Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: Loren Yadon's: Tragedies of War????

I have a book titled "From An Acorn To An Oak" by Loren Yadon.
It came from the UPC Publishing House.
Is that the same guy?
Is/was he a one-stepper?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Frm_Acrn.pdf (342.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 02-19-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well, if you find some of these things I hope they will become available online or downloadable in some way.
Sam, I think we have a duty to make these things available for posterity ... You have quite an extensive library of sources and articles that I think also need to be archived electronically.

Will PM you shortly.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
I believe that the UPCI book called the "Winds of God" commented that their women all wore their best jewelry, as that was how they dressed up for church! It was not until later that the Holiness movement begin to catch on.
In the early years of the Pentecostal movement a group of workers would go into an area and preach. They would go with no church invitation and no financial backing. They felt like they had a message to preach and that God would supply their needs. Their message was salvation, sanctification, healing, and the baptism of the Holy Spirit. It was called the Apostolic Faith even though it had nothing to do with later teaching on Oneness and baptism in Jesus' Name. Later it would be referred to by some as Full Gospel. Some times they could afford a building to hold meetings in and some times even a separate place to stay. Finances and food came in by the grace of God.

On page 69 of The Winds of God the author talks about the way they dressed which is in marked contrast to the way some of the preachers preach about standards, clothing, jewelry, etc today. Years ago we used to refer to this as "clothes line preaching." Now I guess it's just considered preaching on standards.

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."
Old 02-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

careful there, guys,
you're talking about the "old time" Apostolic faith when we wore jewelry, fellowshiped with trinnies, and believed salvation came before baptism in Jesus name and the Holy Ghost Baptism.

P.S. some of us still dop
Old 02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
She makes me look good!

Dan,

I was evangelizing in California at that time. "Tragedy" was preached at Landmark the year that the "resolution" came down...I believe 1992? Anyway, he didn't say, Not to sign the AS" because there wasn't one yet. He just encouraged everyone to remember that the UPC was made up of at least 2 diverse Pentecostal group (PCI and PAJC) and that they decided to "fellowship the difference".

In that sermon was the first I had heard of the 'fellowship the difference" concept.

The ultimate plea in the message was that we should not go the route of drawing lines that were never meant to be drawn during the merger...and that warring with each other only serves to hurt the generations that follow--because of the division it continues to bring as more and more lines of separation are drawn.

He uses illustrations about how the UPC had become more and more polarized through the years where now (then-1992) things that would remove you from fellowship used to be accepted in leadership--"a pearl necklace on Clyde Haney's wife, beards, etc...)

I have the tape for sure...I would just have to sift through boxes to find it...if you want a copy pm me your address and I'll see what I can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Pelathais, I sure hope you don't get banned for telling the truth.

I have seen so many lies posted. The best one is the one Triumphant 1 did his best to combat. You know, the hair cutting party thing?

Prominent members of this board chose to believe the lie and even continue to spread it, even though T1 had totally proved it was false.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Daniel - give him a call.

http://newlife-boise.org/
Boy, does he look like his Dad!!! Apparently has the same spirit as well. That spirit will get you crucified!
Old 02-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Mama to four little angels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Daniel - give him a call.

http://newlife-boise.org/
Oh WOW he's fixed up his website! This makes me happy! He's an amazing Bible teacher. If you ever feel like visiting Boise, make sure to get to the Wed night Bible study. It's something you won't regret.

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 02-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

When I was saved, I read the book, "From An Acorn to An Oak" by Bro. Yadon and it was a tremendous help to me. What a man of God! Jeff.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:40 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I have a book titled "From An Acorn To An Oak" by Loren Yadon.
It came from the UPC Publishing House.
Is that the same guy?
Is/was he a one-stepper?
Yes.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:09 PM
ModeratelyConservativePro gresv

The man who fired LY will answer to God for what he did. It was just plain wrong and it was a political decision fueled by anger at LY having drug this man's mother into it. That didn't make sense to me when he told me that cuz it was his MOM who published the photos, not LY. But in the convoluted rationalization that goes on when people make up their minds to do wrong it made sense to him.

That was the event that sent me over the edge and out of the UPC. It was after LY's lynching that I actively pursued a path out of the UPC. I wasn't at the session as it was a day session and I was working. But I listened to the tape later that week and it thrilled me because he was speaking for all the things that I felt and he was championing the cause of unity and peace. And then he got cruficified and I knew, because of who assisinated him, that my time was over.

Ironically, in part of his sermon LY talked about how the old guys fight each other while the young men sit on the sidelines and watch the blood flow in the battle field that LY said was a tragedy. He was a causalty of his own words...it was pretty prophetic. To this day, this situation makes me sick to my stomach. It's reprehensible and there was absolutely no justification for it. And no accountability either, which is another tragedy considering the high premium placed on accountability there.