Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

Re: Bro. Kenneth Haney Needs a Miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Sorry everyone for my earlier post. It may not have been out of line in another thread but it certainly was here. I was in a very bad mood and decided to use some bad judgement.....
Thank you for this post. I had responded to your original post - and then deleted it because I didn't want this thread to be hijacked.

We are believing God for a FULL and COMPLETE recovery for Bishop Haney!
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 10-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

The problem is your weird avatar, not your comments.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
The problem is your weird avatar, not your comments.
You don't like Karl? You gotta see that show!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

Randy, when Walt's aneurysm ruptured, he should have died instantly. That's what NORMALLY happens in that situation. Instead he lived thru the surgery. When the doctor came out to talk to me, he commented that Walt should not be alive and that he could not guarantee that he would continue to live and if he did, he would almost certainly be a vegetable for the rest of his life. My comment to him was that we had been praying all the while Walt was in surgery and I was SURE that that was why he was alive. And that the God I serve does not start something that He doesn't intend to finish. So I believed that Walt would come out of this whole and restored.

He was not immediately. It was a long, hard road to get there. But eventually he did come out of it just as I believed God had intended for him to to begin with. It was not instanteously. But GOD still did the work.

I've thought about this alot in the years since the aneurysm. If Walt had not been restored wholly, would I still have said that this was a miracle from God? What if God had decided to take him Home to Heaven instead of finishing the work He had started in the operating room? What then? The conclusion I came to is that - first of all only God is GOD. He makes the choices, not me. And yes, whatever choice He had made really would have to be considered a miracle. If He had brought Walt back only part of the way, it still would have been more than the doctors had expected. So I would still say yes, it was a miracle. And if God had taken Walt to Heaven, how much more could Walt have ever hoped for?! It would have been hard for us, but the JOY that Walt would have been experiencing - oh my!! So for a believer, I guess I kind of feel like whatever GOD chooses - He always chooses for our best.

I know this sounds like double-talk. I do believe that what God starts He always intends to finish. But I'm not sure that HIS way of finishing something is always the same as OUR idea of finishing something.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I know this sounds like double-talk. I do believe that what God starts He always intends to finish. But I'm not sure that HIS way of finishing something is always the same as OUR idea of finishing something.
This goes right along with the saying that God always answers prayers, sometimes His answer is just no. We also may not know for many years WHY His answer was no, but eventually we will. I prayed for things decades ago that only now have come about and looking back I see God's wisdom for NOT granting me certain favors we I first asked. Only in a lifetime of hindsight am I beginning to understand.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
This goes right along with the saying that God always answers prayers, sometimes His answer is just no. We also may not know for many years WHY His answer was no, but eventually we will. I prayed for things decades ago that only now have come about and looking back I see God's wisdom for NOT granting me certain favors we I first asked. Only in a lifetime of hindsight am I beginning to understand.
right! exactly!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Registered Member

I John 5:13-15 (KJV - Emphasis added)
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

The "key" to receiving that which we ask of God - doing so according to his will. And what is His "will"? Well, John also tells us what that is as well:

I John 3:22 (KJV)
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Aren't ya thankful for that word "whatsoever," which implies that nothing is excluded? Our Lord Jesus Christ also included it within the context of that which He said concerning the petitions we submit to God, therein displaying our confidence (i.e., faith) in Him to fulfill (see Matthew 21:22) -

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Each of these things reflect our actions, with believing, IMHO, being the most essential element, for it expresses the "confidence that we have in him."
Old 10-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

World Network Of Prayer

Reverend Kenneth Haney Update 10/06/11

Bishop Haney had the best night yet since his diagnosis! We are thanking God for that and thanking all of you who are praying - for your PRAYERS! He has preached FAITH for years and now that Faith is being tried! But as the three Hebrew children had the 4th man walking with them in the fire, we feel HIM walking with us in the fire! God said He was the great Physician! Jesus is the Doctor in the house today! Our faith is in Him! He is Lord of lords and King of kings! He does ALL things well! We TRUST HIM and are not afraid but are confident in His mercy and power to answer all the prayers prayed around the world on behalf of Bishop Haney! Please continue your vigil of fervent prayer until this Miracle is complete! Please Don't stop, don't let up but help us fight our way to victory!! This song is our theme song: "Whose report will you believe? We shall believe the report of the Lord! His report says I am HEALED! His report says I am filled! His report says I am free! His report says VICTORY!" Much Love & Thankfulness to ALL of you!

Sister Joy Haney and Family
Old 10-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Saturday, October 15th - URGENT - Update from Pastor Nathaniel Haney

To our church family and all of our beloved friends that have been in prayer for my father, I would like to take a moment to update you of his present condition. Over the last three days he has steadily been declining. He can no longer walk and most of the time he just lies in bed sleeping. As a family we are still beseeching the Almighty to raise him up and heal him. We do realize without a miracle the end is near. I know that people around the world have been praying and as of late at the UPCI General Conference there has been a 24 hour prayer chain, for this we are extremely grateful. At present we feel a deep urgency, at the condition of our father and we are asking once again for intercessory prayers to be made. We thank you so much for your prayers and support, and all the love you have given us. Please hold my father up in prayer with the family believing for his healing.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 10-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

May God do that which it is in His perfect will to perform. I will continue to pray for Bro. Haney, and believe that God will do according to His good pleasure.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.