men"
There are still good ministers standing for the truth, Thank God !!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchMouse View Post
Good post NI. I agree wholeheartedly. Bro. Haney himself warned at GC about putting the word of God on a new cart. This is just the beginning. As Bro. Johnny Godair preached once; "I will get myself to the great men"
There are still good ministers standing for the truth, Thank God !!
If television is a "new cart" what does that make the World Wide Web?

The "Truth" is not what means you use to publish the Gospel it is the Gospel.
Of course if folks that want to preach or advertise on TV change the message of Jesus' saving grace then they are in trouble.
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 12-05-2007, 11:07 AM
disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
If television is a "new cart" what does that make the World Wide Web?

The "Truth" is not what means you use to publish the Gospel it is the Gospel.
Of course if folks that want to preach or advertise on TV change the message of Jesus' saving grace then they are in trouble.
Well thank you for your opinion.

Blessings

Old 12-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by disciple View Post
Well thank you for your opinion.

Blessings

You are welcome, it didn't require much thought........
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 12-05-2007, 11:48 AM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
Seriously, how many card carrying UPC ministers do you think have TV's in their homes? Ask anyone and I will guarantee you that it is not a small number. Actually, I have a few in my home and I dare any official to try to come into MY home and try to control my life or the lives of my family. I answer to a higher calling of righteousness.

I'll even take it one step further. I will get rid of my telivisions IF every General Board member will provide to me a copy of their Blockbuster or video rental history for the past year. I'll bet there would be some red faces!
Probably not as many as you might think. Did you lie to get your ministers license? Just curious.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
Probably not as many as you might think. Did you lie to get your ministers license? Just curious.
I will second this question and ask if he lied signing the Affirmation Statement this year. The AS said you agreed with Section VII, Section 7, Paragraph 31 as well as the remainder of the manual.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
I will second this question and ask if he lied signing the Affirmation Statement this year. The AS said you agreed with Section VII, Section 7, Paragraph 31 as well as the remainder of the manual.

This is what I don't understand about the big fuss with having to sign the AS, isn't this is the same agreement that you sign when you get your license?

I'm not saying that I agree with everything that is in the manuel, but if you agree with it (supposedly) when you get your license, you should still be agreeing with it enough to sign the AS. If not, you try affect a change, as has been done this year, or leave. It seems pretty simple to me.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
This is what I don't understand about the big fuss with having to sign the AS, isn't this is the same agreement that you sign when you get your license?

I'm not saying that I agree with everything that is in the manuel, but if you agree with it (supposedly) when you get your license, you should still be agreeing with it enough to sign the AS. If not, you try affect a change, as has been done this year, or leave. It seems pretty simple to me.
There we have it folks.

THIS kind of posting is why dizzyde is one of my favorites to read here.