Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Apostolic Articles
Facebook

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Not riding the train

Re: People of the Name

Great book and I agree with all that he wrote!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:57 AM
Registered Member

To Sam and Pastor Rick luv you brothers.

Last edited by pastorrush; 11-08-2009 at 05:58 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Registered Oneness Pentecostal

Scripture states that in 2 Chronicles 7:14 (King James Version)

14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Im am Holy Ghost proud to be part of the people of the name! One God Apostolic Tongue Talking Holy Ghost Filled Born Again Believer!

But I also believe that the key to our greatest revival is when we, the people of the name(Jesus), would humble ourselves and repent of our ways and seek the face of God that he will hear from heaven, forgive our sins, and heal our land! The biggest hinderance to the latter day revival is Not the trintarians or unitarians but the people of the name who have an understading of the name but refuse to walk in the power of the name!
:It is time for us Christians, to face up to our responsibility for holiness. Too often we say we are “defeated” by this or that sin. No, we are not defeated; we are simply disobedient. It might be well if we stopped using the terms victory and defeat to describe our progress in holiness. Rather we should use the terms obedience and disobedience.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gods_Chosen_85 View Post
Scripture states that in 2 Chronicles 7:14 (King James Version)

14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Im am Holy Ghost proud to be part of the people of the name! One God Apostolic Tongue Talking Holy Ghost Filled Born Again Believer!

But I also believe that the key to our greatest revival is when we, the people of the name(Jesus), would humble ourselves and repent of our ways and seek the face of God that he will hear from heaven, forgive our sins, and heal our land! The biggest hinderance to the latter day revival is Not the trintarians or unitarians but the people of the name who have an understading of the name but refuse to walk in the power of the name!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gods_Chosen_85 View Post
could this be considered taking the name of the Lord in vain?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

Most interesting, foundational and realistically sound. everything that one needs in the pursuit of eternal life. our visit here was very rewarding. I'm very old, but this makes me feel much younger!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

As a newbie, I’m going back and reading some of the older Posts, and this one is great.
I love David Bernard’s books, I think I have read most of them.