Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:04 AM
Registered Member

Re: Lord, Rid Me of Loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Brother, forgiveness and love is not a license to be be abused or mistreated again. It is simply the relinquishing of your desire for satisfaction and judgment against those that have wronged or hurt you somehow.

So, it's not a matter of love or forgiveness, it's a matter of trust. If someone has broken that trust, they have an obligation to earn it back. If they are not making steps toward that goal, an arm's length posture is fully warranted.

Do not confuse love with being naive, or compassion with with victimization. Yes, Jesus suffered horribly and submitted Himself to the worst pain imaginable, on all fronts, not just physically, but He's not doing it again for anyone, and for anyone who hasn't repented and obeyed the Gospel, it's everlasting destruction for them, FROM HIM.

So, you turned the other cheek, and gave your back to the smiters, so to speak, but that doesn't mean you have to keep doing it. Of course, vengeance is the LORD's, and not yours, so refrain on that end.

But a loving, tender heart still needs to be tempered with wisdom. There were places Jesus wouldn't go so that He could avoid the persecution and madness that some people wanted to bring His way.

See Matthew 12:14-15, Mark 9:30, and etc. There is no reason we cannot do the same.
I understand what you're saying. Forgive them, but let them not have the chance to do the same thing again.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

in the words of beloved George W. Bush " fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....ummmm...well you just wont fool me again."
Old 09-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

I feel so awful for you. This must be so hard. But I have a question, and I hope it won't seem too personal. Were your folks really sociable people? Were they really shy? Were they the life of the party? I ask because I have never been lonely in my life. I do get lonely for specific people who have gone on to Heaven before me, but I just don't get lonesome. I think it is because I come from a long line of very, very shy people. They did a lot of things they enjoyed that were solitary pursuits. We loved to sew and draw and paint and write,
go fishing alone, etc. Some of us were easily hurt, some weren't.
Before I got married I was always looking for ways to be alone so that I could go on nature walks or just watch the clouds or do my watercolors. And of course it was a wonderful chance for Bible study. I was my happiest just by myself. I am beginning to wonder if there is not a genetic component to all of this. I have heard that studies do indeed indicate that shyness is hereditary.
If your folks always needed people around them, that might explain some of it. I worked with a woman who would literally run to the TV to turn it on when she came in her front door. She was petrified of feeling she was by herself.
If I could send you some of my immunity to loneliness, I would do it in a heartbeat. Hope you feel better very, very soon. You do this anyway, but keep trying to realize that He is always right there beside you. Talk to Him, tell Him about your day. He is indeed the "friend that sticketh closer than a brother."
Psalm 73:23-24: Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.