Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 02-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

if you cannot trust god down here what makes you think you can trust him up there? With your soul for eternity?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Administrator

I noticed a lot of 1911 .45's on this thread. That is the pistol my son who was the Marine has and also my SIL.

I have a Rossi 357 magnum for home defense, my wife has the little pink Ruger 380 LCP I bought her yesterday and posted a pic of on the other gun thread. Soon I will be ordering the lasermax red laser designed for the Ruger LCP.

I also have a DPMS Panther Oracle AR 15 16" carbine and numerous lowers and uppers on order to assemble more. I have a Sightmark Zombie Holographic sight and just ordered a green laser for the Panther.

After spending $15 earlier this week and yesterday $18.00 for each box of 20 PMC XTAC 556 today I found another small town source about 30 miles from where I live that had it for $15. Wish I hadn't spend most of my money on it for $18 yesterday! I was happy to pay the $18 though because most places are selling 223 /556 for $24-$33 per box in my area. I am hoping they have some more of that $15 box PMC next month when I can work it in my budget.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudahShaLLead View Post
if you cannot trust god down here what makes you think you can trust him up there? With your soul for eternity?
I think some people do not want to die at the hand of another, if their is something they can do to protect themselves or their family. We can trust God and still defend ourselves.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 02-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
I think some people do not want to die at the hand of another, if their is something they can do to protect themselves or their family. We can trust God and still defend ourselves.
Zactly (Tennessean for "exactly"). By the logic these pacifists use I am surprised any of them bother to have jobs. You would think their logic would dictate they just sit on their collective butts and let God take care of them.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't mean to insult you but your logic is very lame. I trust God yet I have a job to earn money to house and feed my family. In your world is that a lack of faith and trust in God? Should I just quit my job and sit on my big fat butt and let God deliver the goods?

Being prepared to defend yourself is much like going to a doctor. Going to a doctor does not mean I don't believe God can heal me. It means I am doing all that I can do with the resources I have to help myself AND asking God for divine intervention also.

Kind of like the story of the guy in the flood who was stranded on top of his house while the flood water rose. He first rejected the rescue offer of a guy in a boat and then a helicopter, telling the would be rescuers that God would save him. He drowns and when he gets to heaven asks the Lord "why didn't you save me? I was trusting in you!". The Lord said " I sent a boat and a helicopter and you ignored both of them".

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 02-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Im Sorry Ma'am. But Defending ourselves is Not Biblical. I would Love to see a Scripture In the New Testament Where someone Defended their own lives or others using Violence to Combat Violence.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I noticed a lot of 1911 .45's on this thread. That is the pistol my son who was the Marine has and also my SIL.

I have a Rossi 357 magnum for home defense, my wife has the little pink Ruger 380 LCP I bought her yesterday and posted a pic of on the other gun thread. Soon I will be ordering the lasermax red laser designed for the Ruger LCP.

I also have a DPMS Panther Oracle AR 15 16" carbine and numerous lowers and uppers on order to assemble more. I have a Sightmark Zombie Holographic sight and just ordered a green laser for the Panther.

After spending $15 earlier this week and yesterday $18.00 for each box of 20 PMC XTAC 556 today I found another small town source about 30 miles from where I live that had it for $15. Wish I hadn't spend most of my money on it for $18 yesterday! I was happy to pay the $18 though because most places are selling 223 /556 for $24-$33 per box in my area. I am hoping they have some more of that $15 box PMC next month when I can work it in my budget.
Oops I forgot to include my wife's new Mossberg 37207 Tactical 22 rifle that came in today. 25 round magazine and looks like an AR 15.

Next on my list (probably my Christmas present to myself later this year) is going to be a Weatherby Vanguard 2 rifle. 308 caliber with stainless steel barrell and synthetic stock. An all weather gun! Guaranteed sub MOA accuracy.

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 02-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Should I just quit my job and sit on my big fat butt and let God deliver the goods?

Going to a doctor does not mean I don't believe God can heal me. It means I am doing all that I can do with the resources I have to help myself AND asking God for divine intervention also.

Genesis 3:19 "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

So no i don't believe in Sitting on the Couch and let God deliver the goods...

Also If you didn't know Apostle Luke was a physician, How many times Do you read where Someone that needed help with a Infirmity, Pushed Jesus Aside and Sought after Luke to Heal them?

Faith is not Telling God i Completely Trust in you, and at the Same time Still Holding on to the Boat.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Faith is not Telling God i Completely Trust in you, and at the Same time Still Holding on to the Boat.
So I assume you don't believe in going to Doctors either?

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 02-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Administrator

For you gun afficionados out there looking for good deals on guns, ammo, and accessories a few weeks ago I found a very cool site.

This site is where members post deals they have run across on the internet. Some have been very, very good ones. Usually 50-70 new deals are posted each day so you have to check back often and the best deals sometimes are sold out in minutes. It lists the deals then a link you can click on to go to the store / vendor website that is offering the deal.

The site is www.slickguns.com

Titus2woman on AF
F