Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:53 AM
Registered Member

Prayer needed

I am writing this as a prayer request. Asking that anyone that see's this would pray for Mallary-Flynn. The word says: "Again I say unto you. That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven." I have been praying that God would take notice of her, and that she would be sent to an alter of repentance, and that she would be baptized, and filled with the Holyghost. I have also been praying for reconciliation. I ask that we agree on this and pray with me daily, please.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:55 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Prayer needed

Trust me when I say this...God hasn't lost track of her and she has never lost His attention. He is well able and willing to draw her.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:35 AM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Trust me when I say this...God hasn't lost track of her and she has never lost His attention. He is well able and willing to draw her.
Amen Jedi! You are speaking from experience! Praise God for that!

Yes, indeed, I will pray with you for Mallory. God knows just where she is and what she needs. Don't be afraid if difficult circumstances come her way. It could be the Lord is trying to get her attention. Will pray and believe with you for her heart to turn to Him.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

I have been somewhat vague here. I have been in a back slid state for some 11 years. Always maintaining in prayer but backsliden none the less. I asked God to put someone in my life which he did. By doing so I started a consecrated return to God. Praying for the person I was with. Then she left, the spirit in her perceived the prayers, is what I think. She has never had a real revelation of God or oneness or baptism in Jesus name. So I have been in Trevail for her. Asking that God hedge her way with thorns and build a wall. That he reconcile our relationship, I have maintained my return to God and have been looking for a church. I am heart broke and praying that God use me or just send Flynn to an Apostolic Faith ministry for repentance, baptism, and the infilling of the Holyghost. So I ask believe with me, agree with me that God stir her spirit that he tear down strongholds and break chains that bind her and do a miraculous work.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Trust me when I say that I can relate. My wife and I were involved in some pretty crazy and messed up stuff and it took my world being shattered to get my attention. However, God isn't cupid and He won't force Himself into someone's life against their will. When I came back to God it was because I desperately needed a place of safety and refuge. She may not be at that point yet and she may never get to that point.

Pray first and foremost that you remain steadfast in your faith.

This can't be a "If you will do this I'll do that" kind of relationship. It's gotta be all in baby no matter what. No matter what she decides YOU have to stay true to Him.

Obviously you are different than you were before and who you are now may not be who she wants to be with.

That's just some cold hard truth bro.

The question is, can you hold tight to Jesus and exhibit and display traits that she admires and appreciates in a future husband?

Again...I don't believe in cupid Jesus...

I'm not praying for hedges OR thorns but I WILL pray that you remain steadfast and that you have peace no matter the outcome.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:07 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Trust me when I say that I can relate. My wife and I were involved in some pretty crazy and messed up stuff and it took my world being shattered to get my attention. However, God isn't cupid and He won't force Himself into someone's life against their will. When I came back to God it was because I desperately needed a place of safety and refuge. She may not be at that point yet and she may never get to that point.

Pray first and foremost that you remain steadfast in your faith.

This can't be a "If you will do this I'll do that" kind of relationship. It's gotta be all in baby no matter what. No matter what she decides YOU have to stay true to Him.

Obviously you are different than you were before and who you are now may not be who she wants to be with.

That's just some cold hard truth bro.

The question is, can you hold tight to Jesus and exhibit and display traits that she admires and appreciates in a future husband?

Again...I don't believe in cupid Jesus...

I'm not praying for hedges OR thorns but I WILL pray that you remain steadfast and that you have peace no matter the outcome.
Wow, that was powerful, straightforward and excellent advice Jedi! Praising the Lord He brought you into this place where you can encourage others too!

And will continue to pray for you HPwood that the Lord will do whatever He can, however He can, and all that He can.