Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

Re: Any darkside of Charles Parham and Wiliam Bran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
In my opinion, Charles Parham and William Branham were men of God whom God used. God does not use perfect people because He doesn't have any perfect people to use. They both have "fulfilled their course" so let's let them rest in peace.

Whether we like it or not, they are part of our Apostolic/Pentecostal heritage.
They are indeed part of the Pentecostal heritage. And yes, they have fulfilled their course. They are beyond debate at this time. Yet, there is a residual fall out that does not resonate as with other followings. Whether William was sincere or merely grossly deceived about issues, he did initiate a cult that has deceived multitiudes of persons. We might say, "we cannot lay this to his charge" as our explanation but I am not sure that is entirely true. The body of his teaching was decidedly one that pointed to himself if only obliquely at times but with the understanding ["if you're spiritual, you'll catch something"] he was indeed referencing himself.

We cannot determine destinies, it is impossible in this context, but we can and should determine correct Biblical Doctrine. Much of what Branham said in the latter phases of his ministry had no Biblical support. We had to take his word for it as the "vindicated prophet." That did [and does] work for many. It relieves them of the pain of thinking and praying and studying. If a "pope" has the answers, what need to study for oneself?

But, as you have written, they [he] has fulfilled his course and the words are engraved in stone as it were. Let the reader beware.

Shalom.

Even so, come soon Lord Jesus
Old 01-16-2019, 11:13 PM
Registered Member

I believe in Rev. William Branham. He was one of the greatest Prophets this world has ever seen. God has never had anyone qualified working for Him yet. That includes Brother Branham.

As an Apostolic Pentecostal believer I will not say anything bad about Brother Branham, I respect him and the legacy he left.

Dr. Paul S. Martin
Old 01-17-2019, 07:47 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPAULMARTIN View Post
I God has never had anyone qualified working for Him yet. That includes Brother Branham.
So, Branham wasn't qualified to work for God.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-21-2019, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

Charles Parham believed and taught as much truth OVERALL as most Preachers today. He was way ahead of his time. He had as far as I know one major moral failure from which he fully repented.

As far as racism I hope he was not a racist. If one despises a man because of race I doubt he would be welcome in Heaven. How could he have been one when he himself taught Seymor?